PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club Survey

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
http://www.turnkeysurveyor.com/Surveyor2/default.aspx?sid=2012213&partnerId=ed-3041080-66910742&source=ed-3041080-66910742&RespID=1e486837d5d116ea5d54f02176c06ee4

Take it and let them know how u feel.....

Daver
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
The letter "u" isn't capable of feeling a damn thing.

BubblingCalderon
11-10-2009, 03:10 PM
2008 they suckered me into paying ten extra dollars for a gift that ended up being a pin you could buy for $3. 2009 they suckered me into paying the extra money so I could attend a special in stadium event. That event ended up being the opportunity to pay them even more money to buy patio seats to a game they couldn't sell out after the season was lost.

I couln't possibly be suckered into buying this thing again.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I told them flat out the red sox nation and cubs club programs were better.
hell, the cardinal nation package included 2 FREE tix!

Lundind1
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I told them it was nothing but garbage really. I never did receive the gift or anything from them. I was totally disappointed. This is why the team should run the club and not some outside company.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I told them it was nothing but garbage really. I never did receive the gift or anything from them. I was totally disappointed. This is why the team should run the club and not some outside company.mlb advanced media runs all the various clubs, but the programs are designed by the teams...sox have staffers for this. i talked to them at soxfest last year...

Lundind1
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
mlb advanced media runs all the various clubs, but the programs are designed by the teams...sox have staffers for this. i talked to them at soxfest last year...

Did you let em know how you felt about the Club or was it just informative? I was hoping that it would be a club run organization then I would know that my comments meant something. I think the ballclub should run this thing.

nitetrain8601
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Very poorly ran. I was a member for the past two years. Neither year did I get Cubs tickets, at at least had a shot, and I never got any email correspondence. I logged in and made sure they had my correct email and called as well. Still never received anything, not even the codes at the beginning of the month.

ewokpelts
11-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Did you let em know how you felt about the Club or was it just informative? I was hoping that it would be a club run organization then I would know that my comments meant something. I think the ballclub should run this thing.from my conversation at soxfest(a lengthy one too), the impression i got was that mlb advanced media(they who create whitesox.com and mlb.com) handles the management of the programs, but the teams dictate what you get for your member fees. there's sox staffers that work at 333 W. Shields who only do the internet stuff. They guy I talked to said they want to do more, but the team feels that the higher costs to include more perks will turn away fans/subscribers.

One point I made to him was about cubs/sox tix. I said that the averag eperson buying this membership wants ACCESS to those premium tix, and that it doesent have to be the lower level exactly. He took that suggestion to heart, cuz instead of the sox doing the usual ticket drop at the box office, they had a special sale for sox pride members the week before the cubs/sox series.
so i think we might see soem better options out of this.
i personally think they should just throw in a pair of tickets with the premium membership, even if they were april/may games....

ewokpelts
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Very poorly ran. I was a member for the past two years. Neither year did I get Cubs tickets, at at least had a shot, and I never got any email correspondence. I logged in and made sure they had my correct email and called as well. Still never received anything, not even the codes at the beginning of the month.did you check you spam filters?

KenBerryGrab
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I was a member and liked the GameDay audio, but I live far enough away that I can't get to enough games to make the offers work.

So I cancelled and just bought GameDay audio this year. Saved five bucks.

Hitmen77
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I was a member and liked the GameDay audio, but I live far enough away that I can't get to enough games to make the offers work.

So I cancelled and just bought GameDay audio this year. Saved five bucks.

I was in the Pride Club for 2 or 3 years and the only thing worthwhile was the gameday audio. But, now I get that as part of the $10 MLB app for the iphone/ipod touch. So, the Pride Club access to gameday audio is useless to me now.

The other good thing at first was the ticket sales access the day before they went on sale to the general public in February. That was useful in 2006 when ticket demand was at its peak, but I didn't even use the last year I was in it because I found better prices for good seats on Stubhub.

nitetrain8601
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM
did you check you spam filters?

Yep. Got emails from them my first year with them as well as emails confirming my membership and even got my membership card in the email. They were also added to my address book.

russ99
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
If you guys expect Cubs tickets with a Pride membership, I think that's too much to ask. After Season Ticket holders get their single-game ticket purchase access, then the Ozzie plan presale, then the Pride club presale there are very little Cubs tickets to go around.

I use it for one thing, to get additional lower deck seats for non-prime games you wouldn't ordinarily be able to. Last year that wasn't so much a problem, but it was invaluable in 2006 and 2008.

My only gripe (sent to them) is the ticket purchasing window closes much too far in advance of the actual game day. Summer is busy, and who knows if you want to go to the game up to 7 weeks in advance. That's why I buy a plan or single-game tickets in late January.

This year I expect lower deck tickets will be harder to come by again, so I'm re-upping.

ewokpelts
11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
they listened to fan surveys last year about adding more lower deck options for pride club tix. so it wasnt the same 20 tix per game.
i suggest you go to to the whitesox.com booth at soxfest and voice your concerns to the staffers directly.