PDA

View Full Version : I may burn my Red Sox hat...

Fenway
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
No No No .....

First of all he wouldn't last ten games at Fenway

Boston Globe
Bradley one (explosive) possibility - http://is.gd/5hj5r

Craig Grebeck
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
You would burn your hat? I tend to agree with KW on Bradley, he's gotten a bad rap and doesn't deserve such ridiculous criticism.

DirtySox
12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Yea. I agree the Bradley hate has gotten out of hand. I think he could thrive in a smaller market (IE not Boston), and whoever acquires him could be getting a steal production-wise while dumping a bad contract.

Noneck
12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Would be a nice fit for the fans.

cards press box
12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Yea. I agree the Bradley hate has gotten out of hand. I think he could thrive in a smaller market (IE not Boston), and whoever acquires him could be getting a steal production-wise while dumping a bad contract.

Yeah, if Bradley had a contentious relationship with the Chicago media, I can only imagine how bad things would be with the Boaton media.

As to his production on the field, didn't Bradley struggle from the left side of the plate in 2009? If so, that would concern me, as switch hitters generally face more righties than lefties.

Tragg
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, if Bradley had a contentious relationship with the Chicago media, I can only imagine how bad things would be with the Boaton media.

I thought he made some good points about the media...the constant harping on the 100+ years without a championship as if it's the current players' fault. On the other hand, the Cubs organization wallows in that mire of "lovable losers" and rings the cash register so that's where it really should be directed. Still, it's a bunch of nonsense and I concur with Bradley on that.
I wouldn't be opposed to him coming here precisely because if he did come here, Guillen would be okay with it; and Guillen doesn't put up with "personality" issues, shall we say.

tm1119
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree that Bradley is not as bad as hes made out to be. Hes pretty much become the T.O. of baseball, but on a lesser scale. No matter what he says/does its going to get misconstrued into something else.

Oh, and apparently theres no chance of this happening so you get to keep your hat.

soxinem1
12-09-2009, 08:51 PM

You would burn your hat? I tend to agree with KW on Bradley, he's gotten a bad rap and doesn't deserve such ridiculous criticism.

I agree that Bradley is not as bad as hes made out to be. Hes pretty much become the T.O. of baseball, but on a lesser scale. No matter what he says/does its going to get misconstrued into something else.

Oh, and apparently theres no chance of this happening so you get to keep your hat.

http://rlv.zcache.com/youve_got_to_be_kidding_me_tshirt-p235436233268368020trlf_400.jpg

Pablo_Honey
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM

His negative reputation is his own doing. So, an announcer once said he had no control and he didn't turn his life around like Josh Hamilton. What did Bradley do after hearing this? He stormed up to the booth the announcer was in so he could confront the guy. After that, he told the public that he gets too much neg rep from the media and he was all in tears as he said this. Okay, if he stopped doing the thing that gets him the bad rep, it makes sense to complain about that, but the fact is Bradley displayed the exact kind of behaviour the announcer was pointing out in that incident. And he wonders why the media doesn't leave him alone. Still, I guess the whole thing with the Cubs has been exagerrated to a certain extent. Although I think fans wouldn't be so hard on him if the guy could flat out mash whilst staying healthy with a cheap contract.

By the way, why would Boston want Bradley anyways? The only place he would play would be LF where they are very likely to sign either Bay or Holiday to play.

soxinem1
12-09-2009, 09:01 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:BevKYWE8RkXp8M:http://photo.gangus.com/d/26764-2/zing.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://photo.gangus.com/d/26764-2/zing.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blogs.myspace.com/codyisfun&usg=__qZ_xXyMsEQvpFzO4mawXkd-7tyc=&h=416&w=368&sz=38&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=BevKYWE8RkXp8M:&tbnh=125&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dzing%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4TSHB_en___U S335%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

veeter
12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't want any team to let Hendry off the hook. I want him to be forced to release and pay him, or better yet keep him and pay him.

kobo
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't want any team to let Hendry off the hook. I want him to be forced to release and pay him, or better yet keep him and pay him.
That's the same way I feel.

doublem23
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
If he can sneak back into the American League where he can just hit and stay relatively healthy, he should be able to produce above average at the plate, he'll fit in just fine, especially considering the Cubs are going to basically have to pay someone to take him off their hands.

If he winds up on another NL team, it will be 2009 redux for him.

tm1119
12-09-2009, 09:53 PM
His negative reputation is his own doing. So, an announcer once said he had no control and he didn't turn his life around like Josh Hamilton. What did Bradley do after hearing this? He stormed up to the booth the announcer was in so he could confront the guy. After that, he told the public that he gets too much neg rep from the media and he was all in tears as he said this. Okay, if he stopped doing the thing that gets him the bad rep, it makes sense to complain about that, but the fact is Bradley displayed the exact kind of behaviour the announcer was pointing out in that incident. And he wonders why the media doesn't leave him alone. Still, I guess the whole thing with the Cubs has been exagerrated to a certain extent. Although I think fans wouldn't be so hard on him if the guy could flat out mash whilst staying healthy with a cheap contract.

By the way, why would Boston want Bradley anyways? The only place he would play would be LF where they are very likely to sign either Bay or Holiday to play.

Oh Im not saying he didnt bring a lot of it upon himself, just that at this point it doesnt matter what he does, its going to be perceived as negative. I feel like the media even tries to bait him in to doing stupid things too. Im not claiming Bradley is a great guy or anything, just that hes not a criminal or anything either. I wouldnt be opposed to him being on the Sox if $ wasnt a factor.

DumpJerry
12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Yup. They deserve each other.

By the way, with all due respect to Kenny, Bradley is a total dumbass.

RedPinStripes
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I can't believe half of these posts. Bradly is as crazy as Ron Artest. That's very well known.

thomas35forever
12-09-2009, 11:22 PM
While I agree that Bradley was nowhere close to any level of sanity, I don't think he's so bad people should stop following their team if he signs with them. People like Bonds, Clemens, etc. I would take issue with though.

LongLiveFisk
12-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Bradley or no Bradley, I'm guessing there are a few WSI'ers who would gladly lend you a match, Fenway. :tongue:

DSpivack
12-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Yup. They deserve each other.

By the way, with all due respect to Kenny, Bradley is a total dumbass.

I think KW's comments were spot on. Some stuff he's done to himself, some has been brought upon him.

soxinem1
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I think KW's comments were spot on. Some stuff he's done to himself, some has been brought upon him.

Other than the Umpire incident in SD (in which he was not innocent by any means), what else did any one do to hurt poor Milton's feelings and force him to act like a total dumbas----, eh, bad boy?:?: