PDA

View Full Version : can this team even beat the Cubs

oldcomiskey
06-11-2002, 07:29 AM
Im very concerned that if things dont shape out we could lose to the Cubs----and dont think for one minute that the series with the northsiders aint important----its our world series this year----

Viva Magglio
06-11-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Im very concerned that if things dont shape out we could lose to the Cubs----and dont think for one minute that the series with the northsiders aint important----its our world series this year----

We better beat them, or every White Sox fan will want total bloodshed in the front office if we lose to them.

duke of dorwood
06-11-2002, 08:51 AM
The front office is praying for a split, I dont think we will get it the way we are hitting.

DrWatson27
06-11-2002, 09:04 AM
The way the Sox are swinging the bats we better hope the pitching throws shutouts in order to have a chance.

Soxboyrob
06-11-2002, 09:56 AM
This current incarnation of the Sox is basically almost a carbon copy of the current Cubs. I'm speaking only of the Sox performance over the last 3 weeks, whereby our pitching has been good, if not very good and our hitting has been dying a slow death. What good is good pitching if your hitting can't produce? The Cubs and Sox are showing us the answer to that question. Sooner or later we'll hit, but I wonder if we'll still have the pitching at that point.

Procol Harum
06-11-2002, 11:06 AM
The Sox look so brutal that I'm not feeling particularly optimistic about my lunch bet with an old childhhood chum who's a Cub fan. Of course the safest bet would probably be some sort of wager that both of these teams could lose a three game-series when playing each other...