PDA

View Full Version : Sox Book For Kids Now Available

BoysMom3
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I told you guys a bit ago about a book written by a couple teenagers - twins boys of my friend from h.s. They're big White Sox fans, and their book is about two boys playing a baseball video game - they start to notice their play on the video game affects the actual White Sox game. They then have to plan their whole summer around being available to play the game when the White Sox have games, and they help them to the World Series title.

It's available now at amazon.com for preorder. I just bought my copies today and am so excited for them to get here!

The boys that wrote the book are also the boys in this fun pic. Hmm. Don't see the pic. Let me try again. Ok, I couldn't do it because I already put the pic in a previous thread. You can see it here. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115689

SoxGirl4Life
11-25-2009, 03:29 PM
What a cool idea for a book! Thanks for brining it up!

g0g0
11-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll get this for my son for xmas. Thanks!

BoysMom3
11-25-2009, 05:41 PM
You're welcome - thanks for looking into it. I'm getting several copies for stocking stuffers - one for each of my boys, one for CrushinOnCrede, and one for me to keep around the house.

BoysMom3
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Hope you all don't mind me bringing this up again, but this is so exciting!! It's at #3 right now!!!! How cool is that?!!!!

From my friend's fb status update today:Happy Opening Day! It's the official release date of our son's book, It Isn't Just A Game. It is the story of two friends, who end up controlling the real White Sox players through their basment GameCube system. Today, Dustin & Owen are going for BESTSELLER STATUS...if you are interested in this book for young readers 7-12, please click on this link and purchase a copy today. Also, pass it on if you can. This is our home stretch push... Thanks!
(http://www.amazon.com/Isnt-Just-Game-Dustin-Schoenfeld/dp/1607990768/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260878297&sr=1-1%20)