PDA

View Full Version : Boras clients...

NLaloosh
12-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Just for clarification some of Borass's clients are Johnny Damon, Hank Blaylock, Adrian Beltre, Jose Lopez and Mike Gonzalez.

Despite Andruw Jones's willingness to play for the Sox for 1/2 mil. doesn't present any change in the Sox/Borass disconnect.

I wouldn't expect the Sox to sign any client of his to any contract of significance.

Noir
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
:reinsy

All of baseball's problems are because of Donald Fehr and Scott Boras, maybe we should just not negotiate with him even if it helps our overall goal to win, hell I have 7 rings, who needs more?

guillensdisciple
12-06-2009, 12:52 AM
:reinsy

All of baseball's problems are because of Donald Fehr and Scott Boras, maybe we should just not negotiate with him even if it helps our overall goal to win, hell I have 7 rings, who needs more?

Yes, but there are 3 lonely fingers.

cards press box
12-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Just for clarification some of Borass's clients are Johnny Damon, Hank Blaylock, Adrian Beltre, Jose Lopez and Mike Gonzalez.

Despite Andruw Jones's willingness to play for the Sox for 1/2 mil. doesn't present any change in the Sox/Borass disconnect.

I wouldn't expect the Sox to sign any client of his to any contract of significance.

If the Sox are the best option for Johnny Damon and the Sox have interest, then the Sox brass would negotiate with Boras. That is essentially what happened with Andruw Jones. I don't why that couldn't happen with someone else.

What is more likely is that that group of Boras clients listed above is, for the most part, not a good fit with the Sox. In fact, the best fit of that group might well be Mike Gonzalez. Even with respect to Gonzalez, the Sox already have Matt Thornton and might only want a LOGGY and Gonzalez (who closed last year for Atlanta) would command a greater salary than a LOGGY.

Damon had a good year last year but there are speed options (like Crisp) and power options (like Matsui or Thome) that make more sense for the Sox.