PDA

View Full Version : Still no respect

LITTLE NELL
12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
So I'm reading my lastest Golf Digest and there is an article about what Tiger Woods can learn from President Obama. It goes on to say that Tiger just hangs around guys like Jeter and Roger Federer who are considered winners while the President shows up in a lot of places with his White Sox jacket or cap and how he shows up to games only to see them lose.
Are these writers idiots or what, we had a damn good decade with 3 division titles and a World Series trophy. I'm really pissed right now after reading this. The only good thing in the article was that Obama is not a Cub fan and would look rediculous in Cubby blue.

mzh
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
So I'm reading my lastest Golf Digest and there is an article about what Tiger Woods can learn from President Obama. It goes on to say that Tiger just hangs around guys like Jeter and Roger Federer who are considered winners while the President shows up in a lot of places with his White Sox jacket or cap and how he shows up to games only to see them lose.
Are these writers idiots or what, we had a damn good decade with 3 division titles and a World Series trophy. I'm really pissed right now after reading this. The only good thing in the article was that Obama is not a Cub fan and would look rediculous in Cubby blue.

I think all of us get tired of it, but all the more we get to brag when we hoist that trophy i guess.

Rdy2PlayBall
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok. That is ****ing stupid. :angry:

It shows what even people who write in sports magazines don't know the difference between the Cubs and Sox.

HEY BUDDY! THE CUBS ARE THE ****TY TEAM! :tongue:

beasly213
12-18-2009, 03:02 PM

Repect? :scratch:

I think this is bound for Whats the Score...

JermaineDye05
12-18-2009, 03:02 PM
What is repect? :tongue:

LITTLE NELL
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry, meant respect.

Cuck the Fubs
12-18-2009, 03:29 PM
The President shows up in a lot of places with his White Sox jacket or cap and how he shows up to games only to see them lose.

:scratch: Isn't this what makes Cub fans the greatest in the world? :scratch:

Domeshot17
12-18-2009, 04:00 PM
For non Sox fans 2005 seems to be a deep after thought. We have been the playoffs once since then only to get our butts kicked in 4 games and we had 2 disastrous seasons in the mix. It hasn't been a great few years.

cards press box
12-18-2009, 04:21 PM
It goes on to say that Tiger just hangs around guys like Jeter and Roger Federer who are considered winners while the President shows up in a lot of places with his White Sox jacket or cap and how he shows up to games only to see them lose.

Oh, like Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS where then Sen. Obama threw out the first ball? Oh wait, that can't be right -- the Sox won that game in historic fashion. Perhaps the writer is referring to Game 1 of 2005 World Series, as President Obama was at that game, too. No, that can't be right, either -- the Sox won that game, too, and swept the World Series.

I think I figured this out: with regard to the White Sox, this Golf Digest writer is clueless.

veeter
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
The guy's just upset that he writes for Golf Digest, and makes $65.00 for each article he writes.

Bobby Thigpen
12-18-2009, 10:31 PM
It's the Golf Digest. They think golfers are world class athletes.

Don't get too riled up.

TDog
12-18-2009, 11:05 PM
The guy's just upset that he writes for Golf Digest, and makes $65.00 for each article he writes.

Are you sure? I know times are hard at Conde Nast (they announce in October they are shutting down Gourmet and a couple of other titles), but seven years ago Golf Digest was paying $2 a word for 600-word freelance columns.

BleacherBandit
12-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Is there a link? Sorry, I don't get Golf Digest.

veeter
12-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Are you sure? I know times are hard at Conde Nast (they announce in October they are shutting down Gourmet and a couple of other titles), but seven years ago Golf Digest was paying $2 a word for 600-word freelance columns.No, I'm not sure. It was just my failed attempt at humor.

Shoeless_Jeff
12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Golf is what pro athletes play on their off days.

MarkM2112
12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I guess that's why he writes for Golf Digest instead of BASEBALL Digest... :scratch:

PennStater98r
12-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Who's the author of that garbage anyway?

Thomes Forearm
12-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Who's the author of that garbage anyway?

you guessed it...Frank Stallone

http://kore.mitene.or.jp/~jamboree/frank%20stallone.jpg

Rohan
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
We're getting pissed over this... When really we should be laughing at the hilarity of the goof by Golf Digest. "Ten tips Obama can take from Tiger."

Given recent events with Tiger Woods, that's hilarious! They had already printed the cover when we learned about Tiger's accident and the slippery slope that was Tiger Woods. No one is actually going to read the article. Just laugh at the cover and mock Golf Digest. Their flawed opinions and failed journalism will be over shadowed by their unfortunate timing and lack of tact.

http://www.beersteak.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/golf-digest-cover-tiger-woods-barack-obama.jpg

C-Dawg
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Is there a link? Sorry, I don't get Golf Digest.

I don't get it either. I mean, I read the magazine, I just don't get it.

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

soxinem1
12-23-2009, 01:53 PM

Obama is an over-hyped White Sox fan anyway. During his little speech regarding Buehrle's perfect game he couldn't even name Wise as the CF who made the catch. He referred to him as 'That CF'.

A real fan would have known that.

And regarding the CHC uni's, EVERYONE looks ridiculous in cubbie-blew.

Nellie_Fox
12-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Obama is an over-hyped White Sox fan anyway. During his little speech regarding Buehrle's perfect game he couldn't even name Wise as the CF who made the catch. He referred to him as 'That CF'.He eventually came up with "Weiss." He has also referred to the park as Cominsky Field.

oeo
12-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Obama is an over-hyped White Sox fan anyway. During his little speech regarding Buehrle's perfect game he couldn't even name Wise as the CF who made the catch. He referred to him as 'That CF'.

Oh well. Honestly, how much time does he have in the day to actually follow baseball, let alone know who the 25th guy on the roster's name is? A "real" fan (whatever that is), a casual fan...whatever, he wears a Sox cap and the entire world sees it. Nothing but good can come out of that for the White Sox, it's free advertising.

No doubt about that.

Rohan
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
He eventually came up with "Weiss." He has also referred to the park as Cominsky Field.

Dewayne Weiss :rolling:

scarsofthumper
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Why do you care?

Rohan
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Why do you care?

Why he thinks that no one looks good in a Cubs uniform? Or why he thinks that Obama isn't a die hard Sox fan like most of the members of this community?

And why should you question either unless you're trying to start something...