PDA

View Full Version : everybodys talking weaver but

oldcomiskey
06-11-2002, 06:00 PM
what about this
we trade Durham, Lee, Rauch, Parque, Clayton, Rowand and Malone to Montreal for Vlad, Vidro and either of their 2 good pitchers--Vasquez or Pavano

Daver
06-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
what about this
we trade Durham, Lee, Rauch, Parque, Clayton, Rowand and Malone to Montreal for Vlad, Vidro and either of their 2 good pitchers--Vasquez or Pavano

I doubt the league would allow it.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:02 PM
what about this
we trade Durham, Lee, Rauch, Parque, Clayton, Rowand and Malone to Montreal for Vlad, Vidro and either of their 2 good pitchers--Vasquez or Pavano i like some of the mont pitcher that i was looking up to reply to JM........ but you beat me to the punch........ :)

Randar68
06-11-2002, 06:06 PM
what about this

Even if it weren't a Cub-like trade, I wouldn't touch Pavano...

Armas Jr. and Vasquez are the only 2 worth getting...

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Even if it weren't a Cub-like trade, I wouldn't touch Pavano...

Armas Jr. and Vasquez are the only 2 worth getting... i like vasquez

ma-gaga
06-11-2002, 06:10 PM

Just hand the Expos a blank piece of paper and say, "Don't worry about it, we'll fill in the names later. Just sign it." Besides being completely unfeasable, it's a great idea FOR THE SOX.

:KW
"How do you spell his name? V-L-A-D-D-A-E-A-T-M-E?"

oldcomiskey
06-11-2002, 06:31 PM
how do you figure its infeasable? it makes as much sense as bringing weaver here

MarqSox
06-11-2002, 06:34 PM
what about this

That would mean the other owners adding payroll to a team they don't want to succeed. NEVER gonna happen. On top of that, Montreal has no logical motivation to build for the future, since there's a better than average chance that they won't even exist next year.

MarqSox
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
how do you figure its infeasable? it makes as much sense as bringing weaver here

Sure, it makes as much sense for US, but there are two teams in any transaction, and this makes no sense for Montreal, while unloading Weaver makes sense for Detroit.

Daver
06-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

That would mean the other owners adding payroll to a team they don't want to succeed. NEVER gonna happen. On top of that, Montreal has no logical motivation to build for the future, since there's a better than average chance that they won't even exist next year.

They'll exist next year,the question will be if it is in Montreal or somewhere else.

MarqSox
06-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by daver

They'll exist next year,the question will be if it is in Montreal or somewhere else.

More than likely yes, but even so, building for the future isn't what MLB is looking for here. Regardless, the owners won't allow payroll to be added.

hold2dibber
06-11-2002, 06:41 PM

It's not feasible because there is no way in all hell the Expos would do it. Hell, they wouldn't trade Guerrero alone for all of the Sox guys you mention. Why would they want minor leaguers when they don't know if they'll even exist next year? The only way the Expos are going to make any trades are if (1) they think it can improve them THIS year; and (2) the trades don't cause them to take on payroll. Your suggested trade would make them worse this year and would cause them to take on payroll. It's a nice fantasy, but it is not even close to feasible.

If you wanted to get Guerrero, Vidro and one of their stud pitchers, you'd have to give them something like Buehrle, Konerko, Lee, Harris and Biddle. And, in all honesty, I still don't think they'd do it. It might take Buehrle and Ordonez.

Daver
06-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

More than likely yes, but even so, building for the future isn't what MLB is looking for here. Regardless, the owners won't allow payroll to be added.

I already pointed out the league would never allow it.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:50 PM

I already pointed out the league would never allow it. isn't there a freeze or something.......

i need some help here........ the sox had a player, a minor leaguer who played for KC in spring training........ several yrs ago......... before i left over sea. this guy hit a booming hr that broke a car windshield............. i thought his name was jose vidro...... are there 2 player like that name.

RedPinStripes
06-11-2002, 07:33 PM

:tool
I'll never let this trade happen.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Vlad would be nice here. put him in right field, Maggs in left and you have a very competitive outfield. Plus you have him in the lineup with maggs, hurt, and konerko you are gonna turn some heads.

however, i dont see it happening when KW runs the team.

:KW
"Vladimir? Wilton? There cant be that much of a difference."