PDA

View Full Version : First Names Announced of White Sox Players at SoxFest

grenda12
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
A.J. Pierzynski, Jake Peavy, Matt Thornton and Alexei Ramirez are among the White Sox players scheduled to attend SoxFest 2010, set for Jan. 22-24 at the Palmer House Hilton, the team said today.

Other players scheduled to attend are Freddy Garcia and Jayson Nix. According to a news release, additional players on the current roster, along with coaches and former Sox greats attending SoxFest, will be announced once their commitments are finalized.

A limited number of two-night hotel reservations at the Palmer House Hilton for SoxFest with weekend passes remain available. More information can be obtained at whitesox.com.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/aj-pierzynski-jake-peavy-matt-thornton-and-alexei-ramirez-scheduled-to-attend-soxfest.html
(http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/aj-pierzynski-jake-peavy-matt-thornton-and-alexei-ramirez-scheduled-to-attend-soxfest.html)

ewokpelts
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
event's too expensive.

doublem23
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
event's too expensive.

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to go one year, but I can never justify spending that much when I could just save it for games later in the summer. I'm not much of a memorabilia collector, though.

ewokpelts
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
One good thing about soxfest is that you can get plenty of merch at good prices. ESPECIALLY on sunday(dealers will take lowball offers if it helps clear invnetory. less to take home, and more money in the pocket makes a lot of sense to them)

JermaineDye05
12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Damn, Peavy's going? All I can do is hope that I manage to get a ticket for Christmas. I'd love to get him to sign my jersey even though it is a Padres one.

beasly213
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Sigh... I remember going to Sox fest when it was only $15.00 and you could buy tickets at the hotel lobby day of.

I still cherish my James Baldwin Autograph...

white sox bill
12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Sigh... I remember going to Sox fest when it was only $15.00 and you could buy tickets at the hotel lobby day of.

IIRC thats about how much I paid when I last attended in either 2001 or 2002. Dare I ask how much they are now??

LoveYourSuit
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Some people enjoy this. I just can't get myself up to go stand in lines for an autograph or two.

GoGoCrede
12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Some people enjoy this. I just can't get myself up to go stand in lines for an autograph or two.

Agreed. Too much waiting. I'm very impatient.

Although I'd do it if Gavin was there. :cool:

Brian26
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Yeah, those were great days when attendance at the park was always an issue, Todd Ritchie was our #2 starter and a World Series title looked impossible.

SBSoxFan
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
So, it looks like they announced first and last names. :makefaces:

grenda12
12-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Good one! :tongue:

beasly213
12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah, those were great days when attendance at the park was always an issue, Todd Ritchie was our #2 starter and a World Series title looked impossible.

I'm confused... are you trying to insult me.. Or trying to imply that I actually want things to go back to the way they were with the ball club?:scratch:

Brian26
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm confused... are you trying to insult me.. Or trying to imply that I actually want things to go back to the way they were with the ball club?:scratch:

I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I'm just pointing out that the success of the team in the mid-part of the decade generated so much more fan support that it is almost impossible now to go back to the way things were.

There's a trade-off. Although I enjoyed those Soxfest days too, I rather trade long lines and higher ticket prices for a more successful team.

beasly213
12-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I'm just pointing out that the success of the team in the mid-part of the decade generated so much more fan support that it is almost impossible now to go back to the way things were.

There's a trade-off. Although I enjoyed those Soxfest days too, I rather trade long lines and higher ticket prices for a more successful team.

Agreed. Pretty much after 05 Sox Fest became huge. Mostly because people had a whole lot of World Series Memoriblia to get signed.

Heres to hoping that Sox Fest 2011 has the same situation! :gulp:

SoxComms
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, December 8, 2009

GORDON BECKHAM, MARK BUEHRLE, PAUL KONERKO, ANDRUW JONES AND MANAGER OZZIE GUILLEN AMONG WHITE SOX SCHEDULED TO ATTEND SOXFEST

CHICAGO Chicago White Sox players Gordon Beckham, Mark Buehrle, Paul Konerko, Andruw Jones, along with manager Ozzie Guillen, are now scheduled to attend SoxFest 2010, presented by Miller Lite, Pepsi and the Palmer House Hilton. They join Freddy Garcia, Jayson Nix, Jake Peavy, A.J. Pierzynski, Alexei Ramirez and Matt Thornton who also are scheduled to be at the annual event.

A limited number of two-night hotel reservations at the Palmer House Hilton for SoxFest 2010 along with weekend passes to the event, remain available.

The special SoxFest hotel rate is $249 (plus tax and applicable charges) for a two-night stay, the same as last year. White Sox fans may purchase up to two rooms per reservation, and fans who purchase a two-night stay are eligible to purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes at $75 each. SoxFest hotel packages and weekend passes can again be purchased in the same online transaction at whitesox.com. Weekend passes are only available for purchase by fans who book the two-night stay.

SoxFest 2010 will be held Friday, January 22, Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24, 2009. Dates and times are: Friday, 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

-30-

ewokpelts
12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
ozzie comes to every soxfest. it's part of the manager's job

salty99
12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't understand why they don't sell one-day and 2 passes before Christmas as people could give those as gifts.

ChiSoxGirl
12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
The Buehrle line will probably be jammed, considering his personal accomplishments this year. He'll have lots of SI copies and the season ticket holder canvases to sign.

salty99
12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
The Buehrle line will probably be jammed, considering his personal accomplishments this year. He'll have lots of SI copies and the season ticket holder canvases to sign.

Yeah but it's been jammed every year for the last few.

grenda12
12-08-2009, 04:48 PM

Those plus Gold Glove. I was looking at the items I needed to have signed and the majority are things for Buehrle.

He wasnt there last year!

soxfandoug
12-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I think it's safe to assume that the lines will fill up fastest for Peavy, Buehrle, and Beckham.

Still haven't decide whether or not I'm going this year. The wife has already made it very clear she will not be making the trip (we live in FL) with me again this year.

ChiSoxGirl
12-08-2009, 08:09 PM

It has, but with his absence last year, it's going to be twice as crowded this year.

mcgeez8
12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
yea Buehrle has been really popular at soxfest, even more son in 2008 after the no hitter and now should be a packed line. Kinda bummed that he wouldn't inscribe the date of his no hitter with the autograph.

grenda12
12-09-2009, 09:14 PM
yea Buehrle has been really popular at soxfest, even more son in 2008 after the no hitter and now should be a packed line. Kinda bummed that he wouldn't inscribe the date of his no hitter with the autograph.

At the picnic in the park he wouldnt inscribe 05 World Series on his Wheaties box for me.

mcgeez8
12-10-2009, 08:17 AM
At the picnic in the park he wouldnt inscribe 05 World Series on his Wheaties box for me.

Yea he must have a deal with a company that prohibits that. I know other guys do inscriptions like dye who wrote 05 ws mvp for me

salty99
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Buehrle was signing perfect games during fan appreciation day at the last home game this year, but was personalizing everything, which is fine with me. I bet he'll do the same at Soxfest as well.

mcgeez8
12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
sounds good. probably doesn't want people to sell them, but either way a personalized ball is great!

Nelfox02
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Yea he must have a deal with a company that prohibits that. I know other guys do inscriptions like dye who wrote 05 ws mvp for me

For his no hitter inscription---I am almost positive he was with Steiner Sports. For the Perfect Game (w/o a personlization) I think he is hooked up with hall of fame alumni or something like that, I remember reading an article about it shortly after the perfect game

Hopefully at Sox Fest he will be willing to just sign (no PG inscription) perfect game photos and posters w/o putting a personlization on it, I do not like personlizations and like nearly everyone else going to to sox fest I have a photo from the PG I am going to try to get signed.

salty99
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Here is your answer on Buehrle:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mlam-announces-first-exclusive-athlete-mark-buehrle-62256752.html

salty99
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
More names added: Putz, Teahan, Pierre, Kotsay

Coaches Harold Baines, Don Cooper, Jeff Cox, Juan Nieves, Mark Salas, and Greg Walker

Broadcasters Ed Farmer, Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, Darrin Jackson and Steve Stone

Other include: Roland Hemond, Kevin Hickey, Ron Kittle, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso, Billy Pierce and Bill "Moose" Skowron.

salty99
12-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Also: Floyd Bannister, Lance Johnson and Gary Peters

Lip Man 1
12-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Nice to see the older players invited back. It gives today's fans an idea about the history of the franchise and I know from personally speaking with some guys, they are grateful for the fact that they aren't being forgotten, especially the older players from the 50's and 60's.

Lip

Noneck
12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Nice to see the older players invited back. It gives today's fans an idea about the history of the franchise and I know from personally speaking with some guys, they are grateful for the fact that they aren't being forgotten, especially the older players from the 50's and 60's.

Lip

It looks like all the older guys I see appearing are on the Sox payroll, in one way or another. I would like to see some of the older guys that are not obliged to appear at these gatherings.

JohnTucker0814
12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I am going to this years event but haven't been since it was at the Palmer House for the 1st time. Wondering if they've made any changes to the event since then. I remember that if we wanted to get a big name autograph that we had to wait in line the previous night to ensure that we'd get a wrist band for the bigger names?

Is this still the case. I'm hoping not, but I really really need Freddy Garcia this year as he's the last one I need from 2005 on my WS Photo! I'm guessing his line probably won't be that large, but maybe there are a lot of people in my boat!

SSrep
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I really really need Freddy Garcia this year as he's the last one I need from 2005 on my WS Photo! I'm guessing his line probably won't be that large, but maybe there are a lot of people in my boat!

I think you'll get that autograph

Nelfox02
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I think you'll get that autograph

IF he shows up---Garcia is famous for blowing off autograph events

Nelfox02
12-17-2009, 05:05 PM
More names added: Putz, Teahan, Pierre, Kotsay

Coaches Harold Baines, Don Cooper, Jeff Cox, Juan Nieves, Mark Salas, and Greg Walker

Broadcasters Ed Farmer, Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, Darrin Jackson and Steve Stone

Other include: Roland Hemond, Kevin Hickey, Ron Kittle, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso, Billy Pierce and Bill "Moose" Skowron.

Source? In looking at the website, it does not have any of these additions maybe I am just not looking in the right spot?

Nelfox02
12-17-2009, 05:07 PM
It looks like all the older guys I see appearing are on the Sox payroll, in one way or another. I would like to see some of the older guys that are not obliged to appear at these gatherings.

Fisk (isnt he a "team ambassador"?) tops my list, I dont think he has ever attended a sox fest has he?

Noneck
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Fisk (isnt he a "team ambassador"?) tops my list, I dont think he has ever attended a sox fest has he?

Maybe the "other" sox he has.

Lip Man 1
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Noneck:

Bannister, Johnson and Peters aren't on the payroll. Neither was Joe Horlen when he came a few years ago.

Lip

mzh
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM

I remember being at SoxFest before the 2005 season in an autograph line for A.J. and Freddy, and only A.J. showed up. Apparently Freddy had trouble getting a visa to come back from Venezuela :tongue:

Noneck
12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Noneck:

Bannister, Johnson and Peters aren't on the payroll. Neither was Joe Horlen when he came a few years ago.

Lip

Lip,

I didnt see them on the list, Thats great. I wish there were more.
btw: Do you know if anyone has seen Walter Williams lately and if so, how is he doing?

JohnTucker0814
12-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Yes I know, I've been at 2 other events that he didn't show up for!!!! Very frustrating, but I really really want to have that picture complete!

Lip Man 1
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Noneck:

I have Walter's alledged contact info but I haven't tried to reach him yet.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also gang, I'll let you in on a little secret...the Sox are trying to arrange something very special if Omar Vizquel says he'll attend Sox Fest. That comes from a source in the front office.

Lip

Brian26
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Noneck:

Also gang, I'll let you in on a little secret...the Sox are trying to arrange something very special if Omar Vizquel says he'll attend Sox Fest. That comes from a source in the front office.

Lip

Does it have anything to do with Ozzie or Luis?

WhiteSox5187
12-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Noneck:

Lip

Is it Mike Caruso?!?!?

salty99
12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Source? In looking at the website, it does not have any of these additions maybe I am just not looking in the right spot?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20091217&content_id=7821598&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Nelfox02
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20091217&content_id=7821598&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Thanks!

gr8mexico
12-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Noneck:

Lip
Luis Aparicio , Omar Vizquel , Ozzie Guillen :bandance:

yazz32
01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Looks like Jenks and Quentin were just added.

Lip Man 1
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Noneck:

"Little Walter" (with apologizes to Bob Elson) is alive and well, living in Texas.

He plays golf in the morning (every day...) and directs the Parks Department in Brownsville in the afternoon from 3-11PM.

Lip

Noneck
01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Noneck:

"Little Walter" (with apologizes to Bob Elson) is alive and well, living in Texas.

He plays golf in the morning (every day...) and directs the Parks Department in Brownsville in the afternoon from 3-11PM.

Lip

How sweet it is, How sweet it is. (With apologizes to The Old Red Head)

Thanks Lip.

salty99
01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Looks like Andruw Jones has been removed from the list.

Nelfox02
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM

bummer---actually looking forward to meeting him a fresh face

Nelfox02
01-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I was kicking around the idea of meeting hawk and stone for autographs this year-----but i was hoping they could inscribe for me

anyone else have any luck (or lack there of) with stone or hawk on incriptions at sox fest?

JermaineDye05
01-18-2010, 11:14 PM

Cue the "Where is Andruw Jones?" thread.

soxfandoug
01-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I was kicking around the idea of meeting hawk and stone for autographs this year-----but i was hoping they could inscribe for me

anyone else have any luck (or lack there of) with stone or hawk on incriptions at sox fest?

Hawk will inscribe anything you'd like, and Stone will refuse to inscribe anything.

TheVulture
01-19-2010, 01:23 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/aj-pierzynski-jake-peavy-matt-thornton-and-alexei-ramirez-scheduled-to-attend-soxfest.html
(http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/aj-pierzynski-jake-peavy-matt-thornton-and-alexei-ramirez-scheduled-to-attend-soxfest.html)

I hate to split hairs here, but the referenced link seems to announce both the first and the last names of the Sox players at Soxfest.

TheVulture
01-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Doh!

soxfandoug
01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
John Danks has now been added to the Soxfest lineup.

Brian26
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I can't believe how loaded the Soxfest lineup is this year. It will be interesting to see how they group guys up for the signings. I'm anticipating a lot of the tables will have two or three guys together.

From the Sox website, scheduled to appear:

Ken Williams, Ozzie Guillen, Harold Baines, Gordon Beckham, Mark Buehrle, Don Cooper, Jeff Cox, John Danks, Freddy Garcia, Kevin Hickey, Bobby Jenks, Paul Konerko, Mark Kotsay, Scott Linebrink, Juan Nieves, Jayson Nix, Jake Peavy, Juan Pierre, A.J. Pierzynski, J.J. Putz, Carlos Quentin, Alexei Ramirez, Mark Salas, Mark Teahen, Matt Thornton, Greg Walker, Ed Farmer, Darrin Jackson, Hawk Harrelson, Steve Stone, Floyd Bannister, Roland Hemond, Joel Horlen, Lance Johnson, Gary Peters, Ron Kittle, Doug Laumann, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso and Moose Skowron.

BainesHOF
01-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm disappointed that Joey Cora will be absent for yet another Soxfest. I know I may be the only one, but he's the last member of the 2005 team that I need to sign a World Series ball. It's not like he signs a lot during the season either.

Brian26
01-19-2010, 09:19 PM
He must still be recovering from watching Viciedo field ground balls at "Camp Cora".

At least Freddy is scheduled to appear this year.

salty99
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
He must still be recovering from watching Viciedo field ground balls at "Camp Cora".

Yes because we see how well that worked out for Josh Fields last year.

Nelfox02
01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Brian26;2415110]I can't believe how loaded the Soxfest lineup is this year. It will be interesting to see how they group guys up for the signings. I'm anticipating a lot of the tables will have two or three guys together.

Agree----very curious to see the schedule hoping that it comes out on Wednesday

gr8mexico
01-20-2010, 01:16 AM

I'm sure He will come up with another lame excuse again to miss SoxFest.

tags22
01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm sure He will come up with another lame excuse again to miss SoxFest.

I hope not. He is pretty much the last person I need for my 2005 WS photo.

shenk1616
01-20-2010, 10:32 AM

I wasn't aware that Cora was working on Fields with his hitting? I'm sure the fact that his playing time was scarce and his .222 average should be attributed to Cora as well?

On another note, I was led to believe that the Soxfest schedule was coming out early this week. Does that mean I should be expecting it some time today?

hi im skot
01-20-2010, 10:47 AM

Fields' defense was improved last year...he was still a below-average player overall, unfortunately.

Nelfox02
01-20-2010, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=yazz32;2414536]Looks like Jenks and Quentin were just added

wonder if Quentin will sign sweet spots this year? I know last year he refused during the sunday AM session, maybe his contract expired forbiding this?

salty99
01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=yazz32;2414536]Looks like Jenks and Quentin were just added

wonder if Quentin will sign sweet spots this year? I know last year he refused during the sunday AM session, maybe his contract expired forbiding this?

he just did a sports show a couple months ago so he's probably still under contract

salty99
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Fields' defense was improved last year...he was still a below-average player overall, unfortunately.

improved defense and major league quality third base glove are two completely different things

salty99
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I wasn't aware that Cora was working on Fields with his hitting? I'm sure the fact that his playing time was scarce and his .222 average should be attributed to Cora as well?

On another note, I was led to believe that the Soxfest schedule was coming out early this week. Does that mean I should be expecting it some time today?

I wasn't aware that I ever mentioned Fields' hitting in any of my posts? Can you please point this out? Unfortunately Josh is another one in a long line of high draft picks that didn't work out for the Sox.

shenk1616
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I wasn't aware that I ever mentioned Fields' hitting in any of my posts? Can you please point this out? Unfortunately Josh is another one in a long line of high draft picks that didn't work out for the Sox.

Maybe I misunderstood, but your comments appeared to be a shot at Cora and his coaching ability. Did Fields improve defensively? Yes. Was his bat ultimately the reason the Sox decided to part ways? Yes. That was all I was trying to point out.

I agree that it is unfortunate that Josh couldn't replicate his first partial year with the Sox. As far as a long line of high draft picks not working out...I'm hoping that Beckham, Mitchell, and company can put an end to that trend.

salty99
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe I misunderstood, but your comments appeared to be a shot at Cora and his coaching ability. Did Fields improve defensively? Yes. Was his bat ultimately the reason the Sox decided to part ways? Yes. That was all I was trying to point out.

I agree that it is unfortunate that Josh couldn't replicate his first partial year with the Sox. As far as a long line of high draft picks not working out...I'm hoping that Beckham, Mitchell, and company can put an end to that trend.

No I wasn't taking a shot at Cora. My point was that if you suck at defense it's very hard to get good in just one little 3-4 day camp. It seems guys like Flowers, Fields, Viciedo need a lot more work.

yazz32
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Schedule of Events is Up on White Sox Website...

salty99
01-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Schedule of Events is Up on White Sox Website...

Buehrle only signing on Sat...that is going to be a mob scene.

yazz32
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Plus Freddy all three days. He may not bail this time.

scullypit
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
where are you finding the Schedule ? I'm looking at http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/community/soxfest.jsp

I don't see it.

Thanks.

grenda12
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
where are you finding the Schedule ? I'm looking at http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/community/soxfest.jsp

I don't see it.

Thanks.

Thank you. I thought maybe I was missing something. I am not seeing it either.

yazz32
01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2010/soxfest_schedule.pdf

and

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/community/sf_schedule.jsp

grenda12
01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
No Pierzynski on Sunday!

scullypit
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks yazz32

Man,Buehrle at 9 follow by Beckham . Will be impossible to get both. They will be handing out wristbands for Beckham right after they give all the Buehrle wristbands.

Nelfox02
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Buehrle only signing on Sat...that is going to be a mob scene.

The last few years it seems the highest demand autograph gets only one shot, last year it was Thome, this year Mark

Will be a mob scene, no doubt about that

BainesHOF
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
There's slowly been fewer and fewer autographs signed by the big names over the years. Long gone are the days when Frank Thomas would sign 500 autographs per session for two or three days. I know players are sick of being bothered for autographs 24/7 throughout the season, but this is one event where they should sit down and crank 'em out throughout the weekend.

scullypit
01-20-2010, 05:45 PM
There's slowly been fewer and fewer autographs signed by the big names over the years. Long gone are the days when Frank Thomas would sign 500 autographs per session for two or three days. I know players are sick of being bothered for autographs 24/7 throughout the season, but this is one event where they should sit down and crank 'em out throughout the weekend.

Totally agreed. used to be easier and less expensive.

now with less signings and the MVP pass its just keeps getting harder.

fans are already dropping $$$ for hotel and passes and than need to drop another 275 to be able to get a picture with Peavy. crazy.

also they used to give you a coupon for free tickets to a game in April or May. Last year they didn't

grenda12
01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Theres not alot of big name players for Sunday.

BainesHOF
01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Theres not alot of big name players for Sunday.

I know. If you're buying a single-day or weekend pass you can be out of luck entirely when it comes to your favorite player or two. Ideally, the schedule should be announced before tickets are put on sale.

For the record, I think the Sox staff does a great job putting on the event for the most part. I'm sure they have to twist the players' arms to get them to sign what they do. I appreciate their hard work to make it a fun weekend.

ChiSoxGirl
01-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Didn't it used to go from 10a-5p on Saturdays?! They pushed everything up an hour this year....

It's a jam-packed schedule, for sure! It seems like there aren't as many autographs being given on Friday night- only 4:45p and 7 or 7:30p time slots- and that the times are more spread out. This could be good, but it also could possibly cause some overcrowding....

salty99
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Didn't it used to go from 10a-5p on Saturdays?! They pushed everything up an hour this year....

It's a jam-packed schedule, for sure! It seems like there aren't as many autographs being given on Friday night- only 4:45p and 7 or 7:30p time slots- and that the times are more spread out. This could be good, but it also could possibly cause some overcrowding....

I looked back at previous schedules and on Friday there have only been 2 sessions the last couple years. Saturday has had 3, once in a while 4. Sunday had 2-3 on average.

ChiSoxGirl
01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I looked back at previous schedules and on Friday there have only been 2 sessions the last couple years. Saturday has had 3, once in a while 4. Sunday had 2-3 on average.

Maybe I feel like I was standing in an autograph line at 6 or 6:30p, but it must've been for one of the 7 or 7:30p signings.

BV2005
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
this will be my first time at soxfest... will they be selling merchandise for the players to sign, like 8 x 10s?

salty99
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
this will be my first time at soxfest... will they be selling merchandise for the players to sign, like 8 x 10s?

yes

ewokpelts
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
there are less vendor booths than before, but you SHOULD see someone selling photos and balls.

i personally buy my autos on ebay. the card companies put plenty of autos in packs and they can be had pretty cheap. I picked up a Konerko signed HAT(that was sold witha box of cards) for $15 and shipping. The cost of the hat alone(mlb authentic) is $30. I got A Quentin BAT(full size) that was packaged with cards for $20 plus shipping. And it came with a certificate AND photo of him signing it.

p.s. for the card collectors, the Konerko Hat came from 02 Fleer Legacy, and trhe Quentin came from 08 Just Minors.

Sockinchisox
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Buehrle will not sign anything perfect game related.

Soxfan 78
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Buehrle will not sign anything perfect game related.

You know this for a fact??? I was really hoping to get the perfect game print that was sent out to ticket season holders signed, if this is true I might be looking to get a diff. wristband for the 9 am signing.:(:

spawn
01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Just got a tweet from Joe Cowley. Says Jenks looks 25 pounds lighter.

Sockinchisox
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
You know this for a fact??? I was really hoping to get the perfect game print that was sent out to ticket season holders signed, if this is true I might be looking to get a diff. wristband for the 9 am signing.:(:

Yeah.

http://blogs.southtownstar.com/whitesox/2010/01/double_dose_of_bad_news_for_so.html

Soxfan 78
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info Sockin...as much as it depresses me, it is good to know as I'm sure it is going to be crazy trying to get one of his wristbands. I may just try for Peavy now instead. I was reeeeaaallly looking forward to getting that print signed too:(:

Sockinchisox
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm in the seminar right now. Ozzie said Vizquel might lead off somedays.

Kenny said there's always one more move to be made and that Andruw Jones came to the Sox.