PDA

View Full Version : Nardi and Kenny


hold2dibber
06-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Thoughts on two of our favorite whipping boys around here:

(1) Although I have never liked Nardi, if I'm going to slam him when the pitching is faltering, I'll give him his props when the pitching is doing well. Several of the younger guys on the staff (in particular, Garland, Biddle, Ginter, and, to a lesser extent, Wright) have been awfully good lately. And the pitching in general (save last night) has been great the last two weeks. Maybe he's turned things around.

(2) KW is constantly slammed as someone who gives up too much in trades. I myself have stated this in several posts. But as I think back, the only trade that comes to mind where this holds true is the Ritchie trade. Are there others I am forgetting?

Randar68
06-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
(2) KW is constantly slammed as someone who gives up too much in trades. I myself have stated this in several posts. But as I think back, the only trade that comes to mind where this holds true is the Ritchie trade. Are there others I am forgetting?

The one the moronic Anaheim ownership saved Kenny from.

Garland, Lee, and prospects for Erstad, wasn't that the deal?

cheeses_h_rice
06-12-2002, 12:09 PM
How about the one with the Dodgers where we got the wrong guy in return?

hold2dibber
06-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


The one the moronic Anaheim ownership saved Kenny from.

Garland, Lee, and prospects for Erstad, wasn't that the deal?

I believe it was Garland, Singleton and prospects for Erstad, but you're still right - that would have been a moronic trade.

guillen4life13
06-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber


I believe it was Garland, Singleton and prospects for Erstad, but you're still right - that would have been a moronic trade.

yeah, it was singleton... i remember that. good thing that thing didn't make it over the bridge.

ode to veeck
06-12-2002, 04:49 PM
How about the one with the Dodgers where we got the wrong guy in return?

this one topped the list and was embarrasing to sox fans everywhere

kw didn't even know who he was trading for until after the trade