PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Listen To Dave Willis Rain-Delay Theater?

kevingrt
06-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Why do so many peopl call in and say that Comiskey Park "sucks and it's too expensive?"

They are so wrong, half price tues. and mon. $1 kid days! Cheap parking if you wanna compare to Wrigley. Same exact amount for hotdogs, brats, and beer then any other stadium. The criminal rate around Comiskey is less then around Wrigley since so many people compare it too Wrigley.

I don't know these people's beefs!!!!

Someone please Help!!!!

RedPinStripes
06-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Why do so many peopl call in and say that Comiskey Park "sucks and it's too expensive?"

They are so wrong, half price tues. and mon. $1 kid days! Cheap parking if you wanna compare to Wrigley. Same exact amount for hotdogs, brats, and beer then any other stadium. The criminal rate around Comiskey is less then around Wrigley since so many people compare it too Wrigley.

Someone please Help!!!!

Bunch of cheap idiots. Like Pigley is cheap? Kill em all . ****in !

ISUSoxfan
06-10-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Someone please Help!!!!

I don't call radio shows, but I posted in another thread why I don't like New Comiskey. To recap,

1. Most of the noise gennerated by the fans escapes the wide open park without ever reaching the field.

2. The 3 stories of luxury boxes push the upper deck up so high that it doesn't even feel like you are at the same game as the people in the lower deck.

3. The upper deck has no overhang, which combined with the height makes the front row even further away from the field than the back row of the upper deck at the Old Comiskey.

4. The club level is nice, but at the old park, those seats would have been in the cheap upper deck general admission section.

5. The outfield has no upper deck, which eliminates the thrill of watching homeruns dissappear into the upper deck.

6. Too many members of the security staff are on power trips and go overboard to enforce trivial rules and policies.

7. There is no real White Sox atmosphere at the New Comiskey. Casual fans come in and talk on cell phones, tour the conourse during the game, don't know the names of our players, cheer louder for the frogs on the scoreboard than the team on the field, and the worst...throw back homerun balls.

8. The prices are similar to other parks, but the cost to go to a big league baseball game is universally ridiculously high. The cheapskate term only applies to people who can afford the prices and chose not to. Some of us are just plain broke. The half price nights are great when we can make it on those nights, but weekends are always full price.

9. Traffic. I wouldn't want the park anywhere besides the South Side of Chicago, but the time it takes to get there on a weeknight using the Stevenson prevents me from going sometimes.

10. I'll end on a positive: The only reason to go to the New Comiskey is the team that plays there, but that alone is enough reason to go. As a Sox fan, I go whenever I can afford gas, parking, and a decent seat, and don't have other obligations. I hate the New Comiskey and complain about it all the time, but I go to see baseball games, not architecture. They could have done a lot better with the park, but at least the Sox stayed in Chicago.

Viva Magglio
06-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Rooney & Farmer said the Mets announcers ripped our ballpark. Uh, have the Mets announcers forgotten where their team plays?