PDA

View Full Version : Carlos: ***

CerberusWG
06-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Fielder's Choice to Right? Ummm, way to go Carlos!

neal
06-10-2002, 11:04 PM
Oh come on, you can't be mad at him after that. How was he supposed to know if that ball was going to be caught? If it was caught, you would be yelling at him because he got doubled up.

WinningUgly!
06-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by neal
Oh come on, you can't be mad at him after that. How was he supposed to know if that ball wasn't going to be caught? If it was caught, you would be yelling at him because he got doubled up.

Exactly. Carlos made no mistake this time. As a baserunner, you have to assume Alomar is going to make that play & don't get yourself doubled up. 90% of baserunners in the league would have been forced out at 2nd on that play. That being said, Carlos is still an idiot! :D:

baggio202
06-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

i hate caerlos lee with a passion but he was caught in no man's land there..you cant expect alomar to drop that ball...and as is our luck..it bounces right to burnitz...

RKMeibalane
06-11-2002, 11:01 AM
I'm willing to cut Carlos some slack for what happened last night. The only reason people are mad at him for that is because it has been only a few days since he was picked off third base against the Expos.

He did the best he could under the circumstances. The fact that he was thrown out at second couldn't be helped. Alomar probably should have caught that ball anyway. That was probably what Carlos was concerned about.

hold2dibber
06-11-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm willing to cut Carlos some slack for what happened last night. The only reason people are mad at him for that is because it has been only a few days since he was picked off third base against the Expos.

He did the best he could under the circumstances. The fact that he was thrown out at second couldn't be helped. Alomar probably should have caught that ball anyway. That was probably what Carlos was concerned about.

Actually, I'm "mad" at him because he's hitting .243 with a .292 OBP, 6 homers and 23 RBIs; plus, he constantly swings at pitches outside of the strike zone and lets beauties go by. He is driving me mad.

HawkDJ
06-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

I knew I would see this. This time it was absolutely not Carlos's fault. Any little thing that goes wrong is a crap play by our players isn't it? Maybe it was a good play by the other team or maybe it was just the way the ball bounces literally.

Carlos did the right move. He may have been safe if he were faster but taht is not his problem. If he had been doubled up, you would've been even more pissed.