PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs in Vegas for 2010

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 03:13 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20091110&content_id=7647992&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

The weekend BEFORE St. Patrick's Day. Mar 12-13.

asindc
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I was at the second game this year on March 5 (my birthday) with a friend who lives in Vegas. I had an awesome time. The park is near downtown Vegas and has a mountain view from any seat. Another great part about being there in March is that it has not gotten too hot yet. This is a great event to plan a Vegas trip around.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
my wife wants vegas instead of glendale for ST this year....

LoveYourSuit
11-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Just found another reason to head down to Vegas this spring.

NCAA conference championships takes place that weekend in addition to selection Sunday..... another great reason to go.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Just found another reason to head down to Vegas this spring.

NCAA conference championships takes place that weekend in addition to selection Sunday..... another great reason to go.****...that means hotels will be expensive......

LoveYourSuit
11-10-2009, 05:07 PM
****...that means hotels will be expensive......

You will be surprised.

I stayed at MGM last year during the exact same time had a premium room and paid the least amount for my 3 night stay as I have ever paid in Vegas.

It's all about booking ahead of time.

Book now and save.

SoxFan78
11-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I went last year and it was a blast, the only drawbacks were the weather (50 degrees in vegas??) and getting there from our hotel.

My wife and I were staying at the Flamingo and probably got a cab around 5:30 to take us down to the park. The park isn't that far away but it took us a hour and a half to get down there cause of traffic. Also cost another $60 in cab fare.

ewokpelts
11-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I went last year and it was a blast, the only drawbacks were the weather (50 degrees in vegas??) and getting there from our hotel.

My wife and I were staying at the Flamingo and probably got a cab around 5:30 to take us down to the park. The park isn't that far away but it took us a hour and a half to get down there cause of traffic. Also cost another $60 in cab fare.why not use the monorail?

doublem23
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
why not use the monorail?

The monorail doesn't go that far north. Not even close.

ewokpelts
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
The monorail doesn't go that far north. Not even close.yeah, i looked into it, and it looks like i'll hav eto rent a car or take a cab...

Sargeant79
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
yeah, i looked into it, and it looks like i'll hav eto rent a car or take a cab...

A cab shouldn't be bad at all. Soxfan78: If you paid $60 for a taxi from the Flamingo to Cashman field, you got completely screwed. Your cab driver was either intentionally ripping you off or should have been smarter than to stay on LV Blvd for that entire drive...he should have gotten off the strip and taken Paradise to Sahara to avoid at least some of it or he could have gone a few blocks east and taken Maryland Parkway the entire way up. Cashman Field is just north of downtown...at the most, you should be looking at about $25 with tip from any of the strip hotels.

Another option: Take the bus. The Las Vegas Boulevard bus is called the "Duece" and you can get on it for $2 each way or get a 24 hour pass for $5. It will probably take a while between traffic and all the stopping it does, but it is cheap.

SoxFan78
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
A cab shouldn't be bad at all. Soxfan78: If you paid $60 for a taxi from the Flamingo to Cashman field, you got completely screwed. Your cab driver was either intentionally ripping you off or should have been smarter than to stay on LV Blvd for that entire drive...he should have gotten off the strip and taken Paradise to Sahara to avoid at least some of it or he could have gone a few blocks east and taken Maryland Parkway the entire way up. Cashman Field is just north of downtown...at the most, you should be looking at about $25 with tip from any of the strip hotels.

Another option: Take the bus. The Las Vegas Boulevard bus is called the "Duece" and you can get on it for $2 each way or get a 24 hour pass for $5. It will probably take a while between traffic and all the stopping it does, but it is cheap.

I don't remember the exact route but he took the highway then tried getting off on some side streets to get there. It wasn't the cab driver I was mad at, its just that it traffic was SLAMMED getting to the game. It seemed like everybody and their mother was going to the game at that time. Probably $45 in cab fare was just sitting in traffic.

The only advice I have is to get there early and you should be fine.