PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle gets an OCC motorcycle

grenda12
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Dont know if this was ever posted.

Recently, Orange County Choppers was commissioned to build a bike for CWS pitcher Mark Buehrle. Buehrle's wife wanted to surprise him with a special gift, an OCC chopper. Jason Pohl, an OCC designer and formerly of Mendota, IL, designed and presented the bike to Buehrle in Chicago on Sept 25. The TLC show, American Chopper, will air this build and presentation on Thursday, Nov. 19 at 8pm.

Streets
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Dont know if this was ever posted.

Recently, Orange County Choppers was commissioned to build a bike for CWS pitcher Mark Buehrle. Buehrle's wife wanted to surprise him with a special gift, an OCC chopper. Jason Pohl, an OCC designer and formerly of Mendota, IL, designed and presented the bike to Buehrle in Chicago on Sept 25. The TLC show, American Chopper, will air this build and presentation on Thursday, Nov. 19 at 8pm.

That's awesome! Can't wait to see what they've come up with.

rdwj
11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow - how cool. Just hope he stays off the thing. We don't need a Ben Roethlisberger situation on our hands (the bike crash, not the other incident)

JermaineDye05
11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I sure hope he's better at riding these things than Crash Rowand. I believe he had an accident a couple years back, at least that's what I've heard.

DumpJerry
11-12-2009, 06:54 AM
I sure hope he's better at riding these things than Crash Rowand. I believe he had an accident a couple years back, at least that's what I've heard.
That was a dirt bike on a trail, not a motorcycle.

doublem23
11-12-2009, 08:39 AM
That was a dirt bike on a trail, not a motorcycle.

Still dangerous, as Ben Roethlisberger, Kellen Winslow, and Jay Williams can vouch.

chisox117
11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Still dangerous, as Ben Roethlisberger, Kellen Winslow, and Jay Williams can vouch.

And hopefully he'll have more common sense than Jeff Kent...

DumpJerry
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Wow - how cool. Just hope he stays off the thing. We don't need a Ben Roethlisberger situation on our hands (the bike crash, not the other incident)
His contract (like all pro contracts) probably prohibit him from riding motorcycles (something about them being "risky"). Of course, that has not stopped other numbnuts from ignoring that part of their contract.

Waysouthsider
11-12-2009, 10:26 AM
How cool is that.....I wish my wife thought of things like that? :D:

At least he's not doing belly flops on the tarp anymore..that made me pretty nervous....

QueerGirrl
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm excited!!! I used to watch the OCC boys all the time back when they were on the Discovery Channel. This should be cool!!! :D:

Bobby Thigpen
11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Is it any of your business if he does ride it?

Just because he's on your favorite team and it would harm you? People on here and in society in general want to say how certain aspects of life shouldn't be scrutinized because it's someone's private life or their choice, but a professional athlete on your favorite team can't have similar rights?

He wants to ride and screws his career over, fine.

Plus, none of those guys were riding choppers. Crotch rockets and choppers are a little different in terms of dangerousness. Mostly because of how people ride them. That's like saying a Ferrari is the same as a Buick in terms of dangerousness.

tstrike2000
11-12-2009, 02:39 PM
And hopefully he'll have more common sense than Jeff Kent...

Jeff Kent was supposedly washing his truck when he broke his hand. Then a witness said they saw someone doing handstands or something while the truck was moving, strange.

Anyway, that's a cool story about Mark as they design some pretty awesome bikes.

Jim Shorts
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I guess the question that needs to be asked is ...

Is it a Cardinal bike or a White Sox bike?

Yep. I went there.

PorkChopExpress
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
A little off topic, but Buehrele's all about these types of tv shows, huh? Did anyone ctach him and his family on Dogs 101 on Animal Planet?

ChiSox Fan 68
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
A little off topic, but Buehrele's all about these types of tv shows, huh? Did anyone ctach him and his family on Dogs 101 on Animal Planet?

Yes, I just saw that a month or so ago! I DVR'd the show because one of the segments featured Goldens (which I own) and it just so happened to be the same episode that had Buehrle in it. It was a great segment - he and his wife really seem to love their dogs very much!

Thanks grenda12 for posting about the American Chopper show on the 19th - I just set my DVR for it!

chisox117
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Jeff Kent was supposedly washing his truck when he broke his hand. Then a witness said they saw someone doing handstands or something while the truck was moving, strange.

The story that Kent injured his wrist while washing his truck was a lie that Kent initially invented because his baseball contract forbade him from engaging in potentially dangerous activities such as riding a motorcycle, skydiving, etc. After witnesses came forward to the Arizona media, Kent finally admitted the truth: that he had injured himself trying pop wheelies on his motorcycle to impress some girls.
I always kind of disliked Kent, so I was disappointed that the Giants didn't punish him for engaging in behavior that was not allowed in his contract (and for lying to them).

HomeFish
11-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Cool. He can ride it after he retires in 2020.

Frontman
11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Is it any of your business if he does ride it?

Just because he's on your favorite team and it would harm you? People on here and in society in general want to say how certain aspects of life shouldn't be scrutinized because it's someone's private life or their choice, but a professional athlete on your favorite team can't have similar rights?

He wants to ride and screws his career over, fine.

Plus, none of those guys were riding choppers. Crotch rockets and choppers are a little different in terms of dangerousness. Mostly because of how people ride them. That's like saying a Ferrari is the same as a Buick in terms of dangerousness.

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_preview/2009/07/08/sgt_hulka_says_it_only_hurts_when_you_laugh.gif
"Lighten up, Francis."

Sheesh. I can see a fan being concerned; considering an accident is an accident. Yes, choppers are far more stable; but they still run additional risks not normally involved with riding in a car or truck.

People have a right to show concern. I'd be more up in arms with someone who said, "He got what he deserved" if God forbid he got into an accident!!!

Bobby Thigpen
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I just over reacted a touch because some people on here like to act like Sox players doing something in their own personal lives is against the law because it effects them as fans, whereas in other discussions about non athletes they like to talk about how things are "personal choices" or are "private" and no one's business.

Sorry.

doublem23
11-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I just over reacted a touch because some people on here like to act like Sox players doing something in their own personal lives is against the law because it effects them as fans, whereas in other discussions about non athletes they like to talk about how things are "personal choices" or are "private" and no one's business.

Sorry.

Yeah, nobody ever said Mark Buehrle's going to jail for riding a bike (though, his contract probably does prohibit him from doing so), but he's a public figure so his actions and decisions are going to be the subject of public scrutiny. Nobody force Mark to play baseball professionally, nobody forced him to sign a multimillion dollar contract that is, in part, paid for directly with revenue from fans. After all, if we weren't allowed to talk about this stuff, what would the purpose of this website serve? :cool:

CLR01
11-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, nobody ever said Mark Buehrle's going to jail for riding a bike (though, his contract probably does prohibit him from doing so), but he's a public figure so his actions and decisions are going to be the subject of public scrutiny. Nobody force Mark to play baseball professionally, nobody forced him to sign a multimillion dollar contract that is, in part, paid for directly with revenue from fans. After all, if we weren't allowed to talk about this stuff, what would the purpose of this website serve? :cool:

It'd make a hell of a place to talk about tomatoes or what we are eating at the moment.

SoxandtheCityTee
11-14-2009, 10:39 AM
It'd make a hell of a place to talk about tomatoes or what we are eating at the moment.
:roflmao:

Sure would!

I'm busy with household tasks on a Saturday morning and this just made me laugh.

Taliesinrk
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
That's like saying a Ferrari is the same as a Buick in terms of dangerousness.

Couldn't agree more. Our pitching coach used to warn us about what happens if we take home a Buick. He always said we'd regret it in the morning, and it'd be even worse if our teammates found out.

DumpJerry
11-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I just want to know what the Heck people are listening to right now, this very moment, because, well.........I don't have to give a reason!

Law11
11-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just posted it on my facebook page.

ewokpelts
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
It'd make a hell of a place to talk about tomatoes or what we are eating at the moment.some other "sox" site is mostly about what we eat....

Crede24Thome25
11-19-2009, 08:20 PM
The bike design looks sick. Jason is hilarious especially when he quoted the Hawk
"You can put it on the board":D:

manders_01
11-19-2009, 10:53 PM
The bike looks sweet and Mark looked shocked. What a cool idea.

Totally didn't realize this was on tonight (didn't remember the date from when the thread was first posted) and was thankfully guide surfing so I didn't miss it!

goon
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I was kind of pissed when I missed the episode and found out that it isn't airing again until DECEMBER 3rd.

I searched youtube and found this though:

1tBREyKNGv0

Mark's thinking to himself, "I don't even know how to ride a ****ing motorcycle."

chisox616
11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah...wow, he doesn't even look the least bit excited. Hahaha come on man, you can at least fake it for the show.

Nellie_Fox
11-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Where the hell is Jason from that he pronounces it "Ellinoy?"

goon
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah...wow, he doesn't even look the least bit excited. Hahaha come on man, you can at least fake it for the show.

Mark Buehrle doesn't fake ANYTHING for ANYBODY!

KRS1
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I honestly didn't even know this show was still on the air. As for Mark not being too excited, what do you expect? Him to jump for joy and cry? Nah...
Once you win a WS and throw a perfecto, how do you get excited about anything ever again? :redneck

Also, was that Scotty Pods in the background schwilling a beer?

gr8mexico
11-20-2009, 01:28 AM
That's the same reaction I would have. Because Im sure Mark was thinking,
How much did this crazy ***** pay for this motorcycle? That Im never going to ride

BleacherBandit
11-20-2009, 01:55 AM
How much did this crazy ***** pay for this motorcycle? That Im never going to ride

Have you seen his pickup? Why wouldn't he ride an insane motorcycle if he's into driving other insane automotives?

KRS1
11-20-2009, 02:12 AM

Yes, because I'm so sure he thinks of his wife as a "crazy bitch" and worries about the money (that likely represents less than 1% of what he earned last year) she spent on a gift to commemorate a great moment in his life when he's earning another 14 million this year and the year after.

Shoeless_Jeff
11-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Mark didn't seem all that excited because excitement uses energy. Its obvious that Mark, being an efficient man, distributes his energy evenly throughout the day.

Parrothead
11-20-2009, 06:47 AM
thought the bike looked ok. i know that there is not much you can do with a bike but the best thing about it was the rims.

DaveIsHere
11-20-2009, 06:58 AM
I haven seen a new episode ni a long time, what happened with Paulie and Pops? Show is pretty boring now it seems.

grenda12
11-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Mendota / Troy Grove, IL

grenda12
11-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Promo for the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-NHjLK2yc

Rocky Soprano
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM

I found him annoying as hell.

Streets
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
The bike was ok... I think it could have been better... I've seen them do better... but maybe Mrs. gave 'em a specific $$ amount to work with??

GoGoCrede
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Somehow I doubt that guy is a Sox fan. I don't know why.

The scoreboard was really cool.

His wife seems really sweet and wow, what a backyard they have. I want to be his kid with that playground set.

Also, what happened to the guy's other son on the show? Mikey, the kid with long hair? I haven't seen this show in years.

DeuceUnit
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
The bike cost about 100k, which she got a deal on because she let them do the TV episode on it. That's a lot of money for a motorcycle that has no where near the components of a car. I'd take a Porsche over that bike any day. I know it's custom and all but still...that's some major coin.

Nellie_Fox
11-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior basically fired Junior, and since Mikey never really had a job there, Senior just stopped using him for things like the bike unveilings. It was really because both were so unreliable, but it has made the show less interesting. The fighting between Senior and Junior provided tension, and Mikey provided comic relief. Now Mikey just mopes around feeling sorry for himself.

grenda12
11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Also, what happened to the guy's other son on the show? Mikey, the kid with long hair? I haven't seen this show in years.

Senior basically fired Junior, and since Mikey never really had a job there, Senior just stopped using him for things like the bike unveilings. It was really because both were so unreliable, but it has made the show less interesting. The fighting between Senior and Junior provided tension, and Mikey provided comic relief. Now Mikey just mopes around feeling sorry for himself.

Mikey is now a pianist, didnt you see him playing the piano.

Nellie_Fox
11-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Mikey is now a pianist, didnt you see him playing the piano.Yeah, he's a regular Vladimir Horowitz. He's also an artist now.

oeo
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
The bike cost about 100k, which she got a deal on because she let them do the TV episode on it. That's a lot of money for a motorcycle that has no where near the components of a car. I'd take a Porsche over that bike any day. I know it's custom and all but still...that's some major coin.

Buehrle has a monster truck, he doesn't seem like much of Porsche guy.

Besides, this was a gift for his perfect game, what do you do with a Porsche to get the same result? A paint job? That would look incredible.

DeuceUnit
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Buehrle has a monster truck, he doesn't seem like much of Porsche guy.

Besides, this was a gift for his perfect game, what do you do with a Porsche to get the same result? A paint job? That would look incredible.

No he doesn't seem like a Porsche guy, which is why I said "I would rather have a Porsche". I also wouldn't be suprised if he could not even ride that thing because of his contract. I just don't see how that bike was worth a 100 grand.

gr8mexico
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes, because I'm so sure he thinks of his wife as a "crazy bitch" and worries about the money (that likely represents less than 1% of what he earned last year) she spent on a gift to commemorate a great moment in his life when he's earning another 14 million this year and the year after.
How much of that 14 mil do you think he actually takes home? MAYBE!!! 40%. BTW the cost of that bike has to be easily over 100K

GoGoCrede
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM

Oh, okay. Didn't the dad also get a new, much younger girlfriend at some point during the show? I liked the episodes when they traveled to Europe and met Ewan McGregor. I love him.

LongLiveFisk
11-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I was kind of pissed when I missed the episode and found out that it isn't airing again until DECEMBER 3rd.

Thanks for the heads-up. I missed it the first time and would like to see it. Does anyone have a pic of the bike they can post?

KRS1
11-20-2009, 08:10 PM
How much of that 14 mil do you think he actually takes home? MAYBE!!! 40%. BTW the cost of that bike has to be easily over 100K

:roflmao:What system of taxation do you live in?

BTW, their bikes cost 30-~150k, and judging by the fact that it was A) on TV where they use Mark's name to get ratings and B) not an over the top machine, I'd say it's actually well below the 100k mark.

Like I said, this bike in all likelihood cost less than 1% of the guy pull in this year and he's beyond stable for the next two. Baseball contract=recession proof.

MarkZ35
11-20-2009, 11:26 PM

BTW, their bikes cost 30-~150k, and judging by the fact that it was A) on TV where they use Mark's name to get ratings and B) not an over the top machine, I'd say it's actually well below the 100k mark.

Yea, I was thinking the bike was closer to 75k range, maybe even less. There really wasn't anything that pricey on that bike compared to the other ones that run around 100k.

RedPinStripes
11-22-2009, 07:30 AM
That was pretty cool.

Rdy2PlayBall
11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
For those of you who didn't see it.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/american-chopper-mark-buehrle-bike-full-episode.html

^^^ Full episode. Lots of White Sox loving. :redneck

POST #56!!!!

Bucky F. Dent
11-30-2009, 07:09 AM
.......His wife seems really sweet and wow, what a backyard they have. I want to be his kid with that playground set........

I was actually pretty suprised at how conservative his house and yard looked. MB clearly has his head on right - maybe I've just seen too many episodes of Cribs.

gr8mexico
11-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Like I said, this bike in all likelihood cost less than 1% of the guy pull in this year and he's beyond stable for the next two. Baseball contract=recession proof.
Im not just talking about being taxed. The guy has to pay his agent, accountant, manager, taxes and many other things to keep up his life style.

#1swisher
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
For those of you who didn't see it.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/american-chopper-mark-buehrle-bike-full-episode.html

^^^ Full episode. Lots of White Sox loving. :redneck

POST #56!!!!

Very Cool:cool: that scoreboard is awesome.

itsnotrequired
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Very Cool:cool: that scoreboard is awesome.

i find the scoreboard to be the most annoying thing on there.

Woofer
11-30-2009, 08:48 PM

So did I. If the bike was mine, that would be coming off. It's too over the top for me.

#1swisher
11-30-2009, 09:32 PM

So did I. If the bike was mine, that would be coming off. It's too over the top for me.

I didn't like the PERFECT. The chrome baseball rear-view mirrors were a nice touch.

Madscout
11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Is it me, or does Mark not get excited for anything less than a world series, a no hitter, and a perfect game?

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-01-2009, 12:02 AM

Eh, I don't know about annoying, but I would say done the wrong way. The lights were over the top and cheesy if you as me. Since it was supposed to be themed for the perfect game, it makes sense that the box score be on the bike. I think just straight chrome like the rest of the bike would have looked better.

JermaineDye05
12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
As much as I think it's cool that Mark's wife did this for him, I hate the idea of Mark potentially turning into a *** or at least bike-curious.