PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan Question? Fees or taxes?

lizard6king6
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Stupid question, but I was looking into getting an Ozzie Plan. The total came to $774 through the initial ticketmaster ticket selection with the games I selected. Will this be my total or do they add a bunch more convenience fees or tax or shipping charges to that total? Just wanted to know if that was my flat fee for the 13 games or if they were going to charge me a but load more? Thanks

DumpJerry
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Call 312-674-1000. This will avoid confusion as 3,500 WSIers give you 3,500 different opinions stated as fact.

tebman
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Call 312-674-1000. This will avoid confusion as 3,500 WSIers give you 3,500 different opinions stated as fact.

:thumbsup:

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM
$35 in ticketbastard fees.

russ99
12-08-2009, 10:29 AM

I'd strongly suggest buying an Ozzie Plan through your Sox ticket rep, since the Ticketmaster "best available seat" logic is sketchy at best.

In 2005 I got the same seats for almost the entire plan, which was nice. Not sure if that's available anymore...

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Call 312-674-1000. This will avoid confusion as 3,500 WSIers give you 3,500 different opinions stated as fact.or you can do what i did, and go through the order process till you reach the fees page....

Sad
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd strongly suggest buying an Ozzie Plan through your Sox ticket rep, since the Ticketmaster "best available seat" logic is sketchy at best.

In 2005 I got the same seats for almost the entire plan, which was nice. Not sure if that's available anymore...

no kidding...
I checked for a couple week-DAY games and it showed Sec 155 as "Best Available"

:rolleyes:

I don't think so...

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
another reason to use your rep is that the fee is only $5. my rep also invoiced me, so i didnt have to pay at once.

southside rocks
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM

You can buy an Ozzie Plan through a ticket rep? How does that work?

My ticket rep called me to see if I was going to renew my OP, and when I said that I was, he told me that I'd get the e-mail with the link that renewing OP buyers get three days before the plan is on sale to the general public. That's always been the way I've done it, no rep has ever given me any other option. ????

I have seats in the same section for 12 of the 13 games this year, and I used the 'best available' option and specified 'lower box.' Worked out well. Hasn't always, in years past, though.

And my 'convenience fee' from Ticketmaster was $19.50.

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
You can buy an Ozzie Plan through a ticket rep? How does that work?

My ticket rep called me to see if I was going to renew my OP, and when I said that I was, he told me that I'd get the e-mail with the link that renewing OP buyers get three days before the plan is on sale to the general public. That's always been the way I've done it, no rep has ever given me any other option. ????

I have seats in the same section for 12 of the 13 games this year, and I used the 'best available' option and specified 'lower box.' Worked out well. Hasn't always, in years past, though.

And my 'convenience fee' from Ticketmaster was $19.50.i'm an existing STH. my rep puts in the dates for me in thier system....

southside rocks
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
i'm an existing STH. my rep puts in the dates for me in thier system....

Wait, you have the Ozzie Plan, or a larger ticket plan?

I think we OP holders are the red-headed stepchildren of the ticket plans. If you have an OP I'll reconsider my view.

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Wait, you have the Ozzie Plan, or a larger ticket plan?

I think we OP holders are the red-headed stepchildren of the ticket plans. If you have an OP I'll reconsider my view.i have a weekend plan and added an ozzie plan to round out a few more games i wanted to go to....

southside rocks
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
i have a weekend plan and added an ozzie plan to round out a few more games i wanted to go to....

Then you're a cut above the rest of us OP holders. :wink:

I have a good friend who's worked in the box office forever, and I asked him if I could get my OP through a rep; he said no, not unless I have another plan -- the way you do it.

C-Dawg
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I have a good friend who's worked in the box office forever, and I asked him if I could get my OP through a rep; he said no, not unless I have another plan -- the way you do it.

I used to buy the Ozzie Plan, until 2007 that is when they made most weekend games upper-deck only. But since then, I get a couple calls a year from reps trying to get me to re-up with the OP. I'm not sure if they could actually set up the plan in person or not though.

Now I just buy them online on a game-by-game basis and get a better selection of seats, or so it seems like.

southside rocks
12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I used to buy the Ozzie Plan, until 2007 that is when they made most weekend games upper-deck only. But since then, I get a couple calls a year from reps trying to get me to re-up with the OP. I'm not sure if they could actually set up the plan in person or not though.

Now I just buy them online on a game-by-game basis and get a better selection of seats, or so it seems like.

I had the same experience in 2007, I ended up with UD seats for quite a few games, and I hated it. But since then, I've had only lower deck; last year I was mostly out in right field, by the concourse. For 2010, I'm in the lower boxes down the 3rd base line for 12 of the 13 games, and in another lower box for the 13th game, and I took only weekend games.

C-Dawg
12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
.... and I took only weekend games.

Glad to see its not just me! I get up much too early to go to a weeknight game more than once a season. Come to think of it, doing all 13 Ozzie Plan games on the weekends means I'm at the ballpark each weekend when the Sox are in town, pretty much all season long. I'd actually be fine with the old Minnie Plan or whatever the old 10-game plan was called. Between those 9 or 10 games and the handful of other spur-of-the-moment games I manage to see each year is just about right for me.