PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Offered Smoak & Feliz for Josh Johnson

DirtySox
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/12/marlins_not_dealing_josh_johns.html

Which the Marlins declined. That is a heck of an offer and a ballsy move by Texas. If that doesn't keep talks open, Johnson likely isn't going to be moved this offseason.

gr8mexico
12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/12/marlins_not_dealing_josh_johns.html

Which the Marlins declined. That is a heck of an offer and a ballsy move by Texas. If that doesn't keep talks open, Johnson likely isn't going to be moved this offseason.
Can the Sox get that for Mark Buehrle?

Rockabilly
12-08-2009, 07:31 PM
would do that trade in a heart beat

SoxNation05
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
If true, what are the Marlins thinking? I doubt it's true though.

Pablo_Honey
12-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, Marlins' GM would be an idiot to turn down an offer like this, but like others said this probably is just a made-up rumor. There's no way Texas' departing with either one of them, especially Neftali Feliz.

slavko
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Where there's Smoak, there's Felix.

(I don't know who they are.)

DirtySox
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Where there's Smoak, there's Felix.

(I don't know who they are.)

Probably the best 1B prospect in baseball, and one of the best pitching prospects in baseball. Both about MLB ready.

A few sources are shooting down this rumor though.

tm1119
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I think the Rangers would do this, IF they feel Feliz cant be a full time starting pitcher. Smoak looks very promising, but Feliz as a RP only drops his value a lot. Plus Josh Johnson is a bonafide ace already at only age 25. Just remember what the Red Sox had to give up for Beckett not too long ago.

DirtySox
12-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm in love with Smoak. I wanted him if Beckham was going to be snatched up by the Reds in the '08 draft. I think the Teixeira comps are spot on.

Pablo_Honey
12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
I love Smoak's plate discipline and ability to make contact but his lack of power is a bit baffling. He's got an amazing swing that should generate power but so far not so good in that department (Hit only 10 homeruns in 100 games) Personally I liked Beckham pick since he is an IF not limited to 1B and DH.

Feliz was ridiculously good out of the pen this year. If he doesn't cut it as a starter, he could pull off a Papelbon. In fact, I think he's more set out to be a closer than a starter anyways (IIRC, he was always plus fastball, no second pitch type of a prospect) He's still pretty young so Texas won't trade him so rashily.