PDA

View Full Version : They want Corwin Malone for Weaver? Done.

SoxxoS
06-11-2002, 03:59 PM
If they want Corwin Malone and CLee for Weaver, I would do that faster than Marlon Brando getting his plate at a buffet. I am sick of these hyped up prospects with lack of control. Corwin has control issues, and he is going to take a lot of time to be a good pitcher. I was high on him at the end of last year, but this year he went back to his own ways. And we as Sox fans know the frustration with inconsistancy. Its horrible. Think of Danny Wright, but left handed. Its great to have a few of these guys b/c they have that dreaded word...potential. Personally, I am sick of the inconsistancy and that "p" word. Give me a young proven guy that you know what you are going to get 75% of the time. Weaver fits that mold. Even better, we would be able to put Glover back where he belongs, which is a huge addition by subtraction. Not to mention getting rid of CLEE. That would just make my week. Maybe my year :D:

CerberusWG
06-11-2002, 04:00 PM
I've been out since 10 A.M. Detroit wants Malone? I'd do it, but Dombrowski is a smart GM, he might see something we don't.

dougs78
06-11-2002, 04:02 PM
It will take more than that for Weaver. I know I read somewhere a while back that Dombrowski wants 3 pitching prospects for him....Preferably major league ready.

SoxxoS
06-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Sorry guys, I didnt clarify. Phil Rogers wrote that in order to trade CLee (who we want to get rid of) we would have to include a big time prospect like Malone, Rauch, Borchard or Crede. I would like to hang on to Rauch and Crede, and Borchard is untouchable in my eyes. But Malone is a big time prospect that I can definitly live without. Also, lets not forget we aren't getting Tom Glavine, we would be getting Jeff Weaver, who is a good to very good pitcher, but who as also been a victim of very high pitch counts this year. That is a big risk in itself.

kevingrt
06-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Where did you hear this?

CerberusWG
06-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Let's see....

Almonte is probably ready.
Ulacia could be shipped.
Loads of talent down at AA, also.
Malone is ready

I'd keep Honel, Ring, Phillips, Parrish, Rauch, Kane, Valentine, Stewart, Sanders, and Majewski.

Those pitchers there have a good chance to make it the South Side, IMO.