PDA

View Full Version : 13 Million Dollar Man - Johnny " what an ego" Damon

Waysouthsider
12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
According to Buck Martinez on MLB/XM this morning Damon says the Yankees need to offer him at least 13million/yr or else don't bother to make an offer at all.....I'm guessing "no offer at all"?

spawn
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't know if I'd say he has an ego problem. That's the price you pay when you pay exorbitant contracts. When one of your players becomes a free agent, they're going to want to get paid handsomely because, quite frankly, you've done it before, and you continue to do it. I see no problem with Damon's demands.

WSox597
12-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't know if I'd say he has an ego problem. That's the price you pay when you pay exorbitant contracts. When one of your players becomes a free agent, they're going to want to get paid handsomely because, quite frankly, you've done it before, and you continue to do it. I see no problem with Damon's demands.

This is true, but his skills are declining. That kind of payday is unreasonable.

With that said, he'll probably get it. :D:

spawn
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
This is true, but his skills are declining. That kind of payday is unreasonable.

Outside of NY, that pay is unreasonable. I doubt he'd ask for that from most teams. He knows he could demand it from the Yankees.

DSpivack
12-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Basically Damon is saying he won't take a pay cut.

LoveYourSuit
12-17-2009, 10:33 AM

Just me but I thought he had one of his best years of his career last year.

pythons007
12-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Well with right field being the size of a little field, anyone could have a year like he did!

Dibbs
12-17-2009, 11:10 AM

His skills are declining? He had one of his best years, and had more/higher runs, doubles, rbi, avg, obp, ops than Granderson.

hi im skot
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Good for him. Career year + the Yankees payroll = smart move.

He won't get it from anyone BUT the Yankees.

cws05champ
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM

Hmmmm....in a contract year, no less. What a coincidence!!

kaufsox
12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Yep, had a great year the only problem for him is Granderson coming in, the Yanks might decide to let him go and I doubt anyone else will go that high. Of course he didn't put that price out there for anyone but they Yanks, no did he? Seems like good business:smile:

oeo
12-17-2009, 06:45 PM

The only thing that's possibly declined is his defense. His offense hasn't declined a bit.

BadBobbyJenks
12-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Basically Damon is saying he won't take a pay cut.

What an ego!

cards press box
12-19-2009, 11:09 AM
According to Buck Martinez on MLB/XM this morning Damon says the Yankees need to offer him at least 13million/yr or else don't bother to make an offer at all.....I'm guessing "no offer at all"?

As the Yankees have traded for Curtis Granderson and have signed Nick Johnson to be their DH, I suspect that "no offer at all" is in the lead.

Redus Redux
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Humans want more money as opposed to less money. Film at 10.