PDA

View Full Version : John Danks

Metalthrasher442
12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey what's his contract status and do we all think for sure he will be resigned? I wonder this because I am interested in a Danks jersey and MLB is having that 20% off coupon until tomorrow. Thanks for all your help!

johnny_mostil
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Danks isn't going anywhere

jabrch
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Danks is under the Sox control for 4 more years. We have no guarantees he won't be moved in the back end of that deal - but the Sox are in control of that - not John.

russ99
12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Danks is under the Sox control for 4 more years. We have no guarantees he won't be moved in the back end of that deal - but the Sox are in control of that - not John.

I can't see how Kenny would trade Danks at this point, even if he passes on a long-term deal again. Kenny's made it a point to say that pitching is his focus this year.

But as we're currently over $100M, somebody's gonna be moved for Kenny to add the two hitters (Leadoff and DH/RF) and backup catcher we need.

I'd love to see the Sox in around $105-110M and keep everyone, but that's not what we're hearing... Jenks and Quentin are two biggest trade suspects right now.

jabrch
12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I can't see how Kenny would trade Danks at this point, even if he passes on a long-term deal again. Kenny's made it a point to say that pitching is his focus this year.

But as we're currently over $100M, somebody's gonna be moved for Kenny to add the two hitters (Leadoff and DH/RF) and backup catcher we need.

I'd love to see the Sox in around $105-110M and keep everyone, but that's not what we're hearing... Jenks and Quentin are two biggest trade suspects right now.

I can't see him traded this year either. It would take an amazing deal. The question was if it is worth buying a jersey, assuming that he'd be around long term. There is legitimate reason to believe KW would trade Danks later on in year 5 or 6 if his cost was getting high, and they could get good return on him either in young high end prospects or top tier veterans. KW is not afraid to trade anyone. We know that.

Metalthrasher442
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I can't see him traded this year either. It would take an amazing deal. The question was if it is worth buying a jersey, assuming that he'd be around long term. There is legitimate reason to believe KW would trade Danks later on in year 5 or 6 if his cost was getting high, and they could get good return on him either in young high end prospects or top tier veterans. KW is not afraid to trade anyone. We know that.

So you're saying you think he'll be here for five more years??

DumpJerry
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
He was tendered a contract.

johnny_mostil
12-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Jenks and Quentin are two biggest trade suspects right now.

Unless somebody can be found to take Linebrink's contract...

Daver
12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Unless somebody can be found to take Linebrink's contract...

Well there is that whole full no trade clause thing that Linebrink has, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Metalthrasher442
12-13-2009, 09:42 PM
He was tendered a contract.

When??

cws05champ
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
When??

Yesterday...he Arbitration eligible, so they still have to agree on the final numbers or go to arbitration hearing(which probably won't happen). I really hope they lock him up for 3-4 years.

Metalthrasher442
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Yesterday...he Arbitration eligible, so they still have to agree on the final numbers or go to arbitration hearing(which probably won't happen). I really hope they lock him up for 3-4 years.

I was not aware. I hope it's a 4 year contract like Floyds. Probably a little more pricey though

jabrch
12-14-2009, 01:27 AM
So you're saying you think he'll be here for five more years??

No...I'm guessing 3-4.

oeo
12-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I think Danks will be the last one to go in the current rotation. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to buy his jersey.

Metalthrasher442
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I think Danks will be the last one to go in the current rotation. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to buy his jersey.

Well it's done! Unfortunately it comes after Christmas. Sick road jersey though!

tsoxman
12-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey what's his contract status and do we all think for sure he will be resigned? I wonder this because I am interested in a Danks jersey and MLB is having that 20% off coupon until tomorrow. Thanks for all your help!
If you are really interested in buying a jersey with a name on it and longevity is important, buy an Alex Rios jersey. He may be on the roster longer than Beckham.

Boondock Saint
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
If you are really interested in buying a jersey with a name on it and longevity is important, buy an Alex Rios jersey. He may be on the roster longer than Beckham.

:bong:

JermaineDye05
12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
John Danks is an ace in the making. If he can put it all together in the coming years, this rotation gets so much better.

tsoxman
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
:bong:
We are stuck with Alex Rios and his outrageous salary for at least 5 more years with a $1 million buyout in 2015. Beckham becomes a free agent after the 2015 season when he will have six full seasons of service. However, if he become difficult to sign, he could be traded before then.

Now Genius, explain your point of view.

JermaineDye05
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
We are stuck with Alex Rios and his outrageous salary for at least 5 more years with a $1 million buyout in 2015. Beckham becomes a free agent after the 2015 season when he will have six full seasons of service. However, if he become difficult to sign, he could be traded before then.

You say "stuck" like it's a bad thing. I am one of few who believe that Rios will bounce back next year and play more to his career average, possibly better now that he's in US Cellular.

Boondock Saint
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM

1) Your condescension is insulting and irritating.

2) Beckham is under team control until 2015. If he performs like he has been, there's zero chance that we just let him walk. He's going to be with us for a long time, barring injury.

Metalthrasher442
12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Alright fellas I just wanted to know your opinions on buying a Danks jersey. Beckham was always a possibility, but you can't help to think that his jersey is going to become ridiculously popular. Gotta be different haha.

DumpJerry
12-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Beckham was always a possibility, but you can't help to think that his jersey is going to become ridiculously popular. Gotta be different haha.
:scratch:Get to Comiskey much last season?

Metalthrasher442
12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
:scratch:Get to Comiskey much last season?

Haha yeah I don't know why you're scratching your head. Yeah the cell was packed with them but that was only his first season. Wait till he proves consistency man.