PDA

View Full Version : KW possibly interested in Neal Cotts?

Danielgosox38
12-11-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/white-sox-receive-ample-evidence-from-jj-putzs-rehabilitation.html

Boondock Saint
12-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Not likely. He turned really bad, really quickly.

areilly
12-11-2009, 11:26 PM
The only way I want that man's name uttered near the words "Sox" and "Bullpen" is if it's followed by "bartender."

tm1119
12-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Is he a worse 2nd lefty than Williams? If KW/Ozzie/Coop dont feel comfortable with Williams then we will have to get a 2nd lefty somewhere, and I assure you that that person will be dirt cheap. Cotts pitched well under Coop before, maybe he could become decent again. We would only need him for at the most 2 batters a game.

thomas35forever
12-11-2009, 11:40 PM
No thanks. He was bad in '06 and has only gotten worse with the Cubs. Thanks for '05 Neal, but if Kenny is putting that team back together, that ship needs to sail without you.

slavko
12-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Is he a worse 2nd lefty than Williams? If KW/Ozzie/Coop dont feel comfortable with Williams then we will have to get a 2nd lefty somewhere, and I assure you that that person will be dirt cheap. Cotts pitched well under Coop before, maybe he could become decent again. We would only need him for at the most 2 batters a game.

If Coop had a magic potion for Cotts he would have used it in 2006. And yet.......relievers, esp lefties, are not governed by any natural law. Maybe.

Lundind1
12-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I know Cotts personally, and let me tell you, he is just about done with baseball at this point. He would be the first to admit that it was a lighting in a bottle type year for him in 2005. He would be in great shape if he could stay there career wise. Self admittedly, he knows he needs to work harder to get back to that level.

Will he be back here= Doubtful.

LoveYourSuit
12-12-2009, 02:31 AM
I know Cotts personally, and let me tell you, he is just about done with baseball at this point. He would be the first to admit that it was a lighting in a bottle type year for him in 2005. He would be in great shape if he could stay there career wise. Self admittedly, he knows he needs to work harder to get back to that level.

:?: I sure hope that's not what his thinking is. Talk about a guy who has ZERO self confidence if that's the case. Yikes, stay away if that's the case.

waldo_the_wolf
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
In my heart I would love to see Neal come back and rejuvenate his career. But my brain says aint gonna happen.

#1swisher
12-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Needs to work harder, please explain.

Lip Man 1
12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I think the issue with Cotts is more mental than physical. I still remember reading a postgame recap story in 2006 where the reporter wrote that Cotts was crying in the locker room after being booed off the field.

You can't have a long memory when you play professional sports, and it looks like he may.

Lip

white sox bill
12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
A friend of mine met him at a downtown pub one night. He said he spoke briefly to him, Neil seemed quite and sensitive. But he also seemed very nice.

But I'll pass on him. Afraid its too late to resurrect his career

twentywontowin
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I think the issue with Cotts is more mental than physical. I still remember reading a postgame recap story in 2006 where the reporter wrote that Cotts was crying in the locker room after being booed off the field.

You can't have a long memory when you play professional sports, and it looks like he may.

Lip

The day I cry because I had a bad day at the office is the day I find a new career.

Rdy2PlayBall
12-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Eww no. The Cubs have rubbed their suckieness off on him. :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
12-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Eww no. The Cubs have rubbed their suckieness off on him. :tongue:

He sucked in 2006 before he went to the Cubs.

soxinem1
12-12-2009, 02:51 PM
We'll always be greatful for 2005, but facts are facts. He stunk before and after that one season.

And if what was hashed out here is true, a reliever without a certain degree of cockiness and ice in his veins is useless.

Maybe he can go to the Natinals. Even if he sucks, how much damage can a game 'crowd' of 348 booing fans do??

WhiteSoxOnly
12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Nothing to lose with a invite to try and make the team out of camp,if
that does become an option.Tell him he has a shot as the 2nd lefty and
go from there.If he beats out Williams and/or whoever else is there so
be it.If he falls on his face nothing lost.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Nothing to lose with a invite to try and make the team out of camp,if
that does become an option.Tell him he has a shot as the 2nd lefty and
go from there.If he beats out Williams and/or whoever else is there so
be it.If he falls on his face nothing lost.

My sentiments exactly. Offer him a split minor/major league deal, if he doesn't cut it (likely) then you release him if he won't accept a minor league assignment.