PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

chisox123
12-20-2009, 06:03 PM
This isn't a big story at all, but I was on MLB.com and read an article where they were talking about teams who are going for three strong starters modeling themselves after the Yankees. I looked down to the White Sox part and the three pitchers they mentioned were Buehrle, Floyd, and Danks, with no mention of the best pitcher on the staff, Jake Peavy. I just thought it was kinda weird and didn't know what to make of it.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/200912197833410/2#top

DSpivack
12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Peavy is on there. :scratch:

MARTINMVP
12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Peavy probably was originally omitted. Not too uncommon for these types of companies to make mistakes these days and correct them as they find a mistake.

Editorial standards for web posting is leaner than the old days of paper publishing because of the ability to correct a mundane mistake - plus, economics these days allow inexperienced people or interns with more responsibilities versus the old days.

DirtySox
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Peavy was indeed edited in.

JermaineDye05
12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
CC Sabathia thinks that no one ever talks about him, Burnett, or Pettitte?

and that they sneak up on people? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Who the hell does he think he's playing for?

Thatguyoverthere
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
CC Sabathia thinks that no one ever talks about him, Burnett, or Pettitte?

Who the hell does he think he's playing for?:rolling: I noticed that too, what an absolutely ridiculous and ignorant comment by Sabathia.

Frontman
12-20-2009, 09:06 PM

Sabathia couldn't sneak up on anyone. Seismic vibrations alone would alert someone to his presence.

Shoeless
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Sabathia couldn't sneak up on anyone. Seismic vibrations alone would alert someone to his presence.

He probably smells like death, too. Especially when he's pitching, think about the perspiration.

gr8mexico
12-20-2009, 10:53 PM
and Danks is a rising left-handed star.
Doesn't that just give you the chills. I really cant wait for the baseball
season to start.

JermaineDye05
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
and Danks is a rising left-handed star.
Doesn't that just give you the chills. I really cant wait for the baseball
season to start.

Not really, since I think a lot of us really know what John is capable of. I think when players say that his change-up is the closest thing to a Santana change is when I get chills.

To think, that when he came to camp in 2007, he was just trying out his changeup and now it's easily his best pitch when he's locating it right.