PDA

View Full Version : Request for info... Carey Schueler (1993 female draftee)

capitoltex
06-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Hello Sox fans! I'm doing a history of women's sports presentation and was looking for information on Carey Schueler, the first female draftee in MLB. I know she was a gimmick draftee because of her father and all, but I'm just looking for info and hopefully a picture of her pitching for my presentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I heard a rumor that she will be on the next Survivor. Have any of you guys heard this too?

thanks,
capitoltex@aol.com

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by capitoltex
Also, I heard a rumor that she will be on the next Survivor. Have any of you guys heard this too?

no

hold2dibber
06-12-2002, 04:09 PM
Hello Sox fans! I'm doing a history of women's sports presentation and was looking for information on Carey Schueler, the first female draftee in MLB. I know she was a gimmick draftee because of her father and all, but I'm just looking for info and hopefully a picture of her pitching for my presentation.

thanks,
capitoltex@aol.com

I have no clue where Ms. Schueler is these days, but your post made me wonder (1) in what round was she drafted; and (2) anybody good drafted after her? It drives me nuts when teams (and the Sox aren't the only team guilty of this) "waste" draft choices by taking, for example, family members of people in the organization. Mike Piazza was a 62nd round draft choice, and Buehrle was drafted really late in the draft too. The only reason for a team "wasting" a draft pick in this manner is if their scouting is so crappy that they're unable to identify potentials diamonds in the rough.

Dadawg_77
06-12-2002, 04:12 PM
There are other reasons, favors and such. The Sox drafted Joe Crede's bro, not really sign him but to do a nice thing for the Crede fam.

The 2B on Oakland was taken after her, I do belive.

Dadawg_77
06-12-2002, 04:13 PM

thanks,
capitoltex@aol.com

All really know was she was a softball player, not sure how good she was.