PDA

View Full Version : Where's Sandy?

balboner
06-11-2002, 12:51 AM
What's the deal with Alomar not playing anymore? That's 4 straight games w/Johnson behind home plate. All I know is that when Choice is also playing, Johnson shouldn't be. Way too many easy outs w/Durham's pathetic bat in the line-up also. Oh well, back to 6 games out

Daver
06-11-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by balboner
What's the deal with Alomar not playing anymore? That's 4 straight games w/Johnson behind home plate. All I know is that when Choice is also playing, Johnson shouldn't be. Way too many easy outs w/Durham's pathetic bat in the line-up also. Oh well, back to 6 games out

Sandy tweaked his shoulder.

Tragg
06-11-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by balboner

Not much difference in offense between Alomar and Johnson. Alomar has walked a grand total of twice this season, leading to a OBP of .305, compared to johnson's .290.

Actually, no this team, Johnson's a pretty good walker. To bad he can't hit .250 and walk.

neal
06-11-2002, 01:03 AM
I'll go for batting avg over walks when it comes to Benitez pitching. He doesn't give too many bases on balls, though there was the exception of starting the inning with Paulie.

Tragg
06-11-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by neal
I'll go for batting avg over walks when it comes to Benitez pitching. He doesn't give too many bases on balls, though there was the exception of starting the inning with Paulie.

When a player bats .290 and has a OBP of an embarassing .305, that suggests something - he can only hit bad pitching.

Alomar is a horrible hitter; he's always been a horrible hitter; and I'd try to figure out why Kenny Williams signed him for this ballclub, except that I am still trying to figure out why he traded James Baldwin for a 32 year old career minor league outfielder.

baggio202
06-11-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by daver

Sandy tweaked his shoulder.

we couldnt pinch hit for mark johnson with two outs and the tieing run at the plate because alomar tweaked his shoulder 4 days ago and we havent got another catcher up here since it happened???...even if we need to bring up dellassandro to sit on the bench so we can pinch hit for 200 hitting johnson we have to do it...what happens if johnson gets injured??..we have no catcher...what the hell are KW and JM doing???..thats twice johnson has ended the game with a strike out this week because alomar couldnt play...put him on the DL...