PDA

View Full Version : Reported By Bruce Levine on Mac, Jurko, & Harry at 4:16 Someon Has Gone Somewhere...

kevingrt
06-11-2002, 04:19 PM
As reported by Bruce Levine, JM has demoted Foulke from closer to bullpen. He has not yet told who the closer would be in case of a oppurtunity, if it ever comes.

My thoughts, GREAT!!!! You don't perform you don't deserve!!

Good Job JM!!!

Now get KW to demote Lee and bring up Crede

Tragg
06-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
As reported by Bruce Levine, JM has demoted Foulke from closer to bullpen. He has not yet told who the closer would be in case of a oppurtunity, if it ever comes.

My thoughts, GREAT!!!! You don't perform you don't deserve!!

Good Job JM!!!

Now get KW to demote Lee and bring up Crede

Or how about Kenny demoting Jerry and Jerry demoting Kenny.

Kilroy
06-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
As reported by Bruce Levine, JM has demoted Foulke from closer to bullpen.

I know they used the word demote, but I think that JM is changing things around to get Foulke more regular work. I think once you see Foulke find his rhythm again, he'll be back as the every day closer. But the team has been going so bad, his chances have been few and far between.

rmusacch
06-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I know they used the word demote, but I think that JM is changing things around to get Foulke more regular work. I think once you see Foulke find his rhythm again, he'll be back as the every day closer. But the team has been going so bad, his chances have been few and far between.

And we all know that JM cannot be believed for his word.

Iwritecode
06-11-2002, 11:42 PM

My thoughts exactly. When the team only wins once a week it's kinda hard to bring the closer in for regular work.

DonkeyKongerko
06-12-2002, 12:23 AM
i always like hard throwing closers better... i mean the changeup is great but i think the 9th inning is a time for power pitching. keith was always a great setup guy too and he would usually be so different than other pitchers. i think howry is a choice for closer like before. he has shown me something this year and his fastball is usually better than foulke's. also if foulke isn't feelin' his changeup, he cant close games with just his fastball. thats just my thought. bob howry for closer

Nellie_Fox
06-12-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
i always like hard throwing closers betterSeems I've had this discussion before....lol. Check out the HOFers, and you'll not find a lot of hard throwers among them. Fingers, Eckersly (Eck's not in the hall, but...)? Sinker/slider guys with great control. Suter (not in either, it seems to be hard for relievers to get in)? The split finger. Wilhelm? A knuckle ball that couldn't break glass.

Name me a flamethrower who deserves HOF recognition. Gossage, maybe. After that? The cup is pretty empty.

Kilroy
06-12-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
i always like hard throwing closers better...

I like the closers who gets me 3 outs in the 9th. He can kick the ball to the plate for all I care. As long as 3 guys bat and 3 guys make outs...

DrWatson27
06-12-2002, 08:19 AM

I like the closers who gets me 3 outs in the 9th. He can kick the ball to the plate for all I care. As long as 3 guys bat and 3 guys make outs...

About the best damn thing I've read all day!!!