PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Linked to Coco Crisp

Craig Grebeck
11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
First reported by Kansas City papers, confirmed by Mark Gonzalez. (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/white-sox-interested-in-coco-crisp.html)

I like. Defense, defense, defense. Crisp is definitely a low-risk, high reward type of guy. He can hit a little bit too. Sign him and Thome and this team could be set position-wise.

Crisp
Beckham
Quentin
Thome
Konerko
Rios
Pierzynski
Ramirez
Teahen

Edit: Crisp placed at the top as an assumption of what Ozzie would do, not an endorsement of giving him the most ABs.

soxinem1
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
The annual 'Coco Crisp to the White Sox' rumors are swirling again, and this time there could be a match.

Unlike prior years, he will not have to be traded for, and he should be available for a reasonable contract.

Question is, is it worth the gamble? Not sure if CF is his best position anymore, but LF might work. If everyone is healthy, we could get at least 70 HR's from the OF and at least 50 SB's. Hmmm.

JermaineDye05
As a backup, go for it. As a starter, please no.

LoveYourSuit
First reported by Kansas City papers, confirmed by Mark Gonzalez. (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/white-sox-interested-in-coco-crisp.html)

I like. Defense, defense, defense. Crisp is definitely a low-risk, high reward type of guy. He can hit a little bit too. Sign him and Thome and this team could be set position-wise.

Crisp
Beckham
Quentin
Thome
Konerko
Rios
Pierzynski
Ramirez
Teahen

Crisp IMO is a much better option than Figgins or Podsednik based on price.

Craig Grebeck
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
As a backup, go for it. As a starter, please no.
It depends on the alternatives, I guess. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him and using him sparingly, either.

I just don't see where this team is going to find another outfielder. Jenks just doesn't have much value.

MUsoxfan
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
KW always gets his guy. They may be aged, battered and broken by the time he gets them....but he always gets his guy.

PalehosePlanet
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
The annual 'Coco Crisp to the White Sox' rumors are swirling again, and this time there could be a match.

Unlike prior years, he will not have to be traded for, and he should be available for a reasonable contract.

Question is, is it worth the gamble? Not sure if CF is his best position anymore, but LF might work. If everyone is healthy, we could get at least 70 HR's from the OF and at least 50 SB's. Hmmm.

Really? Last time I saw him in CF I thought he still played great D.

He never had a good arm, so I don't think the shoulder surgery should make much of a difference in that respect.

soxinem1
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Really? Last time I saw him in CF I thought he still played great D.

He never had a good arm, so I don't think the shoulder surgery should make much of a difference in that respect.

Sure he still catches everything to him, but Rios is probably the guy they want in CF.

Crisp played a lot of LF in CLE and did well.

Nellie_Fox
11-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Any chance he can wear his cap straight?

tm1119
11-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Why is everyone questioning whether he can still play CF? He hurt his shoulder last season, not like hes coming off of knee surgery or something. And hes 31, not 38. His career UZR in 565 games in CF is +23 which is pretty crazy regardless of what you think of defensive stats.
Bill James projects him to hit .275 with a .340 OBP and steal 20 bags. And Chone projects him at .261 with a .340 OBP and 19 steals.
If he can put up those kind of numbers and play stellar D then im all for bringing him in for a reasonable contract. Dont see much of a market for him either so that sholdnt be too hard to do.
Hes not the ideal player to add, but hes certainly better than any internal options we have on our current roster, and I would take him over Pods any day.

JermaineDye05
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM

Any chance he can still play good baseball?

Corlose 15
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I think I'd rather have Matsui at this point than Thome. Thome is all or nothing at this point it seems and his high OBP is less effective when it takes 3 hits to score him aft a walk.

Depending on the health of Matsui's knees you'll get comparable OBP and slugging, fewer strikeouts, and someone with more mobility on the basepaths.

Lip Man 1
11-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd take Crisp and Matsui myself over Dye and Thome.

Time to make a change.

Lip

tm1119
11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
I think I'd rather have Matsui at this point than Thome. Thome is all or nothing at this point it seems and his high OBP is less effective when it takes 3 hits to score him aft a walk.

Depending on the health of Matsui's knees you'll get comparable OBP and slugging, fewer strikeouts, and someone with more mobility on the basepaths.

Yeah I think pretty much everybody would rather have Matsui than Thome. But Matsui is going to command probably double the salary of what Thome would get. Do we have that money? And if we do, do we want to invest it in an old DH with very bad injury problems? Its debatable, not really sure which direction I would go in. Of course there are other options as well if we do have the money it would take to sign Matsui.

soxinem1
11-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Time to make a change.

Lip

That works for me, though I'm suprised no one has brought up the ex-KC factor yet.......

Craig Grebeck
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
That works for me, though I'm suprised no one has brought up the ex-KC factor yet.......
I'd hope they would not.

Corlose 15
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah I think pretty much everybody would rather have Matsui than Thome. But Matsui is going to command probably double the salary of what Thome would get. Do we have that money? And if we do, do we want to invest it in an old DH with very bad injury problems? Its debatable, not really sure which direction I would go in. Of course there are other options as well if we do have the money it would take to sign Matsui.

I would think that Crisp would not be that costly and with Matsui's injury concerns he's probably not going to make as much as the 13M he got this year. Also, the Sox could actually end up trading Jenks, which would create more payroll flexibility.

Everything you hear seems to point towards the Sox waiting until the market kind of shakes out and teams start non-tendering their players, so we're probably going to have to be patient.

Sargeant79
11-24-2009, 03:08 PM

Time to make a change.

Lip

I agree in principle, especially from the defensive standpoint, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable with our middle of the order in that scenario. Matsui could stay healthy since he'd be DH-ing and have a great year, or he might break down and play only about 20 games for us.

I think it's likely that TCQ will rebound and have a nice year, but between him, Matsui, and a declining Konerko, you have nothing but question marks in the middle of your batting order.

Thatguyoverthere
11-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd hope they would not.Exactly, who gives a ****? Was anyone worried about the "ex-KC" factor when we signed Dye in '05? :rolleyes:

spawn
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Everything you hear seems to point towards the Sox waiting until the market kind of shakes out and teams start non-tendering their players, so we're probably going to have to be patient.
Patieince isn't a trait found around here.

spawn
11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Exactly, who gives a ****? Was anyone worried about the "ex-KC" factor when we signed Dye in '05? :rolleyes:
I joined in '05, and I think people bitched then, but not because he was formerly with the Royals. This will be brought up because of other ex-Royals that have crashed and burned here.

tm1119
I would think that Crisp would not be that costly and with Matsui's injury concerns he's probably not going to make as much as the 13M he got this year. Also, the Sox could actually end up trading Jenks, which would create more payroll flexibility.

Yeah obviously things change a lot if we trade Jenks without adding to the payroll. And yes, Matsui was injured last year, but hes also coming off of a WS MVP. He wont get 13 mil, but more likely in the 7-9 range. Thome is more likely to get around 5 mil tops. So I guess my point is would you rather have just Matsui, or Thome + another arm for the bull pen?

soxinem1
Patieince isn't a trait found around here.

That is true.

We want our 2010 team finalized and we want it now!!!!:smile:

Domeshot17
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I know we need to shore up the D, but having one of the most pathetic offenses in baseball last year doesn't scream improvement by adding Teahen and Crisp. 1 is fine, but we better add a hell of a DH to make up for this.

veeter
11-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Kenny would definitely be buying low on Crisp. I like that every move, or possible move, has been defensively oriented so far. Get a little bullpen help, then lower the boom on some offense.

spawn
11-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I know we need to shore up the D, but having one of the most pathetic offenses in baseball last year doesn't scream improvement by adding Teahen and Crisp. 1 is fine, but we better add a hell of a DH to make up for this.
Well, Crisp hasn't been added, so you may want to wait before going off the deep end.

DaveFeelsRight
11-24-2009, 03:51 PM
he has a world series ring!

russ99
11-24-2009, 03:57 PM
But really, for .250-.270 BA, .330 OBP and 25-30 SB, why wouldn't we re-sign Pods instead of Crisp, since Scott could equal or better those numbers.

Case in point - on the Baseball Reference site, Crisp's #7 closest player by age is Pods.

I'd think Scott would come cheaper than Crisp at this point, with arguably less injury concerns, which is saying something.

dickallen15
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
But really, for .250-270 BA, .330 OBP and 25-30 SB, why wouldn't we re-sign Pods instead of Crisp, since Scott could equal or better those numbers.

I'd think he'd come cheaper than Crisp at this point, with arguably less injury concerns, which is saying something.
Pods has fewer injury concerns? I think Pods defense, age work against him and I think the White Sox are pretty convinced his offense in 2009 was a mirage. I'm sure they would sign him if its reasonable, but why pay for his 2009 season in 2010 and beyond? Its not like he's an up and coming guy.

soxinem1
11-24-2009, 04:01 PM
But really, for .250-.270 BA, .330 OBP and 25-30 SB, why wouldn't we re-sign Pods instead of Crisp, since Scott could equal or better those numbers.

Case in point - on the Baseball Reference site, Crisp's #7 closest player by age is Pods.

I'd think Scott would come cheaper than Crisp at this point, with arguably less injury concerns, which is saying something.

Pods has not demonstrated any durability with the White Sox until this year. To say he can now be counted on to play 140 games and get 550 AB's might be stretching it.

Plus his defense and baserunning is still the same as it was before, and that is below-par.

I know he says he had a new conditioning regimin, but is even a two-year risk worth it?

russ99
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Pods has fewer injury concerns? I think Pods defense, age work against him and I think the White Sox are pretty convinced his offense in 2009 was a mirage. I'm sure they would sign him if its reasonable, but why pay for his 2009 season in 2010 and beyond? Its not like he's an up and coming guy.

Crisp has been beaten up the last 2 seasons.

Pods has a health regimen that got him through a MLB season injury-free. And even if Pods had an off season in 2010, he'd be right around similar optimistic numbers for Crisp, who hit .220 last year.

The only 2 things Covelli has over Scott is defense and a couple of less years of age.

But I agree if Scott and his agent were reasonable, he'd be signed already, so Kenny probably has to look elsewhere.

Domeshot17
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM

That is how baseball generally works. Like it not, Pods has all the power here. Some team is going to love that he had a great season. He was practically our team MVP last year. All year we heard the same hes gonna fall off crap, he cant keep it up crap, and he did. You can dislike his D, that is fine. The base running mistakes, those happen with lead off guys a lot who try to be aggressive. The WSI golden boy Chone Figgins was picked off more than pods last year.

If we want to go with D that is fine, but Pods is the superior offensive player. Crisp is a downgrade offensively. I like the idea we can be a defensively strong team. However, we need to also worry about being offensively strong, so to me Crisp would make little sense.

thomas35forever
11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
It would definitely solve our leadoff problem. I can see a lineup of:

LF - Crisp
2B - Beckham
CF - Rios
1B - Konerko
C - Pierzynski
DH - ??????
RF - Quentin
3B - Teahen
SS - Ramirez

tm1119
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
That is how baseball generally works. Like it not, Pods has all the power here. Some team is going to love that he had a great season. He was practically our team MVP last year. All year we heard the same hes gonna fall off crap, he cant keep it up crap, and he did. You can dislike his D, that is fine. The base running mistakes, those happen with lead off guys a lot who try to be aggressive. The WSI golden boy Chone Figgins was picked off more than pods last year.

If we want to go with D that is fine, but Pods is the superior offensive player. Crisp is a downgrade offensively. I like the idea we can be a defensively strong team. However, we need to also worry about being offensively strong, so to me Crisp would make little sense.

Maybe people were saying that Pods is going to fall off because after the only other 2 good seasons hes had in his career he did indeed fall off. Not to mention that Pods was playing for his MLB life last season. Hes going to get a nice contract to retire on this off season so who knows if the work ethic will be any where near the same.
And how can you say that Crisp is a downgrade offensively when their career #'s are almost identical? If their offensive #'s do turn out to be a wash then you still take Crisp because he is a WAY better defender who can play any OF position.

NLaloosh
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
It's just a smokescreen to get Pods to come down on his price. Kenny wants Pods and this where he'll end up.

hi im skot
11-24-2009, 04:38 PM

LF - Crisp
2B - Beckham
CF - Rios
1B - Konerko
C - Pierzynski
DH - ??????
RF - Quentin
3B - Teahen
SS - Ramirez

I find it difficult to get too excited about this line-up, especially with Rios batting third.

LoveYourSuit
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I find it difficult to get too excited about this line-up, especially with Rios batting third.

Yeah, our middle of the order there would scare no one.

We need an impact power hitter to plug in there, Thome is no longer impact material to me because of his brittle health.

oeo
11-24-2009, 04:47 PM

I don't think that's how Ozzie would draw it up. Quentin, if healthy, is obviously going to be our #3 hitter. Those players remind me a lot of our 2005 offense, though. Just kind of 'meh' all the way down, but it got the job done. If Quentin is healthy, and Rios rebounds, it could end up being a pretty dynamic offense, though.

russ99
11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't think that's how Ozzie would draw it up.

At this point, I'd think Ramirez #2 and Beckham #3, then the sluggers.

Probably:

4 - Quentin
5 - ??
6 - Konerko
7 - Rios
8- A.J.
9 - Teahen

thomas35forever
11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't think that's how Ozzie would draw it up. Quentin, if healthy, is obviously going to be our #3 hitter. Those players remind me a lot of our 2005 offense, though. Just kind of 'meh' all the way down, but it got the job done. If Quentin is healthy, and Rios rebounds, it could end up being a pretty dynamic offense, though.

Yeah, our middle of the order there would scare no one.

We need an impact power hitter to plug in there, Thome is no longer impact material to me because of his brittle health.

This is why I'll never be a big-league manager. It's harder for me to make up lineups with Thome and Dye out of the picture.

Over By There
11-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Come on now. ?????? is poised for a breakout year in the 6-hole.

DonnieDarko
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
At this point, I'd think Ramirez #2 and Beckham #3, then the sluggers.

Probably:

4 - Quentin
5 - ??
6 - Konerko
7 - Rios
8- A.J.
9 - Teahen

Why Beckham at #3 and Ramirez at #2?

Noneck
11-24-2009, 06:27 PM

LF - Crisp
2B - Beckham
CF - Rios
1B - Konerko
C - Pierzynski
DH - ??????
RF - Quentin
3B - Teahen
SS - Ramirez

They definitely need to get a leadoff guy, there is not one on their roster.

Regarding your lineup above, if the Sox don't get a real #3 (and they probably wont), Quentin has to be the 3 hitter he was in 08 or danger ahead.

JermaineDye05
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
They definitely need to get a leadoff guy, there is not one on their roster.

Regarding your lineup above, if the Sox don't get a real #3 (and they probably wont), Quentin has to be the 3 hitter he was in 08 or danger ahead.

Beckham is a #3 hitter in the making.

Noneck
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Beckham is a #3 hitter in the making.

Not yet, maybe a year or two but not next year.

Domeshot17
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Agreed

Beckham has to do better than a low 800 ops to be a solid 3. I think his home is perfect at the 2 personally.

cws05champ
11-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I think one thing that may help if they sign Matsui is the extra ad revenue the team will accrue by having Matsui on the team. I read an article that the Yankees would probably lose about $12M from some Japanese companies that currently advertise with them because of Matsui.

I don't think that the revenue would be that much with the Sox because Yankees games are broadcast more over in Japan, but I don't think there's a doubt it would help.

Plus I believe Matsui would fit in well with the lineup....

slavko
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM

Time to make a change.

Lip

It's just a smokescreen to get Pods to come down on his price. Kenny wants Pods and this where he'll end up.

I like your thinking. Yours too. This is a tough game, we have to be tough.

JermaineDye05
11-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Not yet, maybe a year or two but not next year.

I don't think Gordon's gonna let us make the decision for him.

Tragg
11-25-2009, 07:54 AM

Because pods cannot play decent defense. Pods is just as likely to kick in a c. 330 obp this year as not. That said, I'm not sure how well crisp plays d either.

As for the ex royals factor, it's the idea that if you take so many assets from a 70 win team, you might start trending that way. The royals pitchers we've gotten were awful. Superficial? Obviously. Dye didn't come directly from kc anyway. We got him from beane's very full bin of injured players.

Zisk77
11-25-2009, 08:38 AM
This is why I'll never be a big-league manager. It's harder for me to make up lineups with Thome and Dye out of the picture.

Yeah, I'm sure that is the only reason. :wink:

russ99
11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Because pods cannot play decent defense. Pods is just as likely to kick in a c. 330 obp this year as not. That said, I'm not sure how well crisp plays d either.

Funny you should mention that. Pods ranks in the top 10 for LF using the fielding metrics in the new Bill James book.

Just because he loses occasional balls at the wall and has a weak arm doesn't mean he can't play decent defense. Crisp also has a weak arm.

PalehosePlanet
11-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Funny you should mention that. Pods ranks in the top 10 for LF using the fielding metrics in the new Bill James book.

Just because he loses occasional balls at the wall and has a weak arm doesn't mean he can't play decent defense. Crisp also has a weak arm.

Pods, however, is coming off a career year while Crisp is coming off an injury shortened career bad year. I think Pods will ask for more money than Coco.

Crisp will be cheaper, he's a better baserunner, much better fielder, and is a switch hitter with near equal BA from left and right side.

No way in hell I give either of them more than two years though.

TheVulture
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Any chance he can wear his hat straight?
Any chance he can still play good baseball?

That was why Nellie_Fox was opposed to our Sox acquiring the Babe when Boston was shopping him in 1919.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/subgenius88/67525_156358_1.jpg

tm1119
11-25-2009, 10:46 PM

No idea what Bill James uses, but Podsednik's UZR was -2 last season in LF. Regardless of where that ranked, that is pretty pretty poor. Pods career UZR in all 3 OF positions is at -7.7. Again, not good. Crisp on the other hand, has a career UZR of +58. So no, anyway you look at it Pods and Crisp arent even comparable on the defensive side.

Tragg
11-26-2009, 07:59 AM

You've seen him play- you think he's a top 10 left fielder?
Where does Q, whom will shift to right, rank?

NLaloosh
11-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Where does Q, whom will shift to right, rank?

I'd like to have Pods back because of what he does offensively but the thought of an outfield of Pods, Rios and Quentin is scary.

HomeFish
11-26-2009, 08:46 AM
I look forward to attending Sox games with a "I'm coocoo for Coco" sign. Get it done, Kenny.

StillMissOzzie
11-27-2009, 01:55 AM

You, me, and 4appling on the KC newspaper forum from the OP link are all of the same thought on this, that KW courting Coco is his way of holding Pods' feet to the fire a bit, to show him that there ARE cheaper (?) alternatives, and to get his asking price down some more.

I guess I too am an old softie for keeping Pods around, but I don't think that he will have another 2009 season.

SMO
:gulp:

Mohoney
11-27-2009, 05:23 AM

If he can solidify the leadoff spot, he can wear his cap any way he wants.

Mohoney
11-27-2009, 05:30 AM

Coco Crisp is a much better defensive player, probably about $1.5 million per year better on a 2 year deal.

soxinem1
11-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Definitely not. That is main reason why I do not like these new rating systems. We know what we see, formulas or not.

Case in point, I watched a few ARI games this year and thought one of their OF's, Justin Upton, just looked horriblle in the OF. No instincts, poor throws, positioning, the whole nine yards. He even messed up routine throws back to the INF on base hits.

The announcers blamed it on his age and lack of experience, but Upton has three years in the majors.

I looked up his stats and noticed he had three times as many errors as he did assists..... as an OF.... not for the season, but for his career!

So Upton, as with Pods, would have to be ranked as poor defensive OF's, regardless of these sometimes-silly ranking systems.

russ99
11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Definitely not. That is main reason why I do not like these new rating systems. We know what we see, formulas or not.

Case in point, I watched a few ARI games this year and thought one of their OF's, Justin Upton, just looked horriblle in the OF. No instincts, poor throws, positioning, the whole nine yards. He even messed up routine throws back to the INF on base hits.

The announcers blamed it on his age and lack of experience, but Upton has three years in the majors.

I looked up his stats and noticed he had three times as many errors as he did assists..... as an OF.... not for the season, but for his career!

So Upton, as with Pods, would have to be ranked as poor defensive OF's, regardless of these sometimes-silly ranking systems.

That's misleading.

You guys remember the few bad plays where Pods misses the cutoff man or loses the ball at the wall. Those bad plays are over-magnified.

For the other hundreds of putouts, he's an average to above-average fielder.

James' numbers are based on runs saved and +/- of runs saved vs. runs allowed. Pods' range and ability to get to a lot of balls that most fielders wouldn't are what factor most here.

Pods also was 14th in voting at LF for the Defensive Bible awards.

He's never going to be a gold glover, but we could do a lot worse in LF.

dickallen15
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
That's misleading.

You guys remember the few bad plays where Pods misses the cutoff man or loses the ball at the wall. Those bad plays are over-magnified.

James' numbers are based on runs saved and +/- of runs saved vs. runs allowed. Pods' range and ability to get to a lot of balls that most fielders wouldn't are what factor most here.

He's horrid and is notoriously afraid of being near the wall. I read one scouting report saying Pods approaches the OF wall like it has electricity running through it. He blew a play in Minnesota that most high school LF would make.

SaltyPretzel
11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
He's horrid and is notoriously afraid of being near the wall. I read one scouting report saying Pods approaches the OF wall like it has electricity running through it. He blew a play in Minnesota that most high school LF would make.

Probably because of that time he was punched in the face at Yankee Stadium:

http://cdn.ebaumnation.com/2009/03/19/scott-podsedniks-punch-out.web.jpg

soxinem1
11-27-2009, 08:20 PM
That's misleading.

No, we just remember the dozens of times his throws couldn't reach the target without bouncing seven times to get there, or his having to reach out for the wall like someone who uses a seeing-eye dog.

As far as the DBA, did you see who he was 'competing' with? And 14th is nothing to be proud of. It's like an '8th Place Ribbon', whoopie!

Daver
11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
No, we just remember the dozens of times his throws couldn't reach the target without bouncing seven times to get there, or his having to reach out for the wall like someone who uses a seeing-eye dog.

As far as the DBA, did you see who he was 'competing' with? And 14th is nothing to be proud of. It's like an '8th Place Ribbon', whoopie!

Yet people will gloss over the fact that Carlos Lee had to resort to standing on the warning track to keep from looking like an idiot in left field, probably from the misguided perception that he hit well for the position.

areilly
11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
For a second there I was worried the Sox would be linked to good players this winter. What a relief.

SOXSINCE'70
11-28-2009, 04:50 PM

But he hung onto the ball for an out!

soxinem1
11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
For a second there I was worried the Sox would be linked to good players this winter. What a relief.

We have just signed two guys that have about 20 All-Star appearances between them. One is a potential HOF'er. What more do you want??:smile:

areilly
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
We have just signed two guys that have about 20 All-Star appearances between them. One is a potential HOF'er. What more do you want??:smile:

With all due respect to the greatness those two performed with regularity three, five, ten years ago, I want moves that signal upgrades, not admissions of impending defeat at two crucial positions four months before the 2010 season even starts.

But I am also cynical, even by White Sox fan standards. So take it for what it's worth.

cards press box
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Man, some Yankee fans are just flat out annoying!

JermaineDye05
12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Crisp interested in signing with the Sox

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-09-white-sox-chicago-dec09,0,4636042.story)

Of course we did hear the same thing from Torii Hunter so nothing is set in stone.

soxfanreggie
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Of course we did hear the same thing from Torii Hunter so nothing is set in stone.

Hunter also had a lot more demand than Crisp. I bet that nobody swoops in with a 5-year deal for him.