PDA

View Full Version : Giants prospect charged with murder

samurai_sox
11-14-2009, 04:01 AM
This kid has a chance to be a major league baseball player and he makes a stupid decision.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/09/20/giants-prospect-angel-villalona-suspect-in-dominican-murder/

DumpJerry
11-14-2009, 12:18 PM
How you know he "made a stupid decision?" The article does not provided any details of why he was arrested or the circumstances of the incident. For all you know, he was nowhere near the scene of the crime.

Do you think Juan Uribe made a "stupid decision" when he shot that Italian Navy guy?

DirtySox
11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
This happened a while ago.

The current news in regards to this is that he just had his U.S. Visa revoked.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091113&content_id=7664896&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnerId=rss_mlb

samurai_sox
11-14-2009, 02:39 PM
How you know he "made a stupid decision?" The article does not provided any details of why he was arrested or the circumstances of the incident. For all you know, he was nowhere near the scene of the crime.

Do you think Juan Uribe made a "stupid decision" when he shot that Italian Navy guy?

Because shooting someone IS a stupid decision. Don't defend him, even if you yourself don't even know the full details of the situation. And yes, Uribe did make a wrong choice by putting himself in his bad situation.

oeo
11-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Because shooting someone IS a stupid decision. Don't defend him, even if you yourself don't even know the full details of the situation. And yes, Uribe did make a wrong choice by putting himself in his bad situation.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Uribe put himself in a 'bad situation' because he was a big league baseball player?

MarkZ35
11-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Didn't he turn himself in? Wouldn't that mean he is guilty or at least an accomplice?

oeo
11-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Didn't he turn himself in? Wouldn't that mean he is guilty or at least an accomplice?

I figured he turned himself in because he was a suspect. Doesn't mean he confessed to anything.

DSpivack
11-14-2009, 05:13 PM

Being a fugitive would be quite a bit worse.

DumpJerry
11-15-2009, 08:59 AM
A. How do you know he shot someone? Are you a witness?
B. If he shot someone, do you know the circumstances? Was it self-defense? Was the person pointing a gun at him? When you read in the newspaper that a police officer shot someone, do you think the police officer is "stupid?"
C. Are you aware of the huge problem in Latin American countries where baseball players are subjected to extortion and kidnappings of family members because they (the players) tend to have more money that anyone else around? A former pitcher for the Mets from Venezuela recently had two families members kidnapped and one was killed. The Uribe incident was an extortion attempt.

:rolleyes:

SoxNation05
11-15-2009, 12:02 PM
A. How do you know he shot someone? Are you a witness?
B. If he shot someone, do you know the circumstances? Was it self-defense? Was the person pointing a gun at him? When you read in the newspaper that a police officer shot someone, do you think the police officer is "stupid?"
C. Are you aware of the huge problem in Latin American countries where baseball players are subjected to extortion and kidnappings of family members because they (the players) tend to have more money that anyone else around? A former pitcher for the Mets from Venezuela recently had two families members kidnapped and one was killed. The Uribe incident was an extortion attempt.

:rolleyes:
I don't see the need for your smartass remarks? Shooting someone is bad idea?

DumpJerry
11-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Nothing smartass in my comments. I was just raising some issues since it looked like the OP was jumping to conclusions without all the facts in hand.

Where do I say shooting someone is a bad idea? The OP said it was stupid to shoot someone. I merely pointed out that it is not always "stupid" to shoot someone, especially if it is done in self defense.

Frontman
11-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Let's see, someone trying to kill a loved one; I have a gun in my hand, and if I pull the trigger to stop said someone that's a stupid decision?

Look, I'm not a fan of guns; but I even think that broad brush statement is wrong.

Taliesinrk
11-15-2009, 01:29 PM

Even if these comments are "smartass", DJ had his comments attacked and told what to do by the OP. If anything, I'd think his response is somewhat mild.

For the record, it isn't always a "stupid decision" to "shoot someone". You better believe if someone is threatening my life with a gun, 9-out-of-10 times, I wouldn't think twice about shooting them. And, when discussed later, it wouldn't be a "stupid decision".

DumpJerry
11-15-2009, 01:38 PM
For a discussion on the pros and cons of private ownership and use of guns, please post in this (http://www.wsiforums.com/showthread.php?t=342)thread at the Politically Incorrect forum.

If you have not done so yet, you have to register there to read or post.