PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Sox Season Tix Renewal Pymts Due Today

RealFan
11-20-2009, 04:11 PM
If you haven't already paid at least 50% of the value of your season ticket package, that payment (to get you to at least 50%) is due today.

I just renewed my four seats. How about you? Curious to hear what others actually did now that decision day is here...

dickallen15
11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I renewed. It was never in doubt, but Omar Vizquel really pushed it over the top. If they can bring back Corky Miller, I may have to add additional seats.

Bob G
11-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I renewed today but went with the 30/30/40 option to spread out the payments.

chisoxfanatic
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I did not renew. I'm going to have to use that money for some car repairs and I want to go to a ton of Hawks games.

DumpJerry
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I tried to renew online. I had a new credit card number. Ticketmonster failed to create a field for entering CC numbers (they had one for expiration date and the security code). I called my rep and he took the info over the phone. He said things were pretty crazy busy today and this was at 10:00 a.m.

dakuda
11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
The day came and went (almost) without me spending a dime.

After considering coughing up the dough, I was not satisfied with the way my father was treated at the park (he is disabled). It may have been an isolated incident, but it happened a couple times. Oh well, it saves me money this way.

soxfan21
11-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I paid mine off in full about 2 weeks ago, really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Gammons Peter
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
did not renew

Mr.Creosote
11-20-2009, 09:36 PM
DAYAMM! Already? I need to go to "my guy" tomorrow to make sure he's still gonna do the whole season thing (he was on the fence last spring).

I'm a "silent partner" for 18-20 games a year because the seats are great. We've been doing this since 2005 (some luck was involved there). I realize I don't have any rights as a "Season Ticket Holder" (since the seats are in his name) but it's a nice way to get games with good seats without having to go through the 15 year waiting period to be able to sit where we want.

I've never asked but I think I'm the only one that gives a commitment, and the money, for all the games up front. I know a few times he's been stiffed for at least five games. That means he's giving the box office a grand for nothing.

chisoxfanatic
11-20-2009, 09:44 PM
DAYAMM! Already? I need to go to "my guy" tomorrow to make sure he's still gonna do the whole season thing (he was on the fence last spring).

I'm a "silent partner" for 18-20 games a year because the seats are great. We've been doing this since 2005 (some luck was involved there). I realize I don't have any rights as a "Season Ticket Holder" (since the seats are in his name) but it's a nice way to get games with good seats without having to go through the 15 year waiting period to be able to sit where we want.

I've never asked but I think I'm the only one that gives a commitment, and the money, for all the games up front. I know a few times he's been stiffed for at least five games. That means he's giving the box office a grand for nothing.
There is no "waiting period" for outstanding upgrades. You just need a highly proactive ticket rep. I never wanted to move when I had season tickets, though, because I grew to enjoy the camaraderie of everyone around me.

Scottiehaswheels
11-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Amazingly or not, I still haven't heard a peep from my new rep that I got last year. I wondered if the deadline passing would have warranted a call or email. Apparently not. I am going to purchase 3 weekend plans in March and will request someone other than the guy/gal I have now.

dickallen15
11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Amazingly or not, I still haven't heard a peep from my new rep that I got last year. I wondered if the deadline passing would have warranted a call or email. Apparently not. I am going to purchase 3 weekend plans in March and will request someone other than the guy/gal I have now.

No surprise. A guy who actually gets some good reviews on this board is my rep. I haven't talked to him yet. Its been 2 seasons. The guy I had before him I didn't talk to for 5 seasons except when he wanted me to move to worse seats, then suddenly he contacted me. The guy I had before that was awesome. He would call me just to see how everything was. I really think the White Sox need their reps to get back to good old fashioned customer service. Maybe talk to the people and act like they care before the renewal date, not scramble when people miss the deadline. Considering the economy, and how the team spends is at least somewhat predicated on season ticket renewals, you would think they would contact us to see what we were thinking, what kinds of compliments and criticisms we have, but I guess they don't operate like that anymore, just send you a Buerhle poster and hope for the best. What exactly do they pay these reps to do? I don't know how many accounts each rep has, but a personal call or email at least once or twice a season shouldn't be too difficult. I've had an account longer than most reps have worked for the White Sox. I guarantee you if I called my rep he would have to look me up to have any idea who I was. It was a lot different 10 years ago.

DumpJerry
11-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I got an email from the team. Check your spam settings, maybe it was sent to your junk folder.

dickallen15
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
I got an email from the team. Check your spam settings, maybe it was sent to your junk folder.

A mass email sent to everyone is pretty weak. Since the end of the season, and probably way before that, these reps should have been on the phones and sending personal emails to their accounts. The fact that you have to check your spam settings for White Sox information as a season ticketholder is insulting. What's next, automated calls with a robot souding voice on the other end telling you to pay your balance?Go back to the old way instead of mailing it in. Form letters are convenient, but personal contact is more effective. If I ran that office, I guarantee you every rep would know their accounts and every account would know their rep. That is simply not the case anymore and has not been since at least 2004.

DumpJerry
11-21-2009, 10:55 AM
My rep called me during the season to see how things are going. Thank goodness it went to my voicemail. After all, what did I have to say? I don't think he wanted to know how my day was going or if I had a slight cold that kept me in bed that morning. I had my tickets in hand, what more did I need from the team? A contract to play Center Field?

All I expect is to get the invoice and tickets when they are issued. I have friends whom I can call if I need to let them know "how things are going."

Now, if my rep was Kenny Williams, then I might talk to him since he has the authority to change things on the team.......

dickallen15
11-21-2009, 11:13 AM
My rep called me during the season to see how things are going. Thank goodness it went to my voicemail. After all, what did I have to say? I don't think he wanted to know how my day was going or if I had a slight cold that kept me in bed that morning. I had my tickets in hand, what more did I need from the team? A contract to play Center Field?

All I expect is to get the invoice and tickets when they are issued. I have friends whom I can call if I need to let them know "how things are going."

Now, if my rep was Kenny Williams, then I might talk to him since he has the authority to change things on the team.......

That's you, everyone is different. When I had a guy who called to make sure everything was OK and if I had any suggestions, or sent an email with some updates instead of something that was sent out to everyone it was nice. I don't want a lot of calls or emails either, but one or two a year would be nice, When he was promoted, he sent a personal email to everyone telling us about his move and who would take over the account. That is the last non mass email I ever received from the White Sox. I believe that was right before the start of the 2003 season. I would bet anything if Brad Dreher was the rep of the people here not renewing, as long as it wasn't anything like they just didn't have the money, they would renew. The poster who had problems with how his father was treated, he would get to the bottom of it and fix it.

What's funny is with non renewals, if there are a lot of them, they will be peppered with phone calls and emails trying to win them back. I haven't had Bulls season tickets since the 98-99 season. I get more calls and more attention from them even though they draw well now, than I did when I was spending thousands with them, including the disasterous first year of Tim Floyd.

I'm really a low maintenence type of guy. Ask my wife. I just think the level of "service" from season ticket reps and gone right down the toilet the past 6 or 7 years. It may be the guys my account was assigned, but it seems many have the same issues.

Chez
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I renewed, but along the way someone stole my remittance out of the mail, called me while I was under the gun at work claiming to be the assistant to my rep. (her name was on the remittance form), got me to give him my home address (stupid me), and then ran up about 20K in fraudulent charges on the credit card number I provided with my remittance! Fortunately, my credit card company (Chase) was terrific about everything and I'm not on the hook. So yes, I renewed -- but it was a partially self-inflicted ordeal. And no, none of you can have my new credit card number. :smile:

Scottiehaswheels
11-21-2009, 11:37 AM
No surprise. A guy who actually gets some good reviews on this board is my rep. I haven't talked to him yet. Its been 2 seasons. The guy I had before him I didn't talk to for 5 seasons except when he wanted me to move to worse seats, then suddenly he contacted me. The guy I had before that was awesome. He would call me just to see how everything was. I really think the White Sox need their reps to get back to good old fashioned customer service. Maybe talk to the people and act like they care before the renewal date, not scramble when people miss the deadline. Considering the economy, and how the team spends is at least somewhat predicated on season ticket renewals, you would think they would contact us to see what we were thinking, what kinds of compliments and criticisms we have, but I guess they don't operate like that anymore, just send you a Buerhle poster and hope for the best. What exactly do they pay these reps to do? I don't know how many accounts each rep has, but a personal call or email at least once or twice a season shouldn't be too difficult. I've had an account longer than most reps have worked for the White Sox. I guarantee you if I called my rep he would have to look me up to have any idea who I was. It was a lot different 10 years ago.Yeah, I do get the general Sox emails... Bleh... I had Tom before but I think the guy/gal I "have" now is Renyl or something to that effect. I'm not sure how these guys/gals are paid but it sure as hell can't be commission based unless they like the poor house?

voodoochile
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
A mass email sent to everyone is pretty weak. Since the end of the season, and probably way before that, these reps should have been on the phones and sending personal emails to their accounts. The fact that you have to check your spam settings for White Sox information as a season ticketholder is insulting. What's next, automated calls with a robot souding voice on the other end telling you to pay your balance?Go back to the old way instead of mailing it in. Form letters are convenient, but personal contact is more effective. If I ran that office, I guarantee you every rep would know their accounts and every account would know their rep. That is simply not the case anymore and has not been since at least 2004.

So you want the Sox to spend more money on ticket reps and phone calls and leave less money for the player budget?

There are what 15000 season ticket holders or something. What you are suggesting is not cost effective. E-mails cover the same information and do it less expensively.

I cannot believe that a fan of the team with season ticket holders wouldn't have their account set to feed all Sox e-mails to a relevant folder.

Beyond that, who deletes their spam folder without even checking it?

And finally, if you don't like a lot of spam, why do you use your main e-mail account to sign up for Internet accounts. I have a Hotmail account I specifically use just for signing up for crap so all the crap it generates goes to it and I can check it once a week to see if anything interesting came in I had to know about, delete the crap and get on with my life. When I buy something I go there and check the inbox to read the confirmation e-mail and otherwise can pretty much ignore it.

If someone missed and e-mail from the Sox, that's their own damned fault.

TomBradley72
11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm a former "partial" season ticket holder...stopped renewing after 2007 for various reasons....I did receive a"we want you back" direct mail piece this week...it was completely "amateur hour" in the quality of the piece and the way it was laid out....looked like something from a Junior High marketing project.

I think the WSox marketing team peaked with "Grinder Rules", etc. in 2005.

Harry Potter
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM

I got the "how things are going" cold call as well during the year. My rep told me that if I ever had any questions to call or e-mail him, to which I reminded him that we had e-mailed back and forth a few times already last year. Definitely catching him off guard, he replied, "oh yeah, that's right."

I've had 3 different ticket reps the past 4 seasons and the jury is still out on this latest guy.

dickallen15
11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
So you want the Sox to spend more money on ticket reps and phone calls and leave less money for the player budget?

There are what 15000 season ticket holders or something. What you are suggesting is not cost effective. E-mails cover the same information and do it less expensively.

I cannot believe that a fan of the team with season ticket holders wouldn't have their account set to feed all Sox e-mails to a relevant folder.

Beyond that, who deletes their spam folder without even checking it?

And finally, if you don't like a lot of spam, why do you use your main e-mail account to sign up for Internet accounts. I have a Hotmail account I specifically use just for signing up for crap so all the crap it generates goes to it and I can check it once a week to see if anything interesting came in I had to know about, delete the crap and get on with my life. When I buy something I go there and check the inbox to read the confirmation e-mail and otherwise can pretty much ignore it.

If someone missed and e-mail from the Sox, that's their own damned fault.

There are 15,000 season tickets, not 15,000 season ticket accounts. If these "reps" don't serve a purpose and don't have to contact their accounts, why exactly are they on the payroll? What is their role? There are probably about 5000 or so actual accounts. As far as spending money, you're joking correct? You could probably add 2 or 3 more reps if they had to, for less than they pay a Sept. call up. I've been a season ticketholder for a long time, so I know how it was when they actually paid attention to the accounts. Its not cost prohibitive at all. Its just asking the reps to be reps. Each rep easily has enough time to send their accounts one or two emails or calls a year. How were they able to keep up before the internet? And if personal account execs are cost prohibitive, why do they use it as a season ticketholder benefit?

DumpJerry
11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a feeling that the Sox personnel lurking this thread are chuckling over some of our estimations of how many season ticket accounts there are since none of us have access to the actual number.

Adding additional reps to the staff would not be a huge increase in resource expenditure if they bring in new business because they work on commission. However, there is an infinite number of season seats available, so adding additional staff to merely service existing accounts would be a drain on resources.

This is the first time I've had the same rep as the previous year. All my previous reps were either an intern or got promoted. I usually got an email or letter letting me know of the change. My current rep, Scott, has been very responsive the few times I called or emailed him, no complaints here. When I call him out of the clear blue (I think I've done that maybe twice over the past 12 months), he acts like I'm his only account. He has a good future in sales.

Scottiehaswheels
11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Not saying they should do anything like this as I realize there is a huge discrepancy between the amount of games played, but I'm also a 4-seat Colts Season ticket holder. I get an email from my rep before every game, then a preview of the game, and then a re-cap after the game as well. Also get first crack at any tickets returned by the visiting team. I've been a Sox ticket holder since 2004 and the only rep I had that contacted me personally was Tom.

seasontickets
11-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I had Tyler Johnson last year and he was great. I met him and he treated me well. Now I wanted to upgrade my seats and he wont answer my calls or messages. I still havent payed my invoice, but I dont think that will be a problem, with all these people droping. But still wonder if Tyler works there, because he still has a message. I'll just have to call the front desk Mon. and pay the damn thing and ask about better seats.

chisoxfanatic
11-21-2009, 07:24 PM
This is the first time I've had the same rep as the previous year. All my previous reps were either an intern or got promoted. I usually got an email or letter letting me know of the change. My current rep, Scott, has been very responsive the few times I called or emailed him, no complaints here. When I call him out of the clear blue (I think I've done that maybe twice over the past 12 months), he acts like I'm his only account. He has a good future in sales.
I'll have to add another good word about Scott. He always returned my emails and calls the same day. He also was a big help in organizing a group outing I organized for a game this past season (he personally met me in the lobby for the money/tickets exchange). Then, a couple weeks later, another WSIer left an extra pass with Scott to the Blackhawks' "meet and greet" before Blackhawks Night, and he remembered who I was, greeted me by name, and asked how things were in my seat. He seemed genuinely concerned. Even though I no longer will be a season ticket holder, I did have a great experience with Scott as my ticket rep for the last 3 of my 5 years as a season ticket holder.

Brian26
11-21-2009, 09:02 PM
From the 2008 White Sox Media Guide:

Account Executives, Ticket Services: Rob Boaz, Jeff Bogacki, Dave Eklin, Scott Gbur, Tyler Johnson, Brian Jordan, Natalie McSharry, Daniel Render.

There are also three account execs listed for group sales.

Natalie used to be my account rep when we had season tickets. Tyler Johnson has been mentioned in this thread. So, we know these names are legitimate. That's approximately eight reps for 5,000 accounts (for the sake of argument; it may be more in reality). Let's say there are ten reps total. Each rep would be in charge of 500 accounts.

I think people are expecting a little too much from these reps in terms of personal calls.

jamokes
11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
If the account executives work on commission, what kinda money are they making?

soxfanreggie
11-21-2009, 11:18 PM

You could equally argue that good reps could help sell additional seats, get STH to upgrade to more expensive seats, etc. Then, wouldn't that generate additional money to spend on the player budget?

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 02:26 AM
I had Tyler Johnson last year and he was great. I met him and he treated me well. Now I wanted to upgrade my seats and he wont answer my calls or messages. I still havent payed my invoice, but I dont think that will be a problem, with all these people droping. But still wonder if Tyler works there, because he still has a message. I'll just have to call the front desk Mon. and pay the damn thing and ask about better seats.

Four or five WSIers dropping their tickets are not "all these people dropping." I'm sure there is an over 95% renewal rate. Even after 2007, there was a high renewal rate. Sure, you can pay your invoice still, but you have lost your seats to someone new who made a deposit already. Oh well, live an learn.

Good luck finding out that private information.

You could equally argue that good reps could help sell additional seats, get STH to upgrade to more expensive seats, etc. Then, wouldn't that generate additional money to spend on the player budget?

The higher grade the seats, the less their availability for movement. If you have Lower Box and want Premier Seats (121-143), good luck. Those don't open up in large numbers.

Additional money would not be raised to spend on player salaries since the higher priced (except JB Club) seats are all sold out (i.e., the revenue is already maximized).

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Account Executives, Ticket Services: Rob Boaz, Jeff Bogacki, Dave Eklin, Scott Gbur, Tyler Johnson, Brian Jordan, Natalie McSharry, Daniel Render.

Natalie used to be my account rep when we had season tickets. Tyler Johnson has been mentioned in this thread. So, we know these names are legitimate. That's approximately eight reps for 5,000 accounts (for the sake of argument; it may be more in reality). Let's say there are ten reps total. Each rep would be in charge of 500 accounts.

I think people are expecting a little too much from these reps in terms of personal calls.

500 accounts per rep, personal call or email once or twice a year is asking too much? That would be contacting about 2 accounts a day? What else do they do? At my job, I easily go through 200 emails a day and I'm not a customer service guy.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 10:38 AM
500 accounts per rep, personal call or email once or twice a year is asking too much? That would be contacting about 2 accounts a day? What else do they do? At my job, I easily go through 200 emails a day and I'm not a customer service guy.

so you want another e-mail that is little more than a "hey, what's up?" sort of thing?

i view a rep as the contact point for any issues/questions i may have. i don't need them contacting me. i wouldn't be mad if they contacted me but it isn't like it is a necessity or i feel like i am getting any less of a service. folks can purchase season tickets online and then randomly get assigned to a rep. the whole thing is set up to be impersonal from the get-go.

:shrug:

voodoochile
11-22-2009, 10:45 AM

so you want another e-mail that is little more than a "hey, what's up?" sort of thing?

i view a rep as the contact point for any issues/questions i may have. i don't need them contacting me. i wouldn't be mad if they contacted me but it isn't like it is a necessity or i feel like i am getting any less of a service. folks can purchase season tickets online and then randomly get assigned to a rep. the whole thing is set up to be impersonal from the get-go.

I don't get it either. There's one guy complaining because he didn't set his e-mail account to receive stuff from the White Sox and is upset that it's a mass e-mail. Another guy whined because they actually had the audacity to send him a "we want you back" letter that wasn't up to his personal standards. Another guy wants the account reps to contact people personally a few times a year which ignores the original intent of the discussion which is should they be calling people right now to remind them which would require a lot more than a few people a day and might just upset people who have already sent in their money as it could be perceived as pestering.

It's just another excuse to bash the organization, IMO.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't get it either. There's one guy complaining because he didn't set his e-mail account to receive stuff from the White Sox and is upset that it's a mass e-mail. Another guy whined because they actually had the audacity to send him a "we want you back" letter that wasn't up to his personal standards. Another guy wants the account reps to contact people personally a few times a year which ignores the original intent of the discussion which is should they be calling people right now to remind them which would require a lot more than a few people a day and might just upset people who have already sent in their money as it could be perceived as pestering.

i guess i'm their "client" but it isn't like i interviewed different reps and picked the best one for me. tom sheridan looked deep into his heart and assigned me a rep based on the order in which my call was received.

i also think reps should hold people's hand when they walk into the park or at a minimum, wash their car a couple times a year. this is the 21st century, we have the technology.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM

You're confused. I am complaining about the lack of customer service these "reps" provide. I do get my email from the White Sox. I just think its pretty sad the only communication you get from them when they advertise a perk of season tickets is a personal account exec, you have to fiddle with your spam settings to receive.

Why would they have to wait until the last minute to contact people? Why couldn't they have started contacting people, selling them on renewing a month and a half ago?

Considering the budget has already been determined so the amount of new accounts and renewals has already been predicted, is there one season ticketholder that was contacted about their plans? I know I wasn't.

If they had been in contact with season ticketholders, building at least a little relationship, the renewal rate would be higher, and the amount of calls they make trying to bring people back would be lower.

You say they don't have the time to call people. Why did I receive at least 10 calls from the Bulls this season from a guy just "wanting to talk hoops" on my voicemail. Where does he have the time.

Last year I had a Hull plan with the Blackhawks. They have no problem selling tickets. I received at least 3 calls trying to bring me back into the fold.

One other thing you may want to know about the contact. There is a section for season ticketholders on whitesox.com website to manage their tickets. There also is a contact form that supposedly sends emails to your rep. Guess what? When I tried 3 times to contact my rep using that form I never received a response. I was later told that the feature didn't work. They didn't get those emails. Maybe it was just BS because the are all so busy.

Its funny people who don't spend any money on the team complain about the people who do spend thousands on the team just wanting one or two emails or calls a year.

The people with tickets that post on this board are a little different than your typical season ticketholder that isn't a corporate account. Most people on this board are top of the line fanatics. As a guy who has had season tickets probably as long as anyone on this board, I can tell you without a doubt, service has slipped. Maybe its just my reps. My current one has been praised on this thread. The one before has been ripped on this board and never praised, maybe they have other responsibilities, but the service is no where near the level it used to be.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 11:06 AM

A friend of mine in 2009 moved from the club level down to the lower level. They sent him both sets of tickets before the season started. He tried contacting his rep to see what they wanted him to do. He could never get a hold of him.

I just want to know what these reps do all day. Its not like they are spending 8 hours a day cold calling trying to sell a pro-rated plan.

I renewed and most likely will always renew unless there's something physically wrong with me or something happens to my finances. I just think a little personal touch, considering they used to do it, would go a long way. Nothing much. I'm talking about something that would take 2 minutes a year to provide.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
You're confused. I am complaining about the lack of customer service these "reps" provide. I do get my email from the White Sox. I just think its pretty sad the only communication you get from them when they advertise a perk of season tickets is a personal account exec, you have to fiddle with your spam settings to receive.

i've never had to fiddle with spam settings for sox e-mails. they always have gone into my regular inbox.

as for the "perks", what are you expecting? once the tickets are in hand, there really isn't a need to talk to a rep, unless there is a problem. my contact with reps has been limited to:

a. asking if i could bring my infant son to grinder bash
b. adding a seat for the 2008 season

i'll be talking to them again when i add another seat for this season but once that is complete, what else is there to say?

Why would they have to wait until the last minute to contact people? Why couldn't they have started contacting people, selling them on renewing a month and a half ago?they did contact folks about a month ago...when they mailed out invoices.

Considering the budget has already been determined so the amount of new accounts and renewals has already been predicted, is there one season ticketholder that was contacted about their plans? I know I wasn't.i wasn't either but i renewed fairly early. for longstanding ticket holders, is there really a need to be contacted?

If they had been in contact with season ticketholders, building at least a little relationship, the renewal rate would be higher, and the amount of calls they make trying to bring people back would be lower.c'mon, the biggest influence on the decision to renew is time and money. no one is going to renew just because the have some type of relationship with a rep. on the flip side, anyone deciding NOT to renew becuase their rep didn't contact them enough probably wasn't looking to renew anyway.

You say they don't have the time to call people. Why did I receive at least 10 calls from the Bulls this season from a guy just "wanting to talk hoops" on my voicemail. Where does he have the time.same thing happened to me. i went to one bulls game two years ago and for the next 18 months i got voice mails asking how the experience was, wanting to talk about future games, blah, blah, blah...and it annoyed the hell out of me.

One other thing you may want to know about the contact. There is a section for season ticketholders on whitesox.com website to manage their tickets. There also is a contact form that supposedly sends emails to your rep. Guess what? When I tried 3 times to contact my rep using that form I never received a response. I was later told that the feature didn't work. They didn't get those emails. Maybe it was just BS because the are all so busy.

if i really need to talk to my rep. i call. always. they get just as many e-mails as the rest of us and it takes time to get to them all. my calls get returned, typically within a few hours. if not, i call back until they answer.

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Why would they have to wait until the last minute to contact people? Why couldn't they have started contacting people, selling them on renewing a month and a half ago?

Considering the budget has already been determined so the amount of new accounts and renewals has already been predicted, is there one season ticketholder that was contacted about their plans? I know I wasn't.

If they had been in contact with season ticketholders, building at least a little relationship, the renewal rate would be higher, and the amount of calls they make trying to bring people back would be lower.

You say they don't have the time to call people. Why did I receive at least 10 calls from the Bulls this season from a guy just "wanting to talk hoops" on my voicemail. Where does he have the time.

Last year I had a Hull plan with the Blackhawks. They have no problem selling tickets. I received at least 3 calls trying to bring me back into the fold.

Its funny people who don't spend any money on the team complain about the people who do spend thousands on the team just wanting one or two emails or calls a year.
It's a matter of perception. Like Itsnotrequired, I view the rep as the person to ask questions of when I need information about my account. You are given your rep's email many different times, so why can't you email him?

As far as other teams are concerned, remember it was not too long ago the Hawks and Bulls were residing somewhere below the sewer line. It is only in the past two seasons or so that either one them had a measure of success which is what sells tickets. Ever since the Bulls got "good," I have not received any cold calls from them (which I got being a Sox ST holder).

The Sox do not need to call people to remind them to renew. Over 90% of us renew each year and those who don't usually don't because they can't afford it, moved away from the area or got disgusted with how the team is doing. There is no saleperson on the planet who can turn around those reasons into a sale. This is not a situation where we are choosing between the Sox and Cubs as far as whose season tickets we will buy. That is why you get calls from car dealers, insurance agents, etc. trying to keep/get your business. Sports team season ticket sales are for the team, and the team's performance is what drives sales. When it comes to season ticket purchases, your loyalty is to the team, not the notion of having season tickets to whichever team offers you the most attention or price. When buying a car or insurance, your loyalty is to the person who offers the best deal on the same product offered by more than one vendor.

Why/how would a call from a sales rep persuade you to renew if the Sox were 62-100 last year with no trades on the horizon? Likewise, if the Sox win the World Series, are you going to not renew because you did not get enough "attention" from your rep? Get real.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 11:30 AM
i've never had to fiddle with spam settings for sox e-mails. they always have gone into my regular inbox.

as for the "perks", what are you expecting? once the tickets are in hand, there really isn't a need to talk to a rep, unless there is a problem. my contact with reps has been limited to:

a. asking if i could bring my infant son to grinder bash
b. adding a seat for the 2008 season

i'll be talking to them again when i add another seat for this season but once that is complete, what else is there to say?

they did contact folks about a month ago...when they mailed out invoices.

i wasn't either but i renewed fairly early. for longstanding ticket holders, is there really a need to be contacted?

c'mon, the biggest influence on the decision to renew is time and money. no one is going to renew just because the have some type of relationship with a rep. on the flip side, anyone deciding NOT to renew becuase their rep didn't contact them enough probably wasn't looking to renew anyway.

same thing happened to me. i went to one bulls game two years ago and for the next 18 months i got voice mails asking how the experience was, wanting to talk about future games, blah, blah, blah...and it annoyed the hell out of me.

if i really need to talk to my rep. i call. always. they get just as many e-mails as the rest of us and it takes time to get to them all. my calls get returned, typically within a few hours. if not, i call back until they answer.

Call me crazy, but I think using a formula they have used in the past to determine what kind of renewal rate and what kind of money is available to spend on players this year is out of touch. These are times that haven't been seen before. 11% unemployment in IL. Corps ending sponsorships, how many will be dropping their season tickets? Last year they had playoff money. This year they had some but not nearly what they had last year. Mailing out invoices doesn't determine what the renewal rate is. If time and money are the only reasons you think people renew or don't renew, I take it you aren't in sales or have anything to do with anything near sales. Obviously reps change. For some almost yearly, so the rep doesn't have to be your buddy. If someone is sort of strapped for cash or can go either way on tickets, its not out of the realm of possiblity that if they think the White Sox really care about their little account they will renew.

Maybe its just a case of having something taken away that bothers me. The ticketholder party is nice, but is it as nice as when you could go on the field? Was it as nice as the year they let you take batting practice? I don't complain about that. I understand the field gets trashed, but customer service is a very important element of a business. If they don't have time to contact accounts when they are season ticketholders, its funny how they will suddenly find it once they decide not to renew.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
It's a matter of perception. Like Itsnotrequired, I view the rep as the person to ask questions of when I need information about my account. You are given your rep's email many different times, so why can't you email him?

As far as other teams are concerned, remember it was not too long ago the Hawks and Bulls were residing somewhere below the sewer line. It is only in the past two seasons or so that either one them had a measure of success which is what sells tickets. Ever since the Bulls got "good," I have not received any cold calls from them (which I got being a Sox ST holder).

The Sox do not need to call people to remind them to renew. Over 90% of us renew each year and those who don't usually don't because they can't afford it, moved away from the area or got disgusted with how the team is doing. There is no saleperson on the planet who can turn around those reasons into a sale. This is not a situation where we are choosing between the Sox and Cubs as far as whose season tickets we will buy. That is why you get calls from car dealers, insurance agents, etc. trying to keep/get your business. Sports team season ticket sales are for the team, and the team's performance is what drives sales. When it comes to season ticket purchases, your loyalty is to the team, not the notion of having season tickets to whichever team offers you the most attention or price. When buying a car or insurance, your loyalty is to the person who offers the best deal on the same product offered by more than one vendor.

Why/how would a call from a sales rep persuade you to renew if the Sox were 62-100 last year with no trades on the horizon? Likewise, if the Sox win the World Series, are you going to not renew because you did not get enough "attention" from your rep? Get real.

Salesmen sell. One summer I worked selling opera subscriptions and renewals. Everyone of our people who didn't renew we gave to a little woman with red hair to call. People didn't like the operas coming. They thought it was too hot etc. This woman would get at least 80% of them to renew. She was unreal. Maybe people on whitesox message boards you can't convince to change their minds, but there are plenty who can.

As for email my reps. I tried that. It didn't work. I tried calling. I left voicemails. It didn't work. I called the main number. I tried telling them I don't need to speak to my specific rep, but a quick question. It didn't work. I tried having my rep changed. It didn't work. Its not like I hound them. I've had 2 questions the past 6 seasons. I've tried maybe 15 times with various phone calls and emails to get those 2 questions answered. It didn't work.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Call me crazy, but I think using a formula they have used in the past to determine what kind of renewal rate and what kind of money is available to spend on players this year is out of touch. These are times that haven't been seen before. 11% unemployment in IL. Corps ending sponsorships, how many will be dropping their season tickets? Last year they had playoff money. This year they had some but not nearly what they had last year. Mailing out invoices doesn't determine what the renewal rate is. If time and money are the only reasons you think people renew or don't renew, I take it you aren't in sales or have anything to do with anything near sales. Obviously reps change. For some almost yearly, so the rep doesn't have to be your buddy. If someone is sort of strapped for cash or can go either way on tickets, its not out of the realm of possiblity that if they think the White Sox really care about their little account they will renew.

Maybe its just a case of having something taken away that bothers me. The ticketholder party is nice, but is it as nice as when you could go on the field? Was it as nice as the year they let you take batting practice? I don't complain about that. I understand the field gets trashed, but customer service is a very important element of a business. If they don't have time to contact accounts when they are season ticketholders, its funny how they will suddenly find it once they decide not to renew.

it's like dump said: people spending money on sox season tickets are committed to the sox. it isn't like there is any competition where people are going to say "the sox don't care about their fans, i'm going to go get cubs season tickets". they are the only game in town, as far as sox fans are concerned. people buy season tickets because they like the sox, not because they like season tickets.

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
As for email my reps. I tried that. It didn't work. I tried calling. I left voicemails. It didn't work. I called the main number. I tried telling them I don't need to speak to my specific rep, but a quick question. It didn't work. I tried having my rep changed. It didn't work. Its not like I hound them. I've had 2 questions the past 6 seasons. I've tried maybe 15 times with various phone calls and emails to get those 2 questions answered. It didn't work.
The only time I had difficulty reaching a rep was in early Nov. 2005. Wonder why.

seasontickets
11-22-2009, 11:50 AM

I just want to know what these reps do all day. Its not like they are spending 8 hours a day cold calling trying to sell a pro-rated plan.

\.

I've thought the same thing many a times.

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 11:51 AM
it's like dump said: people spending money on sox season tickets are committed to the sox. it isn't like there is any competition where people are going to say "the sox don't care about their fans, i'm going to go get cubs season tickets". they are the only game in town, as far as sox fans are concerned. people buy season tickets because they like the sox, not because they like season tickets.
Bingo. I sell about three dozen or so of my games (I have a full season plan) each year. I buy season tickets so that I know I have tickets to the games I want to see without worry about sell-outs or poor availability. If I knew I could get good seats to important games like Opening Day, important September games, etc., without spending money on a season ticket invoice, I would gladly go that route. However, the reality is that to get good seats at big games without spending a ton on StubHub (which, depending on how many tickets you buy there, could be more than a season ticket invoice), is to buy a ST plan.

Rep does not call me to remind to buy? So what? I know when the money is due. I don't need a guy working on commission telling me to send it in.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Salesmen sell. One summer I worked selling opera subscriptions and renewals. Everyone of our people who didn't renew we gave to a little woman with red hair to call. People didn't like the operas coming. They thought it was too hot etc. This woman would get at least 80% of them to renew. She was unreal. Maybe people on whitesox message boards you can't convince to change their minds, but there are plenty who can.

but you are describing a reactionary tactic. it isn't possible to proactively call people that might not renew. now, would that proactive call have prevented someone from even contemplating not renewing? possibly, but i doubt it.

renewing for me is a no-brainer right now. i have a lot of friends there and my kids love going to games. pretty much all that would keep me from renewing is money and time.

Lundind1
11-22-2009, 12:07 PM

The ballclub that I worked for paid the ticket sales reps a base salary plus commissions on all sales.

Lundind1
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM

After 2008, Tyler and a few other account reps were moved into new roles within the organization. If you look at this place on the Sox website, it will point you in the right direction: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/sth/index.jsp?loc=contact

They also have a team of interns that help with account maintenance and they also do some sales.

I know for a fact that they handle a large volume of calls and do other sales as the season draws near or while they are in season. I am okay with the fact that when I call my rep, it will take at least 4 hours to get back to me. Patience is key.

DSpivack
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Went to HS with Dan, he's in law school now.

WhiffleBall
11-22-2009, 02:17 PM
It's supply and demand. The reps were much more responsive and proactive before 2005 because there were a ton of season tickets available. I remember receiving multiple calls during the 2005 season asking if I wanted to upgrade to full season tickets (they stopped around August). That all changed when we won the WS. They actually sold out of season tickets before the 2006 season and started a waiting list. So instead of needing those reps call and e-mail possible season ticket holders they were switched to supporting the current, now enormous, batch of season ticket holders.

Another thing that has changed is that you can check out season ticket availability and pay for it online. That pretty much eliminates two of the biggest tasks for these reps. Now they are more of customer service agents rather than salespeople. Instead of hiring a bunch of these customer service/sales rep they have decided that an internet model will work best (online season ticket application, canned e-mail updates, etc).

Personally the only thing I need my rep for is to make sure I get all the season ticket holder perks and for a seat upgrade. The seat upgrade process is what really needs to be fixed. There has to be a better way of handling upgrades. How do other teams do it?

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
So you're saying there really is no reason to have reps at all. Just some seasonal employees to handle the checks and what not, and their advertising campaigns are nothing but a waste of money because if people have the money and the time they are going to go. I disagree.

What I proposed was basically 2 minutes a year of personal attention from my rep. Maybe at the beginning of each season, each rep sends out a mass email to their accounts as a welcome letter with all the different contact numbers on there and stuff like the best times to call etc. Not from whitesox.com but from the rep. Then during the season, during down times, the reps call or email the accounts they haven't had contact with during the year, and if it so happens they don't get around to it that year, maybe put them on top of the list the next season. If that is too much to ask, I'm dumbfounded. I know in the internet age, customer service has gone by the wayside, but a decent customer service department can really help a business. Maybe most who spend a lot of time on White Sox message boards don't need any customer service from the White Sox, but that is only a small percentage of the season ticket base. I bet if the poster who isn't renewing because of the problems he encountered with his father easily could have contacted his "rep" and the rep was anything near worth their salt, the issue would be resolved and perhaps a renewal in the offing. If you are going to advertise personal attention, you should provide it. If there is no need for reps, they should lay them all off.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
It's supply and demand. The reps were much more responsive and proactive before 2005 because there were a ton of season tickets available. I remember receiving multiple calls during the 2005 season asking if I wanted to upgrade to full season tickets (they stopped around August). That all changed when we won the WS. They actually sold out of season tickets before the 2006 season and started a waiting list. So instead of needing those reps call and e-mail possible season ticket holders they were switched to supporting the current, now enormous, batch of season ticket holders.

Another thing that has changed is that you can check out season ticket availability and pay for it online. That pretty much eliminates two of the biggest tasks for these reps. Now they are more of customer service agents rather than salespeople. Instead of hiring a bunch of these customer service/sales rep they have decided that an internet model will work best (online season ticket application, canned e-mail updates, etc).

Personally the only thing I need my rep for is to make sure I get all the season ticket holder perks and for a seat upgrade. The seat upgrade process is what really needs to be fixed. There has to be a better way of handling upgrades. How do other teams do it?

That's the other part of the rep I had at the beginning of the decade. The first time I talked to him I casually mentioned how we really wanted to be in row 1. Sure enough, the next offseason, I got a call saying he could get me into row 1.

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
So, Dickallen, are you saying you're willing to give up the White Sox experience because they won't call you?

It's easy to say "yes" to that question if there is another White Sox out there competing for your baseball loyalty, but there isn't.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
So, Dickallen, are you saying you're willing to give up the White Sox experience because they won't call you?

It's easy to say "yes" to that question if there is another White Sox out there competing for your baseball loyalty, but there isn't.
As I said, I renewed and will always renew as long as I physically and mentally can enjoy the games and as long as I have the money to afford it. But I'm a guy who scours the internet for White Sox news. My wife thinks I have a disease. My family warned her about me when she met them. Not everyone is like that. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but the rep situation has been very frustrating for me since Brad Dreher was promoted in 2002 I believe. To be assigned a rep and not get anything from the rep for 2,3,4, 5 or 6 seasons is unbelievable to me. If I was someone who could take it or leave it, like I am with the other teams as I had Bulls season tickets, cancelled them. I had a Hull plan, cancelled that. Was part of a group with Bears tickets, but cancelled, and not because I couldn't afford it. I could. Not because I didn't enjoy it. I did. It gets to be overwehlming, and I have a sweet 50" HDTV. The Sox tickets is where I draw the line, but if I felt about the Sox like I did about the other teams, and I consider myself a pretty loyal, knowledgable fan of the other 3, the season tickets, they gone, but I will tell you, if the rep I had was anything near Brad Dreher, I would hold on.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
So you're saying there really is no reason to have reps at all. Just some seasonal employees to handle the checks and what not, and their advertising campaigns are nothing but a waste of money because if people have the money and the time they are going to go. I disagree.

well, the importance of a rep these days seems less so than years ago. i can go online and order extra tickets, pay invoices, forward tickets to friends, resell them in the open market, donate to white sox charities, etc., all without contacting anyone. it would seem that for a majority of ticketholders, all they need to do is pay their invoice and wait for the tickets to show up.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
The Sox tickets is where I draw the line, but if I felt about the Sox like I did about the other teams, and I consider myself a pretty loyal, knowledgable fan of the other 3, the season tickets, they gone, but I will tell you, if the rep I had was anything near Brad Dreher, I would hold on.

see, this isso foreign to me. the "rep experience" just seems like something pretty low on the pole for a ticket holder to justify renewing/canceling tickets.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
well, the importance of a rep these days seems less so than years ago. i can go online and order extra tickets, pay invoices, forward tickets to friends, resell them in the open market, donate to white sox charities, etc., all without contacting anyone. it would seem that for a majority of ticketholders, all they need to do is pay their invoice and wait for the tickets to show up.

You used to always be able to pay your invoice without contacting your rep. Reps never forwarded tickets to friends or resold them. I don't recall ever having to contact a rep to donate to White Sox charities. Its always been with the majority of ticketholders to pay your invoice and wait for the tickets to show up.

Scottiehaswheels
11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Just curious why these guys deserve a commission for not doing anything? I think most of us agree with the folks in PA not paying for their tip because the service was terrible. Why doesn't the same logic apply to this? If the reps really don't do jack **** for their accounts anymore, why give them commissions? I mean, the commissions the reps get are figured into the ticket price we pay right? Cut out the commissions and lower the ticket price? This is of course assuming they still get paid on commission. I have no idea either way.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
You used to always be able to pay your invoice without contacting your rep. Reps never forwarded tickets to friends or resold them. I don't recall ever having to contact a rep to donate to White Sox charities. Its always been with the majority of ticketholders to pay your invoice and wait for the tickets to show up.

so what's the problem? reps are doing the same thing they have more or less always done but you haven't gotten many calls over the last few years so now you're making a stink?

:scratch:

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
see, this isso foreign to me. the "rep experience" just seems like something pretty low on the pole for a ticket holder to justify renewing/canceling tickets.
I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying. The rep I refer to was fantastic. Its really hard to describe. He wasn't in my face, but just right, and I don't expect them all to be like that. The point I was making was if I thought of the White Sox like I do the other teams in town except the Cubs and Fire, and women's BB team, I probably wouldn't automatically renew every year. In fact, since I gave all the others up, I probably would give them up. However, if the rep was like Brad, chances are he would be able to convince me not to give them up. A rep can make a difference. Maybe not to you, and maybe not even to me in regard to renewing White Sox season tickets, but they do make a difference to many accounts.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Just curious why these guys deserve a commission for not doing anything? I think most of us agree with the folks in PA not paying for their tip because the service was terrible. Why doesn't the same logic apply to this? If the reps really don't do jack **** for their accounts anymore, why give them commissions? I mean, the commissions the reps get are figured into the ticket price we pay right? Cut out the commissions and lower the ticket price?

i guess that leads to a larger question: other than this time of year, what are the reps doing? they are busy now working on renewals, upgrades, adding/deleting seats, changing plans, etc. but once the smoke settles and folks have their tickets, what are their primary duties? i'm guessing they help out the general ticket sales staff and work on leads/cold calls but that's just a guess.

anyone know?

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
so what's the problem? reps are doing the same thing they have more or less always done but you haven't gotten many calls over the last few years so now you're making a stink?

:scratch:

I used to be contacted. As I stated I just want 2 minutes of personal service a year, like they used to do. In fact, it used to be more than that, and they had more tickets sold in 1991,1992,1993 and a heck of a lot less automation back in those days as well. I suspect if the renewal rate is not what they hoped for, you will see a change in how they relate to their accounts.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
However, if the rep was like Brad, chances are he would be able to convince me not to give them up. A rep can make a difference. Maybe not to you, and maybe not even to me in regard to renewing White Sox season tickets, but they do make a difference to many accounts.

so you want some charlatan hustle man, selling you dreams of championships, years of memories and other intangibles?

"to forgive is divine! del negro now has the experience and is taking the bulls all the way! get in on the ground floor!"

:tongue:

Scottiehaswheels
11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
i guess that leads to a larger question: other than this time of year, what are the reps doing? they are busy now working on renewals, upgrades, adding/deleting seats, changing plans, etc. but once the smoke settles and folks have their tickets, what are their primary duties? i'm guessing they help out the general ticket sales staff and work on leads/cold calls but that's just a guess.

anyone know?I have honestly in 5 years, never once been contacted about an upgrade, even with good reps in the past like Tom and Rob. I've inquired but never gotten one. This past year I checked online when season tix went onsale and could find better seats than the ones I have. Just irritating that someone is collecting legacy commissions(maybe) for not having actually contacted the person they are getting the commissions off of. They just inherited an account.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
so you want some charlatan hustle man, selling you dreams of championships, years of memories and other intangibles?

"to forgive is divine! del negro now has the experience and is taking the bulls all the way! get in on the ground floor!"

:tongue:
No. Just acknowledgement of my existence, perhaps returning a call or email answering one question I have is all I need. People arguing with me hear have talked to their reps, had their reps answer their calls, return their email. They get more time with their rep than they are bitching about me asking for.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I have honestly in 5 years, never once been contacted about an upgrade, even with good reps in the past like Tom and Rob. I've inquired but never gotten one. This past year I checked online when season tix went onsale and could find better seats than the ones I have. Just irritating that someone is collecting legacy commissions(maybe) for not having actually contacted the person they are getting the commissions off of. They just inherited an account.

actually, the same thing happened to me when i added a seat in 2008. i had two and to get three, they had to move me back a few rows and down the row such that the railings would block my view. i agreed to them as they said there was nothing better. once tickets were open to the public, i went online and found three seats in my old row, closer to home plate. i immediately called my rep. he was out for several weeks on an extended vacation but another rep was handling his accounts. he was able to move my seats to the ones i saw online with no problems. not sure why they weren't available before. i'm guessing there is a lot of "horse trading" this time of year as all the reps working on upgrades are all fighting for the same seats. probably a lot of politics involved.

and do we know they are getting a commission? lundlind mentioned he got commission where he used to work but who know is the sox have the same setup.

DumpJerry
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM

anyone know?
Well, I'm pretty sure during this past season I saw my rep once or twice warming up the in the bullpen late in the game when only Linebrink was available.

itsnotrequired
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
No. Just acknowledgement of my existence, perhaps returning a call or email answering one question I have is all I need. People arguing with me hear have talked to their reps, had their reps answer their calls, return their email. They get more time with their rep than they are bitching about me asking for.

sounds like it is more an issue with your particular rep rather than reps in general. i remember when render took over my account, he called me to introduce himself and also sent a letter along with his business card. that's about it for reps contacting me (i think i'm on my fourth rep now) but i'm okay with that. they have all retuned my calls or answered my e-mails in a timely fashion and to me, that is the most important thing. i guess i have just been lucky.

dickallen15
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
sounds like it is more an issue with your particular rep rather than reps in general. i remember when render took over my account, he called me to introduce himself and also sent a letter along with his business card. that's about it for reps contacting me (i think i'm on my fourth rep now) but i'm okay with that. they have all retuned my calls or answered my e-mails in a timely fashion and to me, that is the most important thing. i guess i have just been lucky.
I know it was an issue with Chris, who might have been the worst rep in any business. It really chapped my ass when I saw him walking around with his World Championship ring. I don't know if he quit or was fired, but Chris actually sent me an email when he went to work for the Fire. 5 or 6 years he was my rep and not one call or email and nothing returned. Then he sends me an email trying to sell me Fire tickets. My rep now gets some good reviews here but on earlier threads,some people have had the same experience with him that I have had. When I had Chris, I did call and request a new rep figuring he must be too busy to help me, but they give you the runaround when you do that.

ewokpelts
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
The day came and went (almost) without me spending a dime.

After considering coughing up the dough, I was not satisfied with the way my father was treated at the park (he is disabled). It may have been an isolated incident, but it happened a couple times. Oh well, it saves me money this way.I know that if you contact the team in advance, they are very accomodating. And of course, guest relations takes care od handicapped fans every game.

ewokpelts
11-22-2009, 03:52 PM

I think people are expecting a little too much from these reps in terms of personal calls.This list is outdated, as Brain went to groups in 2009(he was my rep in 03-08). Group and season sales were split up, and the st reps only handles st sales and servicing the needs of current customers. My pre-existing cubs/OD groups are handled by my new rep Reynel, and I've used Brain for a few Grand Slam Groups.

ewokpelts
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM

It's just another excuse to bash the organization, IMO.Can the sales department do better? Yes. But I dont see the need to bash them.
I always try to offer constructive criticism when I have an issue.

And BTW, player payroll wont be affected bya few more sales staffers hired.

dakuda
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I know that if you contact the team in advance, they are very accomodating. And of course, guest relations takes care od handicapped fans every game.

Except for when they leave them in their seats for over 30 minutes after the game. The park was almost completely empty by the time he walked to the elevator himself. My dad is permanently disabled in several ways. He can walk short distances and successfully used the services at the park before. They broke down that day.

Or the time at the Grinder Bash when we were told to just sit in the car and wait until the line was completely gone to get in. Only then would someone come out with a chair. What was the point of getting their early? We sat out there for quite a bit.

Like I said, I am sure that it is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. I will say that the ticket rep responded to my emails (not the calls) and attempted to smooth it over. I was offered seats to some games for that, but I was unable to use them.

As for the main discussion here, I really couldn't care if the rep called me just to check in. However, I would expect responses to calls and inquiries within 24 hours.

ewokpelts
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Except for when they leave them in their seats for over 30 minutes after the game. The park was almost completely empty by the time he walked to the elevator himself. My dad is permanently disabled in several ways. He can walk short distances and successfully used the services at the park before. They broke down that day.

Or the time at the Grinder Bash when we were told to just sit in the car and wait until the line was completely gone to get in. Only then would someone come out with a chair. What was the point of getting their early? We sat out there for quite a bit.

Like I said, I am sure that it is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. I will say that the ticket rep responded to my emails (not the calls) and attempted to smooth it over. I was offered seats to some games for that, but I was unable to use them.

As for the main discussion here, I really couldn't care if the rep called me just to check in. However, I would expect responses to calls and inquiries within 24 hours.I'm suprised you didnt look for the director of guest relations and complain. She's a nice lady, and has taken care of most of my game day issues when others drop the ball.

Lundind1
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM

anyone know?

See my post above. What you just said is what goes on. They try to acquire new business and work on their accounts if need be. I have gotten multiple calls from each of my reps in the past years.

Lundind1
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
actually, the same thing happened to me when i added a seat in 2008. i had two and to get three, they had to move me back a few rows and down the row such that the railings would block my view. i agreed to them as they said there was nothing better. once tickets were open to the public, i went online and found three seats in my old row, closer to home plate. i immediately called my rep. he was out for several weeks on an extended vacation but another rep was handling his accounts. he was able to move my seats to the ones i saw online with no problems. not sure why they weren't available before. i'm guessing there is a lot of "horse trading" this time of year as all the reps working on upgrades are all fighting for the same seats. probably a lot of politics involved.

and do we know they are getting a commission? lundlind mentioned he got commission where he used to work but who know is the sox have the same setup.

I know this because a couple of people that I worked with either work for the team now or know some past staffers that went there.

They said it was busy all the time and they all have multiple projects that are very time consuming. That is why I kinda take some exception to the fighting about the reps on here. I know what they go through.

Bob G
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM

I agree I think the upgrade process should be a bit more transparent. I heard that some teams have a point system that's based on a combination of seniority, number of seats, and location. Those that have basically spent the most money over the years get the higher priority when new (better) locations open.

I've asked about improviing my seats for the last few years but have been told it's almost impossible since I already have just about the best location possible for a weekend STH (I'm in Sec. 149). I was told in order to upgrade I would need to buy the full season- which there's no way that's going to happen.

I'm having a tough time believing every weekend game from Sec 149 on down to the corresponding section on the right field side is sold to a STH. In any case, I'm OK with my present location but it would be nice to be a few sections closer to home plate.

ewokpelts
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I agree I think the upgrade process should be a bit more transparent. I heard that some teams have a point system that's based on a combination of seniority, number of seats, and location. Those that have basically spent the most money over the years get the higher priority when new (better) locations open.

I've asked about improviing my seats for the last few years but have been told it's almost impossible since I already have just about the best location possible for a weekend STH (I'm in Sec. 149). I was told in order to upgrade I would need to buy the full season- which there's no way that's going to happen.

I'm having a tough time believing every weekend game from Sec 149 on down to the corresponding section on the right field side is sold to a STH. In any case, I'm OK with my present location but it would be nice to be a few sections closer to home plate.persistence and luck are your friends in this battle, my young padawan.....

chisoxfanatic
11-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, I came home from work today to find a message on my answering machine from my ticket rep reminding me of my past-due invoice. I'll shoot him an email to inform him that I am not renewing and to thank him for being a good rep.

Cuck the Fubs
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Well, I came home from work today to find a message on my answering machine from my ticket rep reminding me of my past-due invoice. I'll shoot him an email to inform him that I am not renewing and to thank him for being a good rep.

I've got no call yet....they must not miss me yet! :tongue:

dickallen15
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Haven't you read the thread? They have no time to contact accounts.

chisoxfanatic
11-24-2009, 06:13 PM
You're not renewing either, eh?

SOXfnNlansing
11-25-2009, 05:59 AM
I'll still go to 30+ games next season, but pay < face for most of the games I go to.

It's Dankerific
11-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Sure wish I knew about Jones and Vizquel before the deadline!!

Lundind1
11-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Sure wish I knew about Jones and Vizquel before the deadline!!

Was there supposed to be some teal with that?

redsand22
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I cancelled mine as well section 162 row 8 seats 9-12 are now available :whiner:

soxfanreggie
12-02-2009, 07:39 PM

With multiple permanent disabilities, do you have your own wheelchair? My "little buddy" is disabled and doesn't have a wheelchair for everyday use except for situations that recall a decent amount of walking (airports, sporting events, theme parks, etc.).

kwschro
12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Has anyone been contacted about season ticket upgrades yet for the 2010 season? Why is this process always such a mystery with the sox?

dickallen15
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Has anyone been contacted about season ticket upgrades yet for the 2010 season? Why is this process always such a mystery with the sox?
I doubt they have started the process. They are still probably contacting the non renewals to see if they can flip them.

DumpJerry
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Call your rep and tell him/her what you're looking for. Once they know who is not renewing, they start the seat shuffle.

WhiffleBall
12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I was told seat upgrades would not be processed until January.

DumpJerry
12-03-2009, 01:23 PM
The best part about seat upgrades is that when they call you with your option(s), you can come down to the park to check out the seats they are offering. There's something nice about sitting in a seat at Comiskey and the only people in the stands are you and your rep.......

ewokpelts
12-03-2009, 03:18 PM
My rep told me they are not working on it yet.

kwschro
01-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Has anyone heard from their ticket rep about possible upgrades yet? If so, are the upgrades substantial?

dickallen15
01-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Has anyone heard from their ticket rep about possible upgrades yet? If so, are the upgrades substantial?

I am not moving, but several people who haven't been able to move in a few years have been able to move a section or two in.

RealFan
01-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I have it on good authority that very, very few folks in the prime areas between the bases declined to renew. There are openings from the bases to the foul poles but those are scattered.

kwschro
01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
This is an extremely frustrating process. Have been a full season ticket holder for 5 years with 4 seats - told the best we can move to this year is sec 148 row 33. I think the sox really need more transperacy with the relocation process. I feel that we are not being best served with relocations because they already hold 70% of our deposit for next year.

roylestillman
01-14-2010, 02:04 PM

Funny you should ask. Just got back from the park to pick out my seats for next year. I was looking to move, more than upgrade out in left field. The options were not great, but I was able to get back around where I was in 2006, but a couple of rows back (Sec 158, row 18). If you're not picky about being on the aisle you may be able to get down a few rows. I asked about upgrading to boxes, but 151 was all my rep had, which has aisle traffic problems. She said the renewal process is still a work in progress and would call me if anything closer opened up.

Park looked great in the snow. No major work looked like it was being done, although a bunch of the rows of seats in left field were unbolted and laying around. Waterproofing maybe?

Harry Potter
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Figured it's about time for my routine complaint about the renewal process and the ticket reps in general.

I paid the remaining balance on my full season tickets the other day so I decided to once again contact my ticket rep about what my relocation options are. Not saying I necessarily want to move, just curious as to what is available to me. This was the third e-mail I've sent about the relocation process.

A few minutes ago I received a standard form email saying "We are always disappointed when we have to say goodbye to a good customer, but since we have not received your overdue season ticket payment we are forced to assume you will not be with us in 2010. Because of this, we must now cancel your White Sox season ticket location. If you feel an error has been made on your account by receiving this notice, please contact me immediately. "

***???

Followed by another standard form email that pretty much said "oops my bad - please disregard that other email; your seats and your money are safe with us"

I tried calling my ticket rep directly but he didn't answer and instead his voice mail inbox was full and is not accepting messages currently.

WHITE SOX CLIENT SERVICE EXECUTIVES - WHERE THE INMATES RUN THE ASYLUM!!!! :angry:

WhiffleBall
01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
My solution (which I mentioned in my season ticket holder survey) was for upgrades to be based on years of being a season ticket holder. Once the Sox know which seats are open they would then offer those seats as an upgrade to people who have had tickets the longest. Once that group said no or yes they would then make the same offer to those with the next longest tenure and so on and so forth. If someone does upgrade then their old seats get added to the list of available seats. To make it even more efficient you would not be able to upgrade again for a set period of time like 3-5 years and new season ticket holders would be locked in for a similar period of time. It's very fair and transparent. The big negative is that it would take a lot of time and effort on the part of the Sox ticket staff. I think once a system like that is in place it would run very smoothly. I know that they need to get ticket orders in to the printer by a certain date but I think it could be done in time if set up correctly.

kwschro
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Why don't they do something similar to this which the Dodgers do?
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ticketing/sth/selectaseat.jsp

cbone
01-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Figured it's about time for my routine complaint about the renewal process and the ticket reps in general.

I paid the remaining balance on my full season tickets the other day so I decided to once again contact my ticket rep about what my relocation options are. Not saying I necessarily want to move, just curious as to what is available to me. This was the third e-mail I've sent about the relocation process.

A few minutes ago I received a standard form email saying "We are always disappointed when we have to say goodbye to a good customer, but since we have not received your overdue season ticket payment we are forced to assume you will not be with us in 2010. Because of this, we must now cancel your White Sox season ticket location. If you feel an error has been made on your account by receiving this notice, please contact me immediately. "

***???

Followed by another standard form email that pretty much said "oops my bad - please disregard that other email; your seats and your money are safe with us"

I tried calling my ticket rep directly but he didn't answer and instead his voice mail inbox was full and is not accepting messages currently.

WHITE SOX CLIENT SERVICE EXECUTIVES - WHERE THE INMATES RUN THE ASYLUM!!!! :angry:

Same thing here, who is your rep?

kittle42
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Reynel, of course.

Harry Potter
01-14-2010, 03:21 PM

Reynel, of course.

The one and only, Reynel Penn

tebman
01-14-2010, 04:12 PM

Reynel, of course.

The one and only, Reynel Penn

I got the same messages as an Ozzie Plan holder. I called Reynel and got the "oops" voicemail. I haven't gotten my tickets yet and I wanted to be sure that my order didn't fall into a crack if they had a processing screwup.

Here's hoping...

Harry Potter
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I got the same messages as an Ozzie Plan holder. I called Reynel and got the "oops" voicemail. I haven't gotten my tickets yet and I wanted to be sure that my order didn't fall into a crack if they had a processing screwup.

Here's hoping...

Reynel must have pictures of Ozzie and Kenny :redneck

Jason82807
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I have it on good authority that very, very few folks in the prime areas between the bases declined to renew. There are openings from the bases to the foul poles but those are scattered.

I moved from 121 to 125 this season, but this was mainly due to me dropping 2 seats from my account.

SOXfnNlansing
01-15-2010, 01:13 AM

***???

I got the same two emails, but I cancelled my package this year. Funny thing is they keep sending me calenders (I got 3 in the mail this month):scratch:

SOXfnNlansing
01-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Reynel, of course.

lol, that's who I had. When I got a call from the ST manager a few months ago about me dropping my package, I ripped into his ineptness (and the guy I had in 2008 (Matt?).

DumpJerry
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I got the same two emails, but I cancelled my package this year. Funny thing is they keep sending me calenders (I got 3 in the mail this month):scratch:
I renewed and have gotten nothing.:?:

chisoxfanatic
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM

I too canceled. I've received 2 calendars, a letter from the White Sox and a call from a ticket rep. I also received an email from Scott about organizing a group outing this coming season...I'd imagine I got this because I organized a group outing last season?

dickallen15
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
I renewed and have gotten nothing.:?:
Same here, but I'm sure some of the things the others are getting come with the tickets.

ewokpelts
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
i have yet to recieve a calender, and I'm two miles from the park!

DumpJerry
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I need a calendar for the office. Maybe I should call my rep, cancel and demand refund.....

dickallen15
01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I need a calendar for the office. Maybe I should call my rep, cancel and demand refund.....
You'd get one for every office in your building.

palehosepub
01-15-2010, 03:15 PM
I have been a STH since 1991 and Reynel , my current rep is the weakest rep I have had. I have never done this before but I am going to ask to change reps.

I dont think the upgrade process is fair or transparent or all. I have six box seats (4 and 2) and I have been trying to upgrade the pair for years while others around me have moved right in with no seniority but "they know someone"... there is no system

dickallen15
01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I have been a STH since 1991 and Reynel , my current rep is the weakest rep I have had. I have never done this before but I am going to ask to change reps.

I dont think the upgrade process is fair or transparent or all. I have six box seats (4 and 2) and I have been trying to upgrade the pair for years while others around me have moved right in with no seniority but "they know someone"... there is no system
It definitely is a lousy system,if it can be called a system. Good luck with the rep change. I tried to switch several years ago , and it was a lost cause.

Jason82807
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
The Blackhawks have a much more transparent relocation process. When any given seats become available, preference is given first by existing seat location (most expensive current seats get first preference), then by seniority. There is no reason why the White Sox shouldn't have a similar system. I think it's ironic that the team in highest demand (thus least improvements available) has the most transparent upgrade process. This is only my second year as a Blackhawks season ticket holder in the cheap $15 seats, and last offseason I was able to move from sec. 313 row 9 to sec. 328 row 11. Not technically an upgrade but it's nice being at the west end.

beasly213
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
The Blackhawks have a much more transparent relocation process. When any given seats become available, preference is given first by existing seat location (most expensive current seats get first preference), then by seniority. There is no reason why the White Sox shouldn't have a similar system. I think it's ironic that the team in highest demand (thus least improvements available) has the most transparent upgrade process. This is only my second year as a Blackhawks season ticket holder in the cheap $15 seats, and last offseason I was able to move from sec. 313 row 9 to sec. 328 row 11. Not technically an upgrade but it's nice being at the west end.

Another Blackhawks troll! :dtroll:

Funny you should say that about the blackhawks being good to their season ticket holders. My friend got screwed over by them as did a lot of the others in the 300 level who were previous S/T holders. They let the 100 level ticket holders buy the best options in the 300 level as well before they allowed the previous 300 level S/T holders to renew.

It sucks because its pretty obvious the 100 level holders were only buying the 300 level ones to re sell them.

Jason82807
01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Another Blackhawks troll! :dtroll:

Funny you should say that about the blackhawks being good to their season ticket holders. My friend got screwed over by them as did a lot of the others in the 300 level who were previous S/T holders. They let the 100 level ticket holders buy the best options in the 300 level as well before they allowed the previous 300 level S/T holders to renew.

It sucks because its pretty obvious the 100 level holders were only buying the 300 level ones to re sell them.

I didn't realize that. I assumed that all full season ticket holders would at least have the first option of renewing their own seats. After everyone either renewed or canceled, then the relocation process I described above would start. Are you sure your friend was a full-season holder and got their renewal payment in on time?

ewokpelts
01-15-2010, 04:47 PM
hawks have odd priorities at times. they WONT invoice partial plan holders for playoff tix, but lump them in the full sth EXTRA Playoff game presale.

they announce they wont raise ticket prices, but then raise ticket prices" oops, we meant FULL sths are price locked".

at least they'r emega hot. $100 for SRO during xmas break? very true

ewokpelts
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Reynel's my rep, and he can be hard to deal with.
My previous rep brian never offered me anything decent in upgrades, but I'm getting nowhere right now.

a guy i work with who JUST bought a plan over the holidays has been told by his rep(rob) that he's close to gettign better seats than what he originally agreed to.

this process needs work. i know the sox are hurting(the jan 1 deadline for early bird new sales was extended till this week) but upgrade my seats already. my location has gotten VERY unbearable and i'm all but forced to leave.

ewokpelts
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Reynel's my rep, and he can be hard to deal with.
My previous rep brian never offered me anything decent in upgrades, but I'm getting nowhere right now.

a guy i work with who JUST bought a plan over the holidays has been told by his rep(rob) that he's close to gettign better seats than what he originally agreed to.

this process needs work. i know the sox are hurting(the jan 1 deadline for early bird new sales was extended till this week) but upgrade my seats already. my location has gotten VERY unbearable and i'm all but forced to leave.update: i was able to get on the phone with him, and I'll be looking at locations on monday.
I'm actaully looking at movine from low rows in the bleachers(164) to a little bit higher in left field lower reserve(158ish)

Jpgr91
01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
As like most people, I am really frustrated with the upgrade process. Maybe those of us on this board that are frustrated should let our feelings be known to upper management?

dakuda
01-15-2010, 11:03 PM
I've received a calendar and one missed call that rang twice. When i picked it up (caller id was the ticket rep), no one was there.

A guy at work is interested in picking up part of them, but I am sure that my tickets are now gone. So be it.

soxfanreggie
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
this process needs work. i know the sox are hurting(the jan 1 deadline for early bird new sales was extended till this week) but upgrade my seats already. my location has gotten VERY unbearable and i'm all but forced to leave.

Care to share what is making that location unbearable?

Harry Potter
01-16-2010, 03:34 PM
update: i was able to get on the phone with him, and I'll be looking at locations on monday.
I'm actaully looking at movine from low rows in the bleachers(164) to a little bit higher in left field lower reserve(158ish)

I've been in 158 the past four seasons and I enjoy the view from there. Come on down!

Lundind1
01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
The only way I was able to move to much better seats was when the season tickets went on sale, I found seats wayyyy better than mine. I called immediately and got what I wanted that way. Other than that, it really is a horrible crap shoot. I have been involved in that upgrade process and it really depends on how long it takes people to get back to you, so we set a time limit of litterally 2 hours. If they didn't respond then we had to move on. If not, it would have taken years to wait for people to get back to us.

I have Reynel also, and to be honest he has done a decent job. The problem is, the ticket rep position is the lowest paid, most thankless job in the organization. I always felt bad for the reps that I worked with at my job, talk about getting crapped on. There is nothing worse than getting told how to run the team by customers when you have absolutely no pull at all.

Long story short, I would love to see something like the Dodgers system or a system that was automated to show what seats were still available in what section and let you decide what is "best available". The ticket people could block off house seats, comp seats, Full-STH's, Partial-STH's, Ozzie Plan Seats, then open the system with blocks of people based on seniority to see it online. If they want to upgrade, great...if not then they can tell tixsys that they want to remain in the current location.

Harry Potter
01-16-2010, 03:57 PM
The only way I was able to move to much better seats was when the season tickets went on sale, I found seats wayyyy better than mine. I called immediately and got what I wanted that way. Other than that, it really is a horrible crap shoot. I have been involved in that upgrade process and it really depends on how long it takes people to get back to you, so we set a time limit of litterally 2 hours. If they didn't respond then we had to move on. If not, it would have taken years to wait for people to get back to us.

I have Reynel also, and to be honest he has done a decent job. The problem is, the ticket rep position is the lowest paid, most thankless job in the organization. I always felt bad for the reps that I worked with at my job, talk about getting crapped on. There is nothing worse than getting told how to run the team by customers when you have absolutely no pull at all.

Long story short, I would love to see something like the Dodgers system or a system that was automated to show what seats were still available in what section and let you decide what is "best available". The ticket people could block off house seats, comp seats, Full-STH's, Partial-STH's, Ozzie Plan Seats, then open the system with blocks of people based on seniority to see it online. If they want to upgrade, great...if not then they can tell tixsys that they want to remain in the current location.

As someone mentioned in an earlier post, there should be a way to contact one of the higher-ups and voice our displeasure.

IMO, it's absurd that by going through the process as a "new" season ticket holder you'd get better seats then as a returning season ticet holder (I assume the seat locations were in the same price range). Shows that years of loyalty doesn't really matter.

I guess it's no surprise that the ticket rep position isn't a glamorous one, as at one point I had 3 different ticket reps in 3 seasons. You can't really build long lasting relationships with that kind of turnover.

ewokpelts
01-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Care to share what is making that location unbearable?i'm surrounded by group outings. literally. they sell rows 3-6 to a group. and i'm in row 4. and it typically ends up being immmature adults from joliet.

ewokpelts
01-16-2010, 04:12 PM
As someone mentioned in an earlier post, there should be a way to contact one of the higher-ups and voice our displeasure.

IMO, it's absurd that by going through the process as a "new" season ticket holder you'd get better seats then as a returning season ticet holder (I assume the seat locations were in the same price range). Shows that years of loyalty doesn't really matter.

I guess it's no surprise that the ticket rep position isn't a glamorous one, as at one point I had 3 different ticket reps in 3 seasons. You can't really build long lasting relationships with that kind of turnover.a coworker is getting upgraded and he bought a plan LAST MONTH.

Brian26
01-16-2010, 04:43 PM
i'm surrounded by group outings. literally. they sell rows 3-6 to a group. and i'm in row 4. and it typically ends up being immmature adults from joliet.

I'm not a big fan of Joliet, but I'm pretty sure people can act like immature idiots from other suburbs too. Let's not make ignorant generalizations.

Patrick134
01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of Joliet, but I'm pretty sure people can act like immature idiots from other suburbs too. Let's not make ignorant generalizations.

Amen. I can't stand people who make ignorant generalizations. The only thing i hate more is people from Aurora.

ewokpelts
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
got relocated today.

Sec 158 Row 25 on the aisle. Let's hope I dont regret moving from 164 Row 4.