PDA

View Full Version : Boston Going After Adrian

DirtySox
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
As speculated by many, Boston is going after Adrian Gonzalez. One source thinks there is a good chance he is traded within the next 10 days to the Red Sox. Surprise surprise.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/red-sox-take-aim-at-adrian-gonzalez

http://twitter.com/jorgearangure/status/6736480095

Craig Grebeck
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Sure is nice to have that kind of organizational depth.

DirtySox
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Sure is nice to have that kind of organizational depth.

It must be nice to throw tons of money at free agents while also being able to trade for one of the league's premier bats and not have your farm system be completely decimated.

I really fear for our farm if we trade for any noteworthy bat. (Which is why signing Matsui would have been ideal.)

VeeckAsInWreck
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Our farm hasn't really produced much, I'd be willing to trade prospects to get a proven bat like Adrian Gonzalez.

I will be furious if Boston lands him.

BadBobbyJenks
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
It must be nice to throw tons of money at free agents while also being able to trade for one of the league's premier bats and not have your farm system be completely decimated.

I really fear for our farm if we trade for any noteworthy bat. (Which is why signing Matsui would have been ideal.)

It must be nice to draft guys like Clay Bucholz and Hanley Ramirez.

Craig Grebeck
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
It must be nice to draft guys like Clay Bucholz and Hanley Ramirez.
Hanley was an international signing.

The Red Sox are just damn good at drafting and developing.

doublem23
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Hanley was an international signing.

The Red Sox are just damn good at drafting and developing.

That they are, but let's not forget that Buccholz is only expendable because they're able to drop $82 million over 5 years on John Lackey.

pythons007
12-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Well if they could get both Ellsbury and Bucholtz for Gonzo that would be a pretty decent trade.

BadBobbyJenks
12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
That they are, but let's not forget that Buccholz is only expendable because they're able to drop $82 million over 5 years on John Lackey.

And due to the fact they drafted Jon Lester and had the assets to trade for Josh Beckett. They are a machine, drafting and scouting is top notch and have the cash to go after big free agents.

oeo
12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Where does the next ten days come from? Sounds like a leak to go in the Padres' favor. In a couple days some mystery team will be in on him and his trade value skyrockets.

I'll believe it when I see it. There's just BS written all over this and someone ate it up.

chunk
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Well if they could get both Ellsbury and Bucholtz for Gonzo that would be a pretty decent trade.

That would be robbery.

Jpgr91
12-16-2009, 03:26 PM
That would be robbery.

In favor of the Red Sox.

russ99
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
In favor of the Red Sox.

If this goes down, I hope they give up Daniel Bard. That kid's gonna be a monster. We need him out of the A.L.

oeo
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
If this goes down, I hope they give up Daniel Bard. That kid's gonna be a monster. We need him out of the A.L.

He might pitch a total of 15 innings in his career against us. :shrug:

tm1119
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Does anybody think we even have what it takes to get Adrian without trading John Danks? Where would we start with an offer? Hudson, Jordan Danks, Tyler Flowers......? Im not sure SD would even jump at guys like Vicidieo or Morel because they already have Headley, Kouzmanoff, Blanks, and Dykstra who are already, or close to, MLB ready at 1B/3B.

I think Gonzalez is a pipe dream that we need to move on from.

russ99
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
He might pitch a total of 15 innings in his career against us. :shrug:

Not after he replaces Papelbon...

oeo
12-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Not after he replaces Papelbon...

He's a reliever. We play the Red Sox 6 or 7 times a season. His effect over his career on the White Sox will be very minimal. Just like Mariano Rivera. You're acting like he's a starting pitcher in our division, or he's some big bat that's going to kill us.

A. Cavatica
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I think Alexei is our most expendable piece because of age, talent, contract, and personnel. If I were KW I'd be very interested in knowing what I could get in return.

chunk
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
In favor of the Red Sox.

Well, yeah I thought that was obvious.