PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice that loud-mouth vendor at the park?

neal
06-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Whenever I go to the ballpark this year, there is always this hot dog vendor there who has the loudest mouth I have ever heard. He goes around the park, mainly club level, shouting 'Hot Dogs!' at the top of his lungs. I even hear him on TV and the radio. Kind of reminds me of the guy behind home plate at every game yelling at the ump, though he's a lot funnier.

DonkeyKongerko
06-11-2002, 01:51 AM
my personal favorite is the 4th tenor at comerica park i think. alas i dont know if the opera singing hot dog vendor still works for the team. i havent heard him lately.

MarqSox
06-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
my personal favorite is the 4th tenor at comerica park i think. alas i dont know if the opera singing hot dog vendor still works for the team. i havent heard him lately.

I had to laugh at the vendor selling "ice cold water" the other day. Guy nearby stopped the vendor and said "Dude, if it were really ice cold, it would be frozen." The vendor paused for a second, then proceeded to yell "very cold water."

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by neal
Whenever I go to the ballpark this year, there is always this hot dog vendor there who has the loudest mouth I have ever heard. He goes around the park, mainly club level, shouting 'Hot Dogs!' at the top of his lungs. I even hear him on TV and the radio. Kind of reminds me of the guy behind home plate at every game yelling at the ump, though he's a lot funnier. how do you expect them to sell their wares ? by whispering.

duke of dorwood
06-11-2002, 07:50 AM
We call him the "Angry Hot Dog Guy". He is all over the park-discovered him last year. He's not a smiling type of guy, but he makes us laugh because we can hear him all over the park.

34 Inch Stick
06-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Hot Dogs! Hot Dogs! Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! You know you want one!

Guy looks like a disgruntled city worker, but he works hard and I like him.

balz1472
06-11-2002, 09:38 AM
I noticed that guy on the radio broadcast of last Thursday's game. Then, when I was at the game on Friday night sitting in the Bullpen Bar, I noticed the guy walking through the aisles near the foul poll...
You are definitely right, and now that I have pointed it out to my roommates, they don't watch the game with the sound on anymore because he is the only thing you hear!

bjmarte
06-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by neal
Kind of reminds me of the guy behind home plate at every game yelling at the ump, though he's a lot funnier.

Anyone hear this guy grilling the ump after he accidentally rang up Frank after strike two in the eighth inning. Good stuff :smile:

WinningUgly!
06-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Anyone hear this guy grilling the ump after he accidentally rang up Frank after strike two in the eighth inning. Good stuff :smile:

I heard him the other night, during the KC series when Neifi Perez(I think) was up--He said something like--"Hey Perez, doesn't anybody on that team hit better than .250?" Pretty funny :D:

duke of dorwood
06-11-2002, 11:16 AM
The guy last night? I heard him-he was yelling for Maggs to be ready when Frank was up. And was really on the ump when he mistakenly rung up Frank.

FarmerAndy
06-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Forget the loud hot dog guy, has anybody seen that realy weird ice cream sandwich kid? He has a line shaved in his head, kinda like a reverse mohawk, but a little off to the side. He makes weird faces and pretends he's chomping on one of the ice cream sandwiches: "YUM_YUM_YUM_YUM!!!!" Then he yells:"ICE CREAM SAMICHES!" Sometimes he just stops and stares at somebody for about 10 seconds, then holds up a sandwich.

The kid is really weird.

Dadawg_77
06-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Forget the loud hot dog guy, has anybody seen that realy weird ice cream sandwich kid? He has a line shaved in his head, kinda like a reverse mohawk, but a little off to the side. He makes weird faces and pretends he's chomping on one of the ice cream sandwiches: "YUM_YUM_YUM_YUM!!!!" Then he yells:"ICE CREAM SAMICHES!" Sometimes he just stops and stares at somebody for about 10 seconds, then holds up a sandwich.

The kid is really weird.

Yep, seen him quite a few times. He also goes off on strange tagents about the Ice Cream. Really strange stuff, also I thought he head was dyed like a chess board, black and blond squares.

Kilroy
06-11-2002, 02:57 PM

The kid is really weird.

I've seen him too. He is weird. he was selling hot dogs earlier this year, but I think someone complained about him because he'd walk around and say in that same whiny voice "Hot, juicy wieeeeners. Get your wieeeeners hot!!"

There's also the older Asian woman who hawks her wares, but you never actually hear her speak. You can see her mouth moving, but nothing comes out.

zach23
06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
The best is still the gruff voiced beer vendor that just keeps saying, "Mileeeerrrr Liiiiiiiiite".

I haven't seen the beer vendor that looks like Scottie Pippen in awhile. I used to see him down the first base line.

FarmerAndy
06-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by zach23

I haven't seen the beer vendor that looks like Scottie Pippen in awhile. I used to see him down the first base line.

They replaced him with the Albert Einstein looking beer vendor.

steff
06-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I've seen him too. He is weird. he was selling hot dogs earlier this year, but I think someone complained about him because he'd walk around and say in that same whiny voice "Hot, juicy wieeeeners. Get your wieeeeners hot!!"

There's also the older Asian woman who hawks her wares, but you never actually hear her speak. You can see her mouth moving, but nothing comes out.

ROTFLMAO!!! She's in our section all the time. We've NEVER seen her sell anything either. Of course we have the most ignorant beer vendor though. First game of the season, first beer bought, and he tells Jim "don't be afraid to tip". Next game, he was applying the chap stick heavily and even gave us a ball from batting practice last Thursday.

foulkesfan11
06-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Forget the loud hot dog guy, has anybody seen that realy weird ice cream sandwich kid? He has a line shaved in his head, kinda like a reverse mohawk, but a little off to the side. He makes weird faces and pretends he's chomping on one of the ice cream sandwiches: "YUM_YUM_YUM_YUM!!!!" Then he yells:"ICE CREAM SAMICHES!"

Last year we called him the bumble bee because that's what his hair looks like. He's even more strange this year than last year. AS for the Angry Hot Dog Guy, my friends & I were laughing our a$$es off at a game that was really boring because our offense sucked so bad. At least the two of them provided some entertainment for us.

foulkesfan11
06-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Has anyone seen the vendor that looks just like Ron Schuler? I think he sells beer or hot dogs. Can't remember, but he looks just like him!

Daver
06-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Has anyone seen the vendor that looks just like Ron Schuler? I think he sells beer or hot dogs. Can't remember, but he looks just like him!

Hell it might BE Ron Schueler,he has to earn his salry somehow......

foulkesfan11
06-11-2002, 06:10 PM
In Boston last month, I was comparing our Angry Hot Dog Man to their Loud Mouth Popcorn Vendor. This guy was even louder, if you can believe it. It actually hurt my ears when he was in our section.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:10 PM
i think this was mention, but there is a guy who looked a lot like scottie pip....... i used to ask how MJ was doing and when is he going to play b-ball again........... ok, maybe it wasn't nice but oh well.

RedPinStripes
06-11-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I heard him the other night, during the KC series when Neifi Perez(I think) was up--He said something like--"Hey Perez, doesn't anybody on that team hit better than .250?" Pretty funny :D:

I sat next to him Saturday night and he was telling me to cool it. lol I was swearing at Manuel and demanding that Nardi stopped talking to the pitchers in hte dugout. Then Pettis gave me a look and I yelled "you can go too"!!!!!!! I was a little upset Saturday. :D:

RedPinStripes
06-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i think this was mention, but there is a guy who looked a lot like scottie pip....... i used to ask how MJ was doing and when is he going to play b-ball again........... ok, maybe it wasn't nice but oh well.

Yup!lol I've seen him . Last year he was behind homeplate around sect. 130.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Yup!lol I've seen him . Last year he was behind homeplate around sect. 130. same place..........

ref your other post....... that is funny about what you said to pettis......... what amazes me is that guy had to tell you to cool it...... pot-kettle-black........ :D:

RedPinStripes
06-11-2002, 06:20 PM
same place..........

ref your other post....... that is funny about what you said to pettis......... what amazes me is that guy had to tell you to cool it...... pot-kettle-black........ :D:

Dan will get on every opposing player and Ump, but he don't swear since he's right by the mike and everyone knows him. He just told me to cut out the swearing. It is kinda funny that" the get up guy" had to tell me to cool it though. lol He's always a blast to watch a game with.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 06:21 PM

Dan will get on every opposing player and Ump, but he don't swear since he's right by the mike and everyone knows him. He just told me to cut out the swearing. It is kinda funny that" the get up guy" had to tell me to cool it though. lol He's always a blast to watch a game with. that is what i meant.... him telling you anything........

RedPinStripes
06-11-2002, 06:25 PM
that is what i meant.... him telling you anything........

Makes me a proud heckler. :D:

CLR01
06-11-2002, 08:05 PM

Yup!lol I've seen him . Last year he was behind homeplate around sect. 130.

I have never seen him at Comiskey but ,if it is the same guy, i have seen him at the UC a few times. There are alot of the vendors that work both parks.

The ice cream guy is a whack job. I love messing with the people who sell 50/50 raffle tickets. I wait until they get all the way down to the bottom of the section before i flag them down, and then laugh as they run back up the steps. Atleast it is not the upper deck.

FanOf14
06-11-2002, 08:06 PM
I sat next to him Saturday night and he was telling me to cool it. lol I was swearing at Manuel and demanding that Nardi stopped talking to the pitchers in hte dugout. Then Pettis gave me a look and I yelled "you can go too"!!!!!!! I was a little upset Saturday.

Too Funny! :D: :) :D: :)

alohafri
06-13-2002, 12:30 PM
The gruff sounding guy, after saying "Millllllerrrrrrrr liiiiiiiiiiiite" will follow that up with "Hey Beer Dude!" Great schtick. Another good guy is Maurice (sad that I know my beer vendors by name) who hawks "hot beer" on those cold nights in April.

Another favorite is the old dude selling margaritas. This guy looks like it is "one margarita for the customer, two for me."

ChiSoxBobette
06-13-2002, 02:08 PM
yeah well has anyone had the beer vendor with the bad eye, he has to tilt his head to the side his good eye is on and aim at the cup. Last Saturday he spilled so much of one guys beer down in front of us when I bought my beer I asked if I could pour it myself and he said no problem. "Come On Baby Lite My Fire, Lite Beer, Beer". :gulp: :gulp:
GO WHITE SOX

Streets
06-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Pip was in the upper deck last time I went to a game. My friend and I randomly mention vendors from Comiskey and we'll say the nickname or use the rough voice of the "beer dude." Those people are good entertainment for us but sometimes I'd like them out of the way so I can watch the frickin' game.