PDA

View Full Version : Jays Trade Michael Taylor for Brett Wallace

DirtySox
12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow.

Jays will be trading Michael Taylor who they just acquired from Philly in the Doc deal, to the A's for Brett Wallace. (Who was traded from St. Louis to Oakland in the Holliday deal)

I'm a huge fan of Brett Wallace and really like this for the Jays, but there are huge questions if Brett can remain at 3rd.

http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/6701608325

Craig Grebeck
12-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Never been a big Wallace guy at all. I love this trade for the A's.

DirtySox
12-15-2009, 11:31 AM

You are probably right. Both players have nice bats, but Taylor has much more defensive value.

I'm just in love with Wallace's swing.

soxinem1
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
How often do you see blue chip hitting prospects traded for each other?

To top that off, how often do you see a guy already traded when he has not been officially acquired by the team trading him?

Craig Grebeck
12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
You are probably right. Both players have nice bats, but Taylor has much more defensive value.

I'm just in love with Wallace's swing.
Taylor could bust, and one would hope Beane would show more patience with him than he showed with Carlos Gonzalez. That was a mistake.

thedudeabides
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM

Agreed. I never understood why people were so hard on the Cardinals for giving him up in the Holliday deal. I see no way he can remain at third and many think his power is still a question mark, especially for a 1b/dh.

chisox616
12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
How often do you see blue chip hitting prospects traded for each other?

To top that off, how often do you see a guy already traded when he has not been officially acquired by the team trading him?

I think its based on the fact that the Jays drafted Wallace before he went to high school, but the Cards picked him up afterward.

doublem23
12-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Taylor could bust, and one would hope Beane would show more patience with him than he showed with Carlos Gonzalez. That was a mistake.

Not me, I'm all for other American League teams trading good players away to the National League.

Craig Grebeck
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Not me, I'm all for other American League teams trading good players away to the National League.
Naturally. I've got a soft spot for young center fielders with Taylor's potential.

DirtySox
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Naturally. I've got a soft spot for young center fielders with Taylor's potential.

I have an irrational love for players who aren't exactly the picture of athleticism who can hit the ball a mile. I guess Wallace would fit in that category. Jaff Decker is another current favorite of mine.

Craig Grebeck
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I have an irrational love for players who aren't exactly the picture of athleticism who can hit the ball a mile. I guess Wallace would fit in that category. Jaff Decker is another current favorite of mine.
Decker's such a polarizing guy. I'm not sure I buy the hype.

DirtySox
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Decker's such a polarizing guy. I'm not sure I buy the hype.

I'm not sure if I buy in, but I like the guy and hope he succeeds.