PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada

hoosiersoxfan
12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I just saw that the Astros signed Pedro Feliz and it looks like the end for Tejada in Houston. I know Kenny has been interested in Miguel before back when he was with Baltimore. Any chance he brings him in to play SS and Alexie makes the move to the outfield? Wouldn't be a bad option but I don't know what Tejada is looking for in a new contract. I would suspect him to be going after a large amount of money considering he batted .313 with 86 RBIs last season.

guillen4life13
12-10-2009, 01:53 PM
NO! I'd be pretty ticked off if the Sox acquired him. He will be 36 this coming season and would probably bring some headaches with him.

Jim Shorts
12-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I just saw that the Astros signed Pedro Feliz and it looks like the end for Tejada in Houston. I know Kenny has been interested in Miguel before back when he was with Baltimore. Any chance he brings him in to play SS and Alexie makes the move to the outfield? Wouldn't be a bad option but I don't know what Tejada is looking for in a new contract. I would suspect him to be going after a large amount of money considering he batted .313 with 86 RBIs last season.

Alexei will be traded before he's moved back to the outfield. Ozzie has been crystal clear on this

spawn
12-10-2009, 02:11 PM
It really boggles the mind that, no matter how bad a fit that player would be for the Sox, that every time a player becomes available, someone tries to make that player a fit on the Sox.

tm1119
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to acquiring Tejada as hes still a productive player, but your scenario is way off. If Tejada were to come here he would def play 3b with Teahen moving to RF. That is more of a last chance scenario though if KW cant acquire a good OF.

Madvora
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
It really boggles the mind that, no matter how bad a fit that player would be for the Sox, that every time a player becomes available, someone tries to make that player a fit on the Sox.
That is true, but the original poster did reference the fact that KW was wanted him in the past and we've see KW pick up plenty of guys that he's wanted in the past. Peavy, Griffey, Vizquel and Jones are just a few.

Domeshot17
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Tejada is far too young and productive to be picked up by Kenny. This forum post is 3 years too early. In 3 years we will have to worry about Tejada at SS when Ozzie starts saying "This kid is still a player. I find a way to get him enough at bats"

spawn
12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
That is true, but the original poster did reference the fact that KW was wanted him in the past and we've see KW pick up plenty of guys that he's wanted in the past. Peavy, Griffey, Vizquel and Jones are just a few.
Yeah, but this one would make absolutely no sense. The poster is wanting Tejada here as an everyday SS, moving Ramirez to the outfield to make room. As has been mentioned in this thread, the Sox have no plans on moving Alexei to the outfield from SS. If they were that unhappy with him there, they would've moved Beckham to short and Alexei back to second when they traded for Teahen.

soxinem1
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but this one would make absolutely no sense. The poster is wanting Tejada here as an everyday SS, moving Ramirez to the outfield to make room. As has been mentioned in this thread, the Sox have no plans on moving Alexei to the outfield from SS. If they were that unhappy with him there, they would've moved Beckham to short and Alexei back to second when they traded for Teahen.

Which they should have done anyway....

Nellie_Fox
12-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Which they should have done anyway....Why does everyone think Beckham should be at short? Just because someone plays it in college doesn't necessarily mean he can play it in MLB. From what I've heard, he was never projected to be a major-league shortstop.

DirtySox
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Why does everyone think Beckham should be at short? Just because someone plays it in college doesn't necessarily mean he can play it in MLB. From what I've heard, he was never projected to be a major-league shortstop.

You speak the truth. Most scouts saw Beckham as a 2B in the big leagues. People just get so caught up in Alexei's mental lapses that they ignore the fact that he's a much better fit at SS than Gordo.

sox1970
12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Why does everyone think Beckham should be at short? Just because someone plays it in college doesn't necessarily mean he can play it in MLB. From what I've heard, he was never projected to be a major-league shortstop.

Agreed. If Beckham was better than Alexei at SS, then he would be playing there. He not. Alexei's problems were almost all mental, and he made some plays with his arm and range last year that Beckham isn't capable of making.

And Beckham isn't going to end up as the leadoff hitter, either. That was dumb for Ozzie to answer that question because he knows that's not going to happen.

Pablo_Honey
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Didn't Gordon say in an interview, after KW said he'd play second, that he was not happy with the decision or something? I think I remember reading that he was not too thrilled about playing another new position instead of getting a shot to play at short. It seems he's passionate enough to improve at short. I mean he improved at third, why not at short? Hanley Ramirez was considered a butcher at short but now he's improved to be adequate at that position.

If Beckham never said anything like that, completely disregard my post.

DirtySox
12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
The quote you are thinking of was along the lines of "I just can't seem to find the position I've played all my life," but he didn't seem all that upset about it. He said he appreciated Kenny calling and asking his permission. I'm sure he wasn't 100% thrilled to move again, but it's in his and the team's best interest to play 2nd.

Edit: Here's the article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091106&content_id=7633566&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws).

russ99
12-10-2009, 06:54 PM
NO! I'd be pretty ticked off if the Sox acquired him. He will be 36 this coming season and would probably bring some headaches with him.

Tejada played great the last few years. He's no longer the power threat as in previous years, but he can hit, play well on D and surprisingly he's a great clubhouse guy too, despite previous steroids/media/legal troubles.

The rub would be his contract, and where he'd play. I can't see him taking less than $6-7M and his natural position is SS, and he balked on playing 3B for the Astros last year.