PDA

View Full Version : Sox Clubhouse Holiday Sale

salty99
12-01-2009, 12:14 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20091201&content_id=7733166&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

ewokpelts
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
buying your "tickets" online give you an extra 20% off coupon at the mlb online store.

good event.

#1swisher
12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Tickets are $5, which is good towards your purchase, does this include gift cards? I'll make a call.

EDIT: just called 312-674-1000 she said that when you buy the $5 admission ticket you will receive a coupon and this can be used for everything at the Holiday Clubhouse Sale including gift cards!

ewokpelts
12-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Tickets are $5, which is good towards your purchase, does this include gift cards? I'll make a call.

EDIT: just called 312-674-1000 she said that when you buy the $5 admission ticket you will receive a coupon and this can be used for everything at the Holiday Clubhouse Sale including gift cards!if this is true, it's news to me....

i still have gift cards from the season....i may use them at this event....

beasly213
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I went last year for the first time and it was really fun. Can't wait to go again! :bandance::bandance:

soxfan21
12-01-2009, 02:33 PM
I went the last two years, plan on going again this year.

grenda12
12-01-2009, 03:47 PM

EDIT: just called 312-674-1000 she said that when you buy the $5 admission ticket you will receive a coupon and this can be used for everything at the Holiday Clubhouse Sale including gift cards!

They did it last year too.

Brian26
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM

And the year before.

ChiSoxGirl
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I was just thinking about this a couple hours ago. From what I remember, this sale has been the first weekend of December the last two years. I'm glad it's next weekend because this upcoming weekend is jam packed for me and there's no way I'd be able to make it! I'm just excited to step foot in the ballpark again!!! :bandance: It's been way too long.

DirtySox
12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Thinking about going for the first time. Is the selection of items extensive, specifically the jerseys? Will most of the desirable items be gone by Sunday?

Any input is appreciated.

BainesHOF
12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's fun about this event?

I understand it could be fun if you've never been in the clubhouse. Otherwise, it's still-overpriced merchandise that they're trying to dump with a long checkout line.

DumpJerry
12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Thinking about going for the first time. Is the selection of items extensive, specifically the jerseys? Will most of the desirable items be gone by Sunday?

Just out of curiosity, what's fun about this event?

I understand it could be fun if you've never been in the clubhouse. Otherwise, it's still-overpriced merchandise that they're trying to dump with a long checkout line.
It's a pretty cool event. You get to walk around the Sox clubhouse, something you can't do during the season. They have tons of stuff to choose from-clothing of all types, gift items, toys, pictures, etc., etc. They sell hot dogs and pop. The ticket sales staff is there so season ticket holders can have a chance to run into their rep.

ohthosechisox
12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I really enjoyed going last year, so I'll be going again (probably on Friday). I'll need to pick up my Gordon Beckham player tee that I've been wanting for a while. :smile:

#1swisher
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I went last year for the first time and it was really fun. Can't wait to go again! :bandance::bandance:

I went the last two years, plan on going again this year.

I really enjoyed going last year, so I'll be going again (probably on Friday). I'll need to pick up my Gordon Beckham player tee that I've been wanting for a while. :smile:

It's a pretty cool event. You get to walk around the Sox clubhouse, something you can't do during the season. They have tons of stuff to choose from-clothing of all types, gift items, toys, pictures, etc., etc. They sell hot dogs and pop. The ticket sales staff is there so season ticket holders can have a chance to run into their rep.

Was Southpaw there?

soxfan21
12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Was Southpaw there?

No, I don't believe so.

grenda12
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Was Southpaw there?

No, I don't believe so.

Yes, Southpaw was there last year. I remember getting a picture with him along with his autograph.

dwalteroo
12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes, Southpaw was there last year. I remember getting a picture with him along with his autograph.

Southpaw can sign his own name? He's very advanced for his age.

Foulke You
12-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Southpaw can sign his own name? He's very advanced for his age.
Well, dinosaurs did roam the Earth 65,000,000 years ago so he has had time to practice his penmanship.:tongue:

hi im skot
12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, dinosaurs did roam the Earth 65,000,000 years ago so he has had time to practice his penmanship.:tongue:

Since when is Southpaw a dinosaur?

chisoxfanatic
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Carl Everett wants to have a word with you. :tongue:

LongLiveFisk
12-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Will most of the desirable items be gone by Sunday?

That's what I'm wondering too, because that's the only day I can make it.

TheCommander
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Has any heard if there will be former players there? Last year they had Ron Kittle on Saturday and Minnie Minoso on Sunday.

Lundind1
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Has any heard if there will be former players there? Last year they had Ron Kittle on Saturday and Minnie Minoso on Sunday.

They have not come out with anything as of yet on this. I am sure that they will make some sort of announcement as to what they are planning for that event as time gets closer.

Lundind1
12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
That's what I'm wondering too, because that's the only day I can make it.

Last year I did get a chance to go both Friday and Sunday and they still had a decent amount of stuff on Sunday. Just make sure to get there a bit early on Sunday.

beasly213
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Just got back. It was really cool getting to go in the Dugout and it was kinda weird seeing the field all White covered in snow.

It wasn't crowded at all but I was in awe just looking around the stadium. Worth the 5 bucks alone. :cool:

As far as stuff for sale. They had some game used bats. Some as low as $25 but they were guys like Josh Fields and Jerry Owens. JDs bat went for $250!

They also had some game used jerseys that were signed. All pretty pricey at $100 for a Brian Anderson but still cool to check out.

Something that was awesome was for $200 they had the old flags that flew in the park with the AL titles and division titles on them. I would have got one had I had somewhere to put it.

Had the trophies for $30 bucks a pop (too much in my opinion) and they had a lot of ticket sheets for $10.00

Also for only $1.00 they had some AD sheets which were cool. I got one that said "Buehrle" and had a paint brush on it. Also a Hawk one with all his catch phrases. They are about 11x17 and will look cool when framed.

Then they have jerseys and other merch for 20% off. Overall a fun time go check it out!

It's Dankerific
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
grrr. I always hate missing this. I'd gladly pay $100 for BA's jersey.

salty99
12-11-2009, 09:00 PM
No former players there tonight. They also had game-used baseballs, lineup cards, Konerko/Dye 300HR figurines, and signed 8x10's of ex-Sox players ranging from Ben Davis to Bo Jackson to Aaron Rowand. I bought a Shingo for $2. They had those Buehrle perfect game bats for $140 and Buehrle signed baseballs with PG and the date for the low low price of $400. They also had Peavy signed balls for $150 I believe. Finally they had the $20 mystery bags, most of them looked like they had Swisher bobbleheads in them. Oh yeah and don't forget the Thome bat and Frank Thomas jersey for $750 each!

MarkZ35
12-11-2009, 11:48 PM
No former players there tonight. They also had game-used baseballs, lineup cards, Konerko/Dye 300HR figurines, and signed 8x10's of ex-Sox players ranging from Ben Davis to Bo Jackson to Aaron Rowand. I bought a Shingo for $2. They had those Buehrle perfect game bats for $140 and Buehrle signed baseballs with PG and the date for the low low price of $400. They also had Peavy signed balls for $150 I believe. Finally they had the $20 mystery bags, most of them looked like they had Swisher bobbleheads in them. Oh yeah and don't forget the Thome bat and Frank Thomas jersey for $750 each!
You know how much the Dye/PK figurines were?

Brian26
12-12-2009, 12:10 AM
You know how much the Dye/PK figurines were?

Salty told me earlier on the phone they were $30.

cbone
12-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I went yesterday as well, very cool. I knocked off a lot of Christmas shopping!!!

skobabe8
12-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Just got back. It was really cool getting to go in the Dugout and it was kinda weird seeing the field all White covered in snow.

It wasn't crowded at all but I was in awe just looking around the stadium. Worth the 5 bucks alone. :cool:

As far as stuff for sale. They had some game used bats. Some as low as $25 but they were guys like Josh Fields and Jerry Owens. JDs bat went for $250!

They also had some game used jerseys that were signed. All pretty pricey at $100 for a Brian Anderson but still cool to check out.

Something that was awesome was for $200 they had the old flags that flew in the park with the AL titles and division titles on them. I would have got one had I had somewhere to put it.

Had the trophies for $30 bucks a pop (too much in my opinion) and they had a lot of ticket sheets for $10.00

Also for only $1.00 they had some AD sheets which were cool. I got one that said "Buehrle" and had a paint brush on it. Also a Hawk one with all his catch phrases. They are about 11x17 and will look cool when framed.

Then they have jerseys and other merch for 20% off. Overall a fun time go check it out!

Any more details on jerseys? I'm just looking for a road Buerhle authentic, not game used. Would it be a good idea to get my butt out of my cozy home and go?

35th&Shields
12-12-2009, 11:37 AM

I went yesterday. There was nothing interesting for sale. Just a lot of t-shirts, replica jerseys, hats and crap they were trying to unload. I live near the park so it was no big deal to go down there. But if I travelled far to go, I would be mad. It is worth the $5 if you haven't been in the clubhouse before, though. Grandstand has a way better selection of unique White Sox stuff.

Unless they are brining out the game used stuff for the weekend, I didn't see anything game used on Friday. And that's what I was looking for when I went.

35th&Shields
12-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Where was this stuff? I was there at about 7:00 on Friday, and I didn't see any of this stuff. I would have liked to get a bat and a trophy. A ticket sheet would have been cool, too. I'm kind of peeved. Was it somewhere else other than the clubhouse itself?

Brian26
12-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I stopped by this morning when the doors opened after our annual trip to the Walnut Room. I also had a Sox gift card burning a hole in my pocket since last May, so I thought I'd finally cash it it.

I picked up the new therma-base pullover (the one they've been changing the design on every year since 2005). The best deal, however, was a $95 fleece therma-base sleeveless/zip-up vest that they were selling for $20. I think I grabbed the 2nd to last one, and the only size they had left was XL.

Otherwise, there was a lot of crap still overpriced with the 20% discount. The game used items were in the visitor's clubhouse, but I didn't really see anything that was a bargain (and they need to come way down on Dye's $250 bat). I saw Ozuna, Owens, Fields, & Swisher bats. Most of the other junk has been there for years (the ticket sheet, big trophy, Strength Up the Middle, Southpaw lunch pail). I didn't even look at the jerseys or the flags.

The Sox attendant said you could walk into the visitor's dugout but not on the field.

cbone
12-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Where was this stuff? I was there at about 7:00 on Friday, and I didn't see any of this stuff. I would have liked to get a bat and a trophy. A ticket sheet would have been cool, too. I'm kind of peeved. Was it somewhere else other than the clubhouse itself?

It was all in the visiting clubhouse. We bought most of our stuff there.

tacosalbarojas
12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I stopped by this morning when the doors opened after our annual trip to the Walnut Room. I also had a Sox gift card burning a hole in my pocket since last May, so I thought I'd finally cash it it.

I picked up the new therma-base pullover (the one they've been changing the design on every year since 2005). The best deal, however, was a $95 fleece therma-base sleeveless/zip-up vest that they were selling for $20. I think I grabbed the 2nd to last one, and the only size they had left was XL.

Otherwise, there was a lot of crap still overpriced with the 20% discount. The game used items were in the visitor's clubhouse, but I didn't really see anything that was a bargain (and they need to come way down on Dye's $250 bat). I saw Ozuna, Owens, Fields, & Swisher bats. Most of the other junk has been there for years (the ticket sheet, big trophy, Strength Up the Middle, Southpaw lunch pail). I didn't even look at the jerseys or the flags.

The Sox attendant said you could walk into the visitor's dugout but not on the field.
I did look at the jerseys. There were several of each player on the rack, so not a wide selection and about the same price as usual (a lone Thomas jersey had a 750 sticker on it, for example). Other player jerseys were Loaiza, Swisher, Owens, and Uribe. I think that was about all they had.

soxfan21
12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I went yesterday and picked up a few sweatshirts, and one of those old school t shirts. A lot of stuff was still overpriced though.

Brian26
12-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I went yesterday and picked up a few sweatshirts, and one of those old school t shirts. A lot of stuff was still overpriced though.

Are you talking about the flying sock 50s shirt or the powder blue shirt with the SOX (1930's logo) down the middle w/ the bat? Those were pretty cool, but a bit overpriced at $35.

soxfan21
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Are you talking about the flying sock 50s shirt or the powder blue shirt with the SOX (1930's logo) down the middle w/ the bat? Those were pretty cool, but a bit overpriced at $35.

I got the red 80's one with the skyline in the background and "Chicago White Sox" written underneath it.

gr8mexico
12-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I went yesterday. There was nothing interesting for sale. Just a lot of t-shirts, replica jerseys, hats and crap they were trying to unload. I live near the park so it was no big deal to go down there. But if I travelled far to go, I would be mad. It is worth the $5 if you haven't been in the clubhouse before, though. Grandstand has a way better selection of unique White Sox stuff.

Unless they are brining out the game used stuff for the weekend, I didn't see anything game used on Friday. And that's what I was looking for when I went.
I went today and in the visitors clubhouse they had alot of game used items including jerseys. I was able to pick up alot of stuff.
BTW Does anyone have any 2005 White Sox game used jerseys?
I'm looking to buy or even trade.
Thanks

grenda12
12-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I went today and in the visitors clubhouse they had alot of game used items including jerseys. I was able to pick up alot of stuff.
BTW Does anyone have any 2005 White Sox game used jerseys?
I'm looking to buy or even trade.
Thanks

Did they have any Pierzynski items?

gr8mexico
12-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Did they have any Pierzynski items?
Nope They had a bunch of ex players. No one on the current roster.

grenda12
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Nope They had a bunch of ex players. No one on the current roster.

Thx!

BainesHOF
12-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Not much to speak of regarding game-used stuff. All items were from players no longer with the team. I'm not sure why the Dye bats were $250. The one Thome bat available was in decent collectible shape, but it was a ridiculous $750. These prices are way out of line as far as what they're really worth.

The Sox are not being honest/accurate (take your pick) with many of the jerseys. Many are not game-used. While the Sox aren't tagging or calling them game-used, they're certainly suggesting as such with their pricing. The $750-priced Thomas jersey was not game-used. They price all jerseys as if they're game-used and many are clearly not.

The best deals were the lineup cards for $25. I found a 2005 game-used one that turned out to be a winner with Dye, Thomas, Uribe and Konerko homers in the game. There were quite a few others from 2005, but they weren't used in the dugout during the game. They were filled out with the lineups, but then were unmarked beyond that. I suspect they may have been posted in the clubhouse on the day of the game. I also picked up a handful of ones from 2008 with Griffey in the lineup.

The autograph pictures were a good deal, too, if you were interested in picking up ones of former players.

The stuff being sold in the home clubhouse was mostly overpriced and not that nice. I find it a bit off-putting to see a 16x20 Buehrle autographed photo for sale for $449 that features his perfect game inscription on it when apparently Buehrle was not signing that way for fans on some occasions during the season. If Buehrle wants to cut a signing deal on his own, that's his business. But I don't like that the Sox are in cahoots with the memorabilia company that's barring Buehrle from signing perfect-game inscriptions for fans at team signings.

Minnie Minoso and Ron Kittle were there today.

35th&Shields
12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
It was all in the visiting clubhouse. We bought most of our stuff there.

I feel unbelievably stupid. I didn't even go in the visiting clubhouse. But truth be told, I don't remember it being open. I remember walking past it and there were only people going in and out of the Sox clubhouse.

BeefyD
12-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I also went today with my son. I agree with alot of what BainesHOF states. The Anderson jerseys for $100 were game used, but there were also replica jerseys (signed) in there. The Swisher jerseys were not game jerseys. Some Josh Fields jerseys, Clayton Richard, an Alomar replica, Uribe, a bunch of Iguchis (half of the rack was his).

They only had about 15 bats available, and the prices have been noted in earlier posts.

I did like the lineup cards, but as BainesHOF stated, these were not the dugout cards. Those get signed by the manager, and these weren't. I did like the 'phanthom' 2005 World Series obviously-unused cards, which had us vs. the Cardinals.

The security guard would not let me take my son into the visitors dugout because of the radio show going on. I didn't look at the signed photos because the guy looking through the binder was taking forever. They did have a decent little selection of game-used baseballs, mostly being $30, including a few 2005 games. If I had a place for it, the coolest items in my mind were the stadium-flown pennant flags. But they are huge.

The Sox clubhouse was full of shirts, jackets, etc., but I also thought that even with 20% off, the prices are still too high from what I can get elsewhere. All in all, for $5, it was still cool to be able to stroll around the clubhouses.

ChiSoxGirl
12-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to able to make it down there this year, which is too bad because I love the idea of being able to go into the ballpark when it's been so long since I've been there. I'm way too far behind on my Christmas shopping and writing cards to be spending a couple hours going down to there and back tomorrow. It's off to Woodfield I go, tomorrow mornig instead.

BainesHOF
12-13-2009, 01:04 AM
I did like the lineup cards, but as BainesHOF stated, these were not the dugout cards. Those get signed by the manager, and these weren't.

To clarify, the dugout cards don't have to be signed to be game-used. Some managers sign them and some don't. Ozzie doesn't sign them.

The ones I was talking about not being game-used were the 2005 ones that simply had the lineups and reserves written on them. The game-used ones have the changes (pinch-hitters, pinch-runners, relievers) written on them. The game-used ones also have circles colored in next to players names. They denote the player who made the last out of an inning. If Konerko makes the last out in the sixth, a "6" with a circle around it is marked by his name to help everyone in the dugout remember who made the last out in the inning. That circle gets colored in when it's time to note the last out of the seventh. Most of the lineup cards being sold were game-used, but there were a number from 2005 that weren't. However, anything from 2005 is still a pretty nice collectible.

By the way, I believe Joey Cora is the one who actually writes everybody's names on the cards.

BeefyD
12-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the clarification! I thought that the managers were required to sign them.

hi im skot
12-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I also went today with my son. I agree with alot of what BainesHOF states. The Anderson jerseys for $100 were game used, but there were also replica jerseys (signed) in there. The Swisher jerseys were not game jerseys. Some Josh Fields jerseys, Clayton Richard, an Alomar replica, Uribe, a bunch of Iguchis (half of the rack was his).

Just to be clear, all jerseys in the visitor's clubhouse were authentic, and many of them were game-issued and had the appropriate tagging. I think there were a few that obviously were not ever issued, as the tagging wasn't on there.

But these were definitely the real deal; the only authentics they had for sale were in the Sox clubhouse.

yazz32
12-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Picked up a signed Frank Thomas 8 x 10 photo for 10 bucks yesterday.

I would have thought it would be more then 10 bucks for a future HOF signature, but I'm not complaining.

Brian26
12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the clarification! I thought that the managers were required to sign them.

We're talking about two different types of lineup cards. The small card that Ozzie submits to the homeplate umpire must be signed. The large cards at the Sale were the dugout cards & don't have to be signed by anyone.

LongLiveFisk
12-13-2009, 10:44 AM

I would have thought it would be more then 10 bucks for a future HOF signature, but I'm not complaining.

Yeah me too. You're sure it's a real autograph and not one of those facsimiles?

gr8mexico
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Most of the lineup cards they had for sale where used during the games.
I picked up a 2005 lineup card and a 2006 lineup card. The Sox versus the Astros. World Series Rematch

soxfanreggie
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM

I love the therma-based pullovers. I have the black and blue (retro) Sox ones and also an ISU Redbirds one.

If I had a place for it, the coolest items in my mind were the stadium-flown pennant flags. But they are huge.

When I get back up to IL, that's the first thing on my list when I come to one of these.

beasly213
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I love the therma-based pullovers. I have the black and blue (retro) Sox ones and also an ISU Redbirds one.

When I get back up to IL, that's the first thing on my list when I come to one of these.

I love my Sox Therma one too. BUT I wish it didnt get so staticy when I wear it! :angry:

ewokpelts
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Then they have jerseys and other merch for 20% off. Overall a fun time go check it out!sounds like it was more garage sale than clearance rack event

edit: look slike the visitors dugout was a mini garage sal;e.....

ewokpelts
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM

I would have thought it would be more then 10 bucks for a future HOF signature, but I'm not complaining.it may be a "machine" auto. frank's auto on flats are worth more than $10. the sox know this.

ewokpelts
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
i picked up the phantom 2005 alcs game 7 lineup card at the last "official" garage sale. $10.

soxfanreggie
12-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I love my Sox Therma one too. BUT I wish it didnt get so staticy when I wear it! :angry:

You mean you don't like to give others a shocking experience? :tongue:

Most of the lineup cards they had for sale where used during the games.
I picked up a 2005 lineup card and a 2006 lineup card. The Sox versus the Astros. World Series Rematch

That looks pretty sweet. If you can get a card from the game you went to, that could make a great framed collage...maybe an 8" by 10" photo in the middle, the line-up card, and tickets from the game.

gr8mexico
12-14-2009, 10:28 AM
sounds like it was more garage sale than clearance rack event

edit: look slike the visitors dugout was a mini garage sal;e.....
Yeah it was great for me. When I read about the game used stuff they had for sale on the message board . I made sure I was the first one on Saturday.

palehosepub
12-14-2009, 11:35 AM
The $20 sharp looking vest was a great deal, I bought the last one off the mannequin.

As mentioned by others, the game used racks (2) were of about 10 different players with up to 10 jerseys each. I always thought that each set # tagging was unique but the Sox had at least half dozen Tadahito Iguchi jerseys all tagged 07, size 48, set 3.

The only other things I bought were the lineup cards, I bought 4 from 2005. Some had hologram stickers on them some didnt so I only bought the ones with the stickers... I wish I knew about the "dot markings", I did see that on some of the lineup cards. I researched the games I bought when I got home, one was Iguchi's first major league home run for a Buehrle victory.

BainesHOF
12-15-2009, 02:56 AM
I always thought that each set # tagging was unique but the Sox had at least half dozen Tadahito Iguchi jerseys all tagged 07, size 48, set 3.

The same was true for another player. (I think it was Fields, if I remember correctly.) This is just plain odd. It doesn't make any sense. I've never seen or heard this done. At some past Garage Sales, I've seen some jerseys with set numbers going into the high teens if not low 20s. I specifically remember Rowand and Thomas jerseys in abundance that were numbered like that. Extra jerseys are made typically for charity purposes. You often seem them signed at Garage Sales. Duplicating a specific set number defeats the purpose of numbering the sets in the first place. It's like the Sox are making replicas of replicas.

And there's the question of why so many jerseys would be made of a player such as Fields. I can understand making multiples of popular players to be donated to charities, but why a non-descript player such as Fields?