PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas in danger...

Kilroy
08-05-2001, 02:18 AM
of losing his status as my favorite White Sox player. Aaron Rowand is awesome. When he made that catch last Friday night, I was going nuts. He ran that ball down, going to the wall, and he never slowed up, fence be damned. Then tonight when he came up, I thought to myself (in Hawk voice of course) "C'mon Aaron, have yourself a good night". Next pitch -- yard.

My wife says to me when he first came up to bat tonight, "I know, we gotta watch this guy. He's gonna be good". I guess I mentioned him to her once or twice.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 02:22 AM
No doubt he is looking very good at the plate and is playing one hell of a center field. He also has some speed or so it appears watching on tv.

doublem23
08-05-2001, 02:27 AM
I'm sorry but Buehrle has become my fav Sox player. All my favs have been lefties - Ventura batted lefty (I know he threw righty but I'm willing to overlook that), Siro was a southpaw, and now Buehrle. Jon Garland is still da man in my book, but Mark Buehrle is the Messiah as far as I'm concerned (Isn't that ironic, coming from someone who's going into his 13th year of Catholic schooling?)

Streets
08-05-2001, 03:01 AM
I think Rowand is great but I'm gonna wait and see how he does the rest of this year and into next. Remember when Singleton started out with us? He had a great first year and then after that well mediocre.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Streets
I think Rowand is great but I'm gonna wait and see how he does the rest of this year and into next. Remember when Singleton started out with us? He had a great first year and then after that well mediocre.

Singleton is a different kind of player, he is more of a slap hitter where as Rowand is a power hitter who can draw walks and has speed. I agree that it is a little early to judge him but we can only go on what he has done thus far and it has been good.

As Wanne told reporters after James Allen had a huge day vs. Baltimore:
:wanne
Let's not go putting this guy in the hall of fame just yet.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Speaking of Singleton, what did we give the Yankmes for him in the first place?

rmusacch
08-05-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
No doubt he is looking very good at the plate and is playing one hell of a center field. He also has some speed or so it appears watching on tv.

He can fly. I saw it in person when I was at Comiskey a couple weeks ago. He is growing on me too.

Bmr31
08-05-2001, 11:13 PM
Rowand is beginning to remind me of Jim Edmonds....

doublem23
08-05-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
Speaking of Singleton, what did we give the Yankmes for him in the first place?

We traded P Rich Pratt for Singleton on December 8, 1998.