PDA

View Full Version : Azteca loses Sox nacho contract

Sockinchisox
11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
They will be replaced my Mission Foods.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-talk-azteca-nachosnov25,0,1916966.story

itsnotrequired
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM
lift high the cross

Shoeless
11-24-2009, 11:46 PM
They will be replaced my Mission Foods.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-talk-azteca-nachosnov25,0,1916966.story

Mission foods...sounds so...authentic :scratch:

Viva Medias B's
11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
lift high the cross

fRVhi_9jwnU&feature=related

Sorry, just had to put that in as a response because that is such a beautiful hymn that is usually sung on Palm Sunday. Although, this particular Mass is not a Palm Sunday one because the priest is wearing purple vestments signifying Lent. On Palm Sunday (aka Passion Sunday), the priest wears red vestments.

gregoriop
11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Mission foods...sounds so...authentic :scratch:

What's this even supposed to mean? They are a giant tortilla maker, owned by Mexicans and their president is a Valenzuelan.

Viva Medias B's
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
What's this even supposed to mean? They are a giant tortilla maker, owned by Mexicans and their president is a Valenzuelan.

:?:

october23sp
11-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Mission chips are awesome...

KRS1
11-25-2009, 01:01 AM
........................................:irule:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/24/fernando_valenzuela.jpg

Nellie_Fox
11-25-2009, 01:53 AM
You know, it's, like, he's from Valenzuela or something. One of those countries down there.

Frater Perdurabo
11-25-2009, 08:00 AM
You know, it's, like, he's from Valenzuela or something. One of those countries down there.

Isn't it next to Columbo?

TornLabrum
11-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Fernando Valenzuelan? I can see him now pitching his product to the Sox.

Hitmen77
11-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey, with the money freed up from dumping this contract, the Sox will now have enough payroll flexibility to get Chone Figgins. Get it done, Kenny!

eriqjaffe
11-25-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/images/uploads/FRED%20FREDBURGER%20-yes.-1172523237fredfredburger.jpg

twentywontowin
11-25-2009, 09:20 AM
If anything, this should make the nachos better.

Now all they need to do is get a new hot dog bun supplier.

skobabe8
11-25-2009, 09:28 AM
The important question is how does this affect the 'build your own nachos' stand?

doublem23
11-25-2009, 09:34 AM
The important question is how does this affect the 'build your own nachos' stand?

My thoughts exactly.

gregoriop
11-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Whoops, brain fart.

LoveYourSuit
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Dammit :angry: Another reason why Walker should be fired today.

BleacherBandit
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
These are one of the things I've never tried at the park. I don't even know if they were even that good.

Hey, I didn't even notice the hotdogs being any different this year. I guess I don't have a discerning taste, or something.

All I know is that I've heard of Azteca and Mission before, and to me that's like Kosher's Best being replaced by Vienna. It probably won't be that bad of a change.

Oblong
11-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I know many of you make the road trip to Comerica Park and if you do and like chips and salsa, you have to get the brand sold here, sold under the brand name Garden Fresh Salsa. They make salsa, chips, pita chips, hummus, and other condiments. It's a local company and "Garden Fresh" is a very accurate description. It's the closest you'll get to home made salsa. I once sat down with a 15 oz tub and bag of chips and a half hour later realized I made it through only half the bag but ate the whole tub. I'm normally not a "scooper" of salsa but a dipper.

akingamongstmen
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Nearly 300 replies so far to the Omar Vizquel thread and now a thread about nachos. I'm a man that loves my nachos, and Vizquel is a decent pickup, but we really are in the doldrums now, aren't we? Fortunately, turkey and pumpkin pie are great cures for sports boredom.

PatK
11-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, this won't affect me at all.

Did the Trib really need to make a story on this?

Lundind1
11-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Nearly 300 replies so far to the Omar Vizquel thread and now a thread about nachos. I'm a man that loves my nachos, and Vizquel is a decent pickup, but we really are in the doldrums now, aren't we? Fortunately, turkey and pumpkin pie are great cures for sports boredom.

Well that is generally what happens in the final weeks of the year. P&C's report in 85 days. Just hold tight....spring is right around the corner!!!

Can't wait for the Holiday parties to start.

35th&Shields
11-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Mission chips are awesome...
Mission Chips are a vastly superior product to Azteca. I'm pleased to see this.

PalehosePlanet
11-25-2009, 05:16 PM

I've never tried them; are they as good as El Milagro?

ChiSoxGirl
11-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I've never tried them; are they as good as El Milagro?

Mission are a close second to El Milagro, which are also awesome. I had a Housewarming Party last weekend and picked up some Mission chips for chips & salsa because they were on sale at Wal-Mart when I was grocery shopping. I was very pleased with their taste.

The_Floridian
11-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Agreed. I got through college almost entirely on a diet of Mission Chips. Something about that big brown paper bag just makes them taste better.

GoGoCrede
11-25-2009, 08:16 PM

I was a wreck when they got rid of Best's Kosher last year. I still have not recovered. It's just not the same. :(: :redneck

thomas35forever
11-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd like a new nacho supplier. You never get enough cheese with them at the ballpark. Maybe this'll change that.

soxinem1
11-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Isn't it next to Columbo?

No, it is near either Perdue or Bulova!!:smile:

BleacherBandit
11-25-2009, 11:08 PM
No, it is near either Perdue or Bulova!!:smile:

Actually he was right. It would be near Columbo. But it would also be easter of Equator.

LongLiveFisk
11-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't think it will make a big difference, at least not to me. But I'll tell you what I wish they would start offering: a super nacho plate that includes ground beef. They have that at Kane County Cougars games and they are so good! :drool:

(Maybe I should e-mail Brooks Boyer.)

hi im skot
11-26-2009, 12:09 PM
I know many of you make the road trip to Comerica Park and if you do and like chips and salsa, you have to get the brand sold here, sold under the brand name Garden Fresh Salsa. They make salsa, chips, pita chips, hummus, and other condiments. It's a local company and "Garden Fresh" is a very accurate description. It's the closest you'll get to home made salsa. I once sat down with a 15 oz tub and bag of chips and a half hour later realized I made it through only half the bag but ate the whole tub. I'm normally not a "scooper" of salsa but a dipper.

Garden Fresh is sold here in Chicago. When it comes to store-bought stuff, it's my go-to salsa.

soltrain21
11-26-2009, 12:18 PM

I was introduced to the nacho bar this year by Skot. My world hasn't been the same since. It better not go away.

doublem23
11-26-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't think it will make a big difference, at least not to me. But I'll tell you what I wish they would start offering: a super nacho plate that includes ground beef. They have that at Kane County Cougars games and they are so good! :drool:

(Maybe I should e-mail Brooks Boyer.)

The build your own nacho carts on the Upper and Lower level are pretty close, I bet... You can pick your meat (they have steak, a step up from ground beef) and a slew of standard toppings. Crazy delicious.

LongLiveFisk
11-26-2009, 02:01 PM
The build your own nacho carts on the Upper and Lower level are pretty close, I bet... You can pick your meat (they have steak, a step up from ground beef) and a slew of standard toppings. Crazy delicious.

Is that new because I never really noticed that? All I ever saw was the standard nachos carts where you would get chips, nacho cheese, and hot peppers if you wanted. I'll have to look into that next year. :smile:

Rdy2PlayBall
11-26-2009, 02:20 PM
This isn't the make your own burrito/nacho stand is it? That's the only thing I eat when I go! :(

doublem23
11-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Is that new because I never really noticed that? All I ever saw was the standard nachos carts where you would get chips, nacho cheese, and hot peppers if you wanted. I'll have to look into that next year. :smile:

They were new this year. I didn't seek one out on the Lower Deck the couple of games I was there, but the one in the Upper Deck was slightly up the 1B line. Something like $7 and change for a nice helping of nachos. That would be a decent deal outside of the park, compared to the rest of the prices, it was highway robbery.

ewokpelts
11-27-2009, 11:06 AM

(Maybe I should e-mail Brooks Boyer.)they have that

DumpJerry
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
They were new this year. I didn't seek one out on the Lower Deck the couple of games I was there, but the one in the Upper Deck was slightly up the 1B line. Something like $7 and change for a nice helping of nachos. That would be a decent deal outside of the park, compared to the rest of the prices, it was highway robbery.
They have one on the LD near First.