PDA

View Full Version : Yankees asked Cubs about Zambrano

soltrain21
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/auld_lang_sign_lnyUGytHfw1E9U0jIMUpMN

Yankees asked Cubs about trading Carlos, but apparently the Cubs asking price was too high. He is making a ton of money and would give the Cubs a lot of relief to fill holes they need to fill.

If I'm Hendry I'm trying to get this move done.

parlaycard
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/auld_lang_sign_lnyUGytHfw1E9U0jIMUpMN

Yankees asked Cubs about trading Carlos, but apparently the Cubs asking price was too high. He is making a ton of money and would give the Cubs a lot of relief to fill holes they need to fill.

If I'm Hendry I'm trying to get this move done.

I think you pointed the obvious flaw.

If you were intelligent, you would be trying to get the deal done. If youre Jim Hendry, you're not real bright. Jim Hendry probably asked for Jeter.

pythons007
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM

If you were intelligent, you would be trying to get the deal done. If youre Jim Hendry, you're not real bright. Jim Hendry probably asked for Jeter.

Jeter and ARod and for the Yankees to pick up 90% of the salary and a couple minor leaguers. Don't you know Zambozo is a cy young!?!?!:tongue:

waldo_the_wolf
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Last year, Zambrano said he was definitely retiring after 2012, so I have no idea why the Cubs wouldn't do this.

doublem23
12-21-2009, 06:56 PM

It really depends on if you think the Cubs are legitimate contenders any more. They did win 85 games last year, they've unloaded a giant clubhouse headache (in, of course, a horrible trade), and (this cannot be overstated) they are in the National League.

Now, if you think the Cubs' window of opportunity has closed, then I can't see why you don't start blowing this team up and seeing what you can get for useful guys like Zambrano, Lee, and Ramirez. They've still got some trade value right now, there's no point in keeping them around until they're untradable a la Soriano.

veeter
12-21-2009, 07:34 PM
It really depends on if you think the Cubs are legitimate contenders any more. They did win 85 games last year, they've unloaded a giant clubhouse headache (in, of course, a horrible trade), and (this cannot be overstated) they are in the National League.

Now, if you think the Cubs' window of opportunity has closed, then I can't see why you don't start blowing this team up and seeing what you can get for useful guys like Zambrano, Lee, and Ramirez. They've still got some trade value right now, there's no point in keeping them around until they're untradable a la Soriano.Stop writing things that make sense, and blueprint exactly what the cubs should do. Someone with a brain over there might catch wind of it.

pearso66
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM

Now, if you think the Cubs' window of opportunity has closed, then I can't see why you don't start blowing this team up and seeing what you can get for useful guys like Zambrano, Lee, and Ramirez. They've still got some trade value right now, there's no point in keeping them around until they're untradable a la Soriano.

Haha, Soriano became un-tradeable as soon as that deal was signed.

white sox bill
12-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Doesn't Z have a no trade clause? If so, why would'nt he not ok a trade esp. to the Yankees? Talk about a 180 degree turn...

TDog
12-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Maybe the Yankees were looking for a DH.

johnnyg83
12-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe the Yankees were looking for a DH.

"funny, because it's true."

soxinem1
12-23-2009, 03:00 PM

And Beckett.... And R-Rod.....