PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie at Hawks game.

whitem0nkey
12-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Ozzie was at the Hawks game and was shown on the jumbotron, Cubs fans booed. So he showed off his World Series ring.

Viva Medias B's
12-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Ozzie was at the Hawks game and was shown on the jumbotron, Cubs fans booed. So he showed off his World Series ring.

Ozzie looked like he was having a good time showing the ring. I'm surprised he was not there to do the shoot out in the second intermission.

Woofer
12-04-2009, 11:56 PM

That was awesome. Plus he was wearing a Hawks sweater.

LongLiveFisk
12-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Jackasses. Of course, a lot of Sox fans would boo Lou Piniella too.

DaveFeelsRight
12-05-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm surprised he's actually still in Chicago around this time of the year haha.

oeo
12-05-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm surprised he's actually still in Chicago around this time of the year haha.

The Winter Meetings are in Indy on Monday.

Taliesinrk
12-05-2009, 11:24 AM
The Winter Meetings are in Indy on Monday.

Is it Monday? I thought it started Wednesday?? Speaking of, does anyone know: 1. The dates that they run through? 2. Where they're actually held/what hotel everyone will be at?

spawn
12-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Is it Monday? I thought it started Wednesday?? Speaking of, does anyone know: 1. The dates that they run through? 2. Where they're actually held/what hotel everyone will be at?
They run through Dec. 7th through 10th. I don't know the hotel they're being held at.

mzh
12-05-2009, 04:43 PM
He looked somewhat surprised the first time he was on, but the second time he was ready with the ring. As I said to my annoyed cubs fan friend, "when was the last time the cubs had one of them?" :D:

JNS
12-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I was out there - I would say there were a lot more cheers than boos. He did look as if he was having a good time. He was with Ozzie Jr. or one of his boys.

DumpJerry
12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Seek (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116812)and ye shall find.

wulfy
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM

Would Lou flash 'em his ring from the Reds?

OldRomanPizza
12-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I have been to two Bulls games that Ozzie has been shown on the screens. Both times booed loudly.

I thought it was only Sox fans who rooted against the other team? :tongue:

Whitesox029
12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I would. Then again, lots of Cubs fans would boo him as well. I actually didn't hear a whole lot of boos when he went up on the jumbotron, but then I firmly believe that there are more Hawks fans who are also Sox fans than Hawks fans who are also Cubs fans.

Foulke You
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
He looked somewhat surprised the first time he was on, but the second time he was ready with the ring.
AJ Pierzynski pulled the same "ring trick" on the booing Cubs fans at WWE Monday Night Raw in Chicago a few months ago.:D:

chisoxfanatic
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I would. Then again, lots of Cubs fans would boo him as well. I actually didn't hear a whole lot of boos when he went up on the jumbotron, but then I firmly believe that there are more Hawks fans who are also Sox fans than Hawks fans who are also Cubs fans.
That's because the Sox draw their fanbase mainly from Chicagoland, while tons of Cubs "fans" aren't even from here.

Yea, I was at Friday's game too, and it was cool seeing Ozzie on the jumbotron. They put him on twice, and they started playing the Go Go White Sox song. That was very cool to see! A bunch of us gave him a standing ovation. I've heard from several sources that Kaner and Ozzie's son are good friends.

Viva Medias B's
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I have been to two Bulls games that Ozzie has been shown on the screens. Both times booed loudly.

I thought it was only Sox fans who rooted against the other team? :tongue:

What does that tell you about Bulls fans?

Jerko
12-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Lou and Ozzie BOTH got booed during their respective video messages to the Hawks during the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Lou and Ozzie BOTH got booed during their respective video messages to the Hawks during the playoffs.
I thought Lou got booed much louder than Ozzie. Meanwhile, the cheers for Ozzie were louder than the boos.

Jerko
12-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I thought Lou got booed much louder than Ozzie. Meanwhile, the cheers for Ozzie were louder than the boos.

That was me saying "looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou"

LongLiveFisk
12-07-2009, 10:24 PM

That was me saying "looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou"

Yeah...it was all the Cubs fans "Lou-ing". :rolleyes::tongue:

OldRomanPizza
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
To chance the subject a bit...

anyone else think he just looked wasted?? :redneck

chisoxfanatic
12-08-2009, 11:25 PM
To chance the subject a bit...

anyone else think he just looked wasted?? :redneck
Nawww...He looked just happy to be there!

Now, the Golden Jet on the other hand whenever I've seen him...

Nellie_Fox
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Nawww...He looked just happy to be there!

Now, the Golden Jet on the other hand whenever I've seen him...Bobby has long been known to enjoy a beverage.