PDA

View Full Version : Sox have interest in Xavier Nady.

Rockabilly
12-12-2009, 11:47 AM
According to Ben Maller who was doing a interview on XM radio. I think this will be a nice pick up

esbrechtel
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
no doubt....

NLaloosh
12-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Doubt very much that would happen - he's right handed, makes too much money and isn't borass his agent?

The only thing that seems feasible is that he can play RF.

chunk
12-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Had some terrible injury issues last year, but was pretty solid prior to that.

Craig Grebeck
12-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Eh. Pass.

Rockabilly
12-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm hoping somehow the Sox can make a trade for BJ Upton.

DirtySox
12-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Meh. Maybe as a fallback option.

DonnieDarko
12-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping somehow the Sox can make a trade for BJ Upton.

I hope so too.

Doesn't mean that I see it happening, though...

Craig Grebeck
12-12-2009, 12:04 PM
He's not a very good fielder and his bat is pretty pedestrian. I just don't see the point.

soxinem1
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
The only problem is that we have no lead off man if we get Nady.

If they sign Nady, Matsui or another LH power bat is out of the question.

Rockabilly
12-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Our lineup needs a lot of speed thats why I hope the Sox can get Upton and Pierre, than make Q the DH.

veeter
12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
He's not a very good fielder and his bat is pretty pedestrian. I just don't see the point.I agree. When he first came up with San Diego, I thought he would be a monster. It just hasn't happened. I don't think he fits here.

LoveYourSuit
12-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree. When he first came up with San Diego, I thought he would be a monster. It just hasn't happened. I don't think he fits here.

I have to look it up but I think Nady was a Met before a Pirate.

SoxNation05
12-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I have to look it up but I think Nady was a Met before a Pirate.

He came up as a Padre.

Zisk77
12-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Our lineup needs a lot of speed thats why I hope the Sox can get Upton and Pierre, than make Q the DH.
Why? We already have:

Alexei
Teahen
Beckham
Rios
Nix
Who all can run. Speed is nice but its not something we need. we need a leadoff hitter, LF?/RF, and DH. Thats 2 positions and one role. If they can run great. If not no big worries.

I like Matsui for DH part time OF.
Getting 2 good OF and DH TCQ I like better but seems like a pipe dream with the $ situation.

Leadoff appears to be: pods, Pierre, Crisp, Gardiner

Not really enamored with any of that. Pods or Crisp for one year might have to do it.

Pierre if the Dodgers take Linebrink and some salary might be good except watching him throw is brutal.

Gardiner only if we are giving up some low prospects...insanity to trade Jenks for him.

Pablo_Honey
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Getting 2 good OF and DH TCQ I like better but seems like a pipe dream with the $ situation.
...which is why it makes sense to go after a cheap OF who can leadoff and fill the other OF spot and DH with power hitters. If we had resources like the Yankees, we could simply fill all three positions with power hitters but we aren't the Yankees now, are we? I'm not saying a leadoff hitter is a MUST for the Sox. I'm just sayin' getting one seems to fit our budget better as opposed to going after an expensive power hitter.

oeo
12-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Our lineup needs some thump, not speed.

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I think I'd rather have Matsui than Nady. But as long as the Sox add something to help this offense out I guess I won't complain.

Lillian
12-13-2009, 06:00 AM
It's hard to imagine the Sox spending any money on another offensive player unless he fills one of two glaring holes; a leadoff hitter or a power left handed bat. Nady is neither so that doesn't seem like a good fit.

Viva Medias B's
12-13-2009, 07:57 AM
The only time I can recall seeing Xavier Nady was when he was playing for California in college. Cal was in Tucson to play Arizona in a game at Hi Corbett Field (the UA campus was occupied by NCAA Tournament games at McKale rendering Frank Sancet Field unavailable). In a night in which then coach Jerry Stitt's Wildcats were getting completely torched, Nady hit a bomb that cleared the high scoreboard in left field. Granted, he was using the collegiate metal bat, but Nady's blast was impressive.