PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban new owner of the Dodgers?

Rockabilly
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-cuban10-2009nov10,0,7450454.story

Nellie_Fox
11-10-2009, 01:25 AM
MLB is a closed club that does not want Mark Cuban anywhere around.

DumpJerry
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Ok, the article says Mr. Ego is interested in buying the team, not the other way around. This is a non-news story. I am interested in buying the White Sox, but there are no articles in the media. I, too, have heard from "many" Sox fans they would like for me to buy the team. Where's my publicity?

Cuban is a tool. Plain and simple.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 09:02 AM
the mccourt's divorce is getting nasty. not impossible for cuban to squeeze in a bid.....

WhiteSox5187
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Will this facilitate a move back to Brooklyn???

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Will this facilitate a move back to Brooklyn???:reinsy:

oh man, that would be SO SWEET!

jabrch
11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
the mccourt's divorce is getting nasty. not impossible for cuban to squeeze in a bid.....

Actually, quite impossible - unless the MLB owners have changed their mind since he last inquired.

Cuban owning a team has nothing to do with a single owner wanting to sell to him - and everything to do with the other owners agreeing to let him in.

asboog
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
MLB is a closed club that does not want Mark Cuban anywhere around.
You're right Cuban doesn't have a realistic shot at becoming an owner of any MLB team.

downstairs
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
You're right Cuban doesn't have a realistic shot at becoming an owner of any MLB team.

Why exactly is that? Honest question here.

I know as a fan I think he's a tool. But why would the owners mind him compared to all the other tools who already have teams, want teams, etc.?

jabrch
11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Why exactly is that? Honest question here.

I know as a fan I think he's a tool. But why would the owners mind him compared to all the other tools who already have teams, want teams, etc.?

Because he is widely considered a maverick (pun intended) by NBA owners. NBA owners don't want another Steinbrenner. They don't want their structure changing more than it already has. They also don't want owners who want to be in the spotlight too much.

If owners could vote out other owners, Steinbrenner likely would be gone. Cuban would probably get fewer votes of support than King George and his family.

ewokpelts
11-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Because he is widely considered a maverick (pun intended) by NBA owners. NBA owners don't want another Steinbrenner. They don't want their structure changing more than it already has. They also don't want owners who want to be in the spotlight too much.

If owners could vote out other owners, Steinbrenner likely would be gone. Cuban would probably get fewer votes of support than King George and his family.george has camled down, and with hank and hal running the show, i dont think mlb wants the steinbrenners gone.

nitetrain8601
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
The owners actually like Steinbrenner, especially within the past 10 years as he greatly calmed down. But the point still remains, the owners don't want a guy who's not afraid to speak his mind, who will expose anyone in the boys club, and is willing to do anything to bring a winner, even if it is not profitable for his team or the league.

doublem23
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM

If owners could vote out other owners, Steinbrenner likely would be gone. Cuban would probably get fewer votes of support than King George and his family.

Maybe, except he doesn't mind doling that luxury tax out to the *******s who run the Pirates, Royals, and Marlins.

Daver
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe, except he doesn't mind doling that luxury tax out to the *******s who run the Pirates, Royals, and Marlins.

That money is used at the sole discretion of the Commissioner of Baseball, most of it goes right into MLB funds and is doled out as he sees fit.

UChicagoHP
11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
MLB already has parity, or lack of it, problem. Unless Cuban is bringing his millions to the Pirates/Royals/Marlins/etc, I don't want him making the rich even richer.

jabrch
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM

They would all be much happier without him around.