PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Hot Stove

DirtySox
12-02-2009, 12:47 PM
http://scottmerkin.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/12/more_from_ken_williams.html

Some interesting tidbits on Jenks, the Adrian Gonzalez rumors, Andruw Jones, and internal bullpen options.

dickallen15
12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I would doubt he's asking Peavy about Blanco. Ozzie knows Blanco about as well as anyone.

The Immigrant
12-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Did he really call Randy Williams a "young hurler"? The dude's 34 years old.

voodoochile
12-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I kind of expect Nunez to make the team. I think Hudson stays in AAA as a starter to continue growing. I don't know why they would dump Williams now. He was effective as a LOOGY last year.

CanBuehrleWait
12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Eh no Adrian then. Kenny's moves come out of nowhere. If its talked about it tends not to happen :whiner: What am I basing this on.. nothing but oh well. It still would be really really nice

MtGrnwdSoxFan
12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
CanBuehrleWait, Jake Peavy called, he wishes to debate that point.

Maybe there's a rule where the media is allowed to talk about a trade and KW will still make it happen if it's a certain team. Maybe SD is that team?

Noneck
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Did he really call Randy Williams a "young hurler"? The dude's 34 years old.

Yea if that comment was at the beginning of article I would have stopped reading there. Oh well, it was a short article.

NLaloosh
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I would doubt he's asking Peavy about Blanco. Ozzie knows Blanco about as well as anyone.

Kenny was probably asking about Willie McCovey. The Sox need a DH.

VeeckAsInWreck
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Kenny was probably asking about Willie McCovey. The Sox need a DH.

:rolleyes: Here we go again........

Kenny will wait for next Wednesday to strike again.

spawn
12-02-2009, 03:16 PM
:rolleyes: Here we go again........

I've realized the lame ass jokes aren't even worth responding to anymore. :shrug:

Carolina Kenny
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Kenny didn't want just De Aza.

He wanted The Aza.

The Aza for CF in 2010.

DonnieDarko
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Uh, maybe this is a dumb question, but...

What about Carlos Torres? I've heard little about him in the offseason, and I think that he could possibly work out of the bullpen, maybe even be an emergency 5th starter...that is, if he can cut down on the walks. >_>

dickallen15
12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Uh, maybe this is a dumb question, but...

What about Carlos Torres? I've heard little about him in the offseason, and I think that he could possibly work out of the bullpen, maybe even be an emergency 5th starter...that is, if he can cut down on the walks. >_>

He's a 27 year old filler piece. If you have to count on him for anything, you are going to be in a lot of trouble.

tm1119
12-02-2009, 04:52 PM
He's a 27 year old filler piece. If you have to count on him for anything, you are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Hes not a bad option to do what Carrasco did for us last year. That is, if Ozzie/Coop feel Carrasco is ready for a bigger role. Guys like Torres are always useful to eat up junk innings. I wouldnt put him in the game in any kind of meaningful innings though.

soxinem1
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Hes not a bad option to do what Carrasco did for us last year. That is, if Ozzie/Coop feel Carrasco is ready for a bigger role. Guys like Torres are always useful to eat up junk innings. I wouldnt put him in the game in any kind of meaningful innings though.

Carrasco offers nothing else in any other role. There is no need to move him, as he is not a closer, set up man, or starter.

tm1119
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Carrasco offers nothing else in any other role. There is no need to move him, as he is not a closer, set up man, or starter.

No hes not any of those, but he hardly pitched in any close games last year at all. He was a junk innings guy in blowout games, thats about it. My point is, if Ozzie/Coop feel Carassco could be a 7th inning guy and pitch in close games, then we will need that last guy in the pen for long relief and to eat up all the junk innings. Torres could be that guy. Carrasco pitched 93 innings last season. That is a lot. Even though they werent important innings in terms of wins and losses they were still important towards saving the rest of our pen.

CanBuehrleWait
12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
CanBuehrleWait, Jake Peavy called, he wishes to debate that point.

Maybe there's a rule where the media is allowed to talk about a trade and KW will still make it happen if it's a certain team. Maybe SD is that team?

When everybody knew about the trade and that it was rumored in May it did not happen. Did anybody really expect it to come back at the end of July like it did?
No hes not any of those, but he hardly pitched in any close games last year at all. He was a junk innings guy in blowout games, thats about it. My point is, if Ozzie/Coop feel Carassco could be a 7th inning guy and pitch in close games, then we will need that last guy in the pen for long relief and to eat up all the junk innings. Torres could be that guy. Carrasco pitched 93 innings last season. That is a lot. Even though they werent important innings in terms of wins and losses they were still important towards saving the rest of our pen.

Agreed here this is crucial. Have to preserve the rotations arms. Have to have that guy that can come in the game during the 5th or 6th and eat up 2 innings

BadBobbyJenks
12-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I kind of expect Nunez to make the team. I think Hudson stays in AAA as a starter to continue growing. I don't know why they would dump Williams now. He was effective as a LOOGY last year.

I really hope not, I think he could be one of the more useful arms out of our pen next year.

Jurr
12-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Duuude....

I have been on a serious leave of absence from all things Sox (work has been ridiculous lately). When I come back I see a TON of movement.

Teahen is a guy that I really like. I don't like seeing Getz gone, but oh well.
What are we doing at CF? RF?

I had a feeling that Jenks was toast (Thornton is READY). Where do we cobble together a bullpen?

Who has their ears to the ground? What's everybody's take on it?