PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson signs with the Royals

DaveFeelsRight
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/royals-brian-anderson-reach-agreement.html

Let Kansas City be known for being the land of White Sox cast offs

Gammons Peter
12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/royals-brian-anderson-reach-agreement.html

Let Kansas City be known for being the land of White Sox cast offs

and sadly....vice versa

pythons007
12-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, what is it with the White Sox and Royals consistantly trading and picking up eachothers garbage?

soxinem1
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, what is it with the White Sox and Royals consistantly trading and picking up eachothers garbage?

When BA hits at least .265 with 18-20 HR and 60-75 RBI, and contends for a GG, we'll see about that.

I hope he proves Ozzie, KW, and all his nay-sayers on this board wrong.

BA might be the steal of the low-risk, high-reward signings.

sox1970
12-22-2009, 04:41 PM
He'll still suck.

spawn
12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
When BA hits at least .265 with 18-20 HR and 60-75 RBI, and contends for a GG, we'll see about that.

He'll still suck.
And it begins...:rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
12-22-2009, 05:00 PM

:tongue: Hey it has been a while since we had a good BA debate.

Seriously, he is gone, get over it or go cheer for the Royals.

chisoxfanatic
12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Great, more chances for us to give him standing ovations in the coming years. For those of you who ask, yes I was one of those people giving him a standing ovation as he approached the plate in that Friday night game against the Carmines.

tstrike2000
Of course he had to sign in our division. :whiner:

oeo

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

spawn
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Great, more chances for us to give him standing ovations in the coming years. For those of you who ask, yes I was one of those people giving him a standing ovation as he approached the plate in that Friday night game against the Carmines.
Congratulations. I'm still trying to figure out what he did to earn a standing ovation, but oh well. To each his/her own. :shrug:

beasly213
12-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Congratulations. I'm still trying to figure out what he did to earn a standing ovation, but oh well. To each his/her own. :shrug:

He got a standing ovation?!

:facepalm:

Danielgosox38
12-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Lol. I was just fixing to post the exact same thing you did, before I read it... This will be a long thread....

oeo
12-22-2009, 05:36 PM
He got a standing ovation?!

:facepalm:

I guess a few people standing and clapping is considered an ovation.

Foulke You
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I guess a few people standing and clapping is considered an ovation.
Frank Thomas and Joe Crede got standing ovations upon their return. BA got a smattering of applause.

SoxSpeed22
12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Hope he does well (except against us).

SOX ADDICT '73
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
When a team trades or releases a player who, despite everyone's hopes and expectations and numerous opportunities to prove himself, has never risen above (or, in some cases, even reached) mediocrity, there is always a fear that he will suddenly "find it" with a new team and prove all of his naysayers wrong.

I have no such fear in the case of Brian Anderson.

doublem23
12-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Of course he had to sign in our division. :whiner:

I would go with... Thank God Anderson is in our division. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

JB98
12-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I would go with... Thank God Anderson is in our division. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

This.

I'm glad Anderson and Fields are somebody else's problem now. Horrible, horrible players.

tstrike2000
12-22-2009, 06:31 PM

After taking a second to think about it, you may be right.

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
question TPTB. I guess I can root for BA to play everyday in KC because the consensus is that its better for the White Sox if he does so?

(obviously, regardless of the fact that he will ACTUALLY do well and hurt us in at least one game).

JB98
12-22-2009, 07:14 PM
question TPTB. I guess I can root for BA to play everyday in KC because the consensus is that its better for the White Sox if he does so?

(obviously, regardless of the fact that he will ACTUALLY do well and hurt us in at least one game).

So what if he does? Tito Landrum hurt us in one game too. That doesn't mean Tito Landrum was a good player. :dunno:

soxfanreggie
12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
It'll be an even better Christmas in the Anderson household...another year making very high six figures along with another year towards the MLB pension would be a very nice present. This is a huge raise versus what he was making before (59% raise) and a good year could get him a million dollar contract next year.

It will be interesting if the Royals end up playing Fields, Getz, and Anderson on a regular basis - three ex-Sox players making a combined (approximate) $1.5 million.

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 07:32 PM
So what if he does? Tito Landrum hurt us in one game too. That doesn't mean Tito Landrum was a good player. :dunno:

I'm trying to prevent the backlash when people say root for BA in a royals uni because he's so bad and then get mad when he comes through for them.

I think BA being in the division is very bad for us.

It'll be an even better Christmas in the Anderson household...another year making very high six figures along with another year towards the MLB pension would be a very nice present. This is a huge raise versus what he was making before (59% raise) and a good year could get him a million dollar contract next year.

It will be interesting if the Royals end up playing Fields, Getz, and Anderson on a regular basis - three ex-Sox players making a combined (approximate) $1.5 million.

Yep, BA did pretty well for himself. getting more than Wise did last year, guaranteed money since its a ML contract, good chance at playing time in a place his defense will be useful.

Looks like there were at least 4 teams interested in him. I guess he's not THAT washed out.

soxfanreggie
12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Looks like there were at least 4 teams interested in him. I guess he's not THAT washed out.

If a team needs a good defensive outfielder, he could be a great pick-up. He can spell any OF position and could be inserted in the line-up if the game is out of hand or if there is a need for a defensive replacement.

If he breaks out next year and there is a chance he could, he could be quite a steal. I wouldn't have been surprised if the Royals added a Club Option for 2011 with a very small buyout ($100k) as insurance in case he has a good year for them next year.

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 07:54 PM
If a team needs a good defensive outfielder, he could be a great pick-up. He can spell any OF position and could be inserted in the line-up if the game is out of hand or if there is a need for a defensive replacement.

If he breaks out next year and there is a chance he could, he could be quite a steal. I wouldn't have been surprised if the Royals added a Club Option for 2011 with a very small buyout ($100k) as insurance in case he has a good year for them next year.

they get him under their control with arbitration, so if they want him, they can keep him. if not, they can just non tender him like bosox did.

JB98
12-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm trying to prevent the backlash when people say root for BA in a royals uni because he's so bad and then get mad when he comes through for them.

Yep, BA did pretty well for himself. getting more than Wise did last year, guaranteed money since its a ML contract, good chance at playing time in a place his defense will be useful.

The Royals are a non-factor in this division. I'm not concerned about them or anyone on their roster, especially since the Sox have had success against Greinke -- the one legitimately great player they have.

gobears1987
12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Sweet, Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Floyd, and Garcia can now pad their strikeout stats!

gobears1987
12-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Well BA and Fields being on the Royals means that the Twins, Tigers, and Indians each will have 18 guaranteed wins.

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm glad I dont have to personally archive this stuff. Its going to be great looking back on this during the year.

JB98
12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm glad I dont have to personally archive this stuff. Its going to be great looking back on this during the year.

I'm sure you'll be here bragging when Anderson manages to go 1-for-4 against the White Sox.

There's nothing in this world that will ever make me want Brian Anderson back on the White Sox. There's nothing in this world that will ever make me want Josh Fields back either.

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm sure you'll be here bragging when Anderson manages to go 1-for-4 against the White Sox.

There's nothing in this world that will ever make me want Brian Anderson back on the White Sox. There's nothing in this world that will ever make me want Josh Fields back either.

Why would BA want to be back on the Sox, anyways? Why keep getting kicked around when the girl next door is willing to date ya?

JB98
12-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Why would BA want to be back on the Sox, anyways? Why keep getting kicked around when the girl next door is willing to date ya?

Those Royals sure are attractive. Who wouldn't want to play there?

It's Dankerific
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm sure he's planning a little "She's all That"

gobears1987
12-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I mean we all want to date the girl with a broken out face, greasy hair, and headgear. Isn't that the girl we all asked out?

Bobby Thigpen
12-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Fat and ugly chicks need love too!!

I've never understood why people like Brian Anderson so much. Probably the same people who are still waiting for Chris Sabo to "find it" with the Sox.

Frater Perdurabo
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I've never understood why people like Brian Anderson so much.

He was a home-grown prospect whom many Sox fans wanted to succeed. What's so hard to understand about that?

doublem23
12-22-2009, 09:49 PM
He was a home-grown prospect whom many Sox fans wanted to succeed. What's so hard to understand about that?

People are really, really uptight about it, though. I wanted BA to succeed, too, but I very easily recognized when he wasn't any good.

Daver
12-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I've seen enough of this crap.

CLR01
12-22-2009, 10:37 PM
And the haters **** all over another Anderson thread. Shocking! Guess this one was kind of hard to avoid too. :rolleyes: