PDA

View Full Version : Rockies willing to listen to offers for hawpe

soxfandy
11-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Appearantly they have an abundance in young outfielders (fowler, gonzalez, smith, and spilborghs) which will make hawpe expendable. I imagine that since they don't have a spot for him that it would not take much to get him. He plays rf and is only 30 and is also very good against righties (.303/.955) He is signed for about 5.5 million this year, which isn't bad for the numbers he put up last year. I wonder if this is something that KW will explore? He could even dh if need be.

Craig Grebeck
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
He is an absolutely awful defender. I'd much rather go after Smith.

KRS1
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hawpe's been one of my favorites over the last few years, great guy and good ballplayer. His strikeouts for a 25 hr corner OF, however, aren't something we need on this team right now.

getonbckthr
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
They may let Atkins go and not tender him a deal. What about him at 3B and TeahEn in the OF?

Clembasbal
11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Way, way too many K's (143 K's per 162 games). Especially since Teahen already averages about 137 per 162 games.

That's a lot of strikeouts to add if he is sought by us.

getonbckthr
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Way, way too many K's (143 K's per 162 games). Especially since Teahen already averages about 137 per 162 games.

That's a lot of strikeouts to add if he is sought by us.
Good point.

Zisk77
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
He is an absolutely awful defender. I'd much rather go after Smith.

Don't take this the wrong way I'm not spoiling for an argument. In fact I know very little of Hawpe's defense. Being an American league fan I never witnessed anything that would render a opinion either way on Brad's defense. But why do you think its poor exactly?

Did you watch botch numerous plays, or note the # of errors he has made a year, or some zone rating thingy?

Craig Grebeck
11-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Don't take this the wrong way I'm not spoiling for an argument. In fact I know very little of Hawpe's defense. Being an American league fan I never witnessed anything that would render a opinion either way on Brad's defense. But why do you think its poor exactly?

Did you watch botch numerous plays, or note the # of errors he has made a year, or some zone rating thingy?
UZR/my eyes/scouting reports. They all say the same thing: he's a statue.

Huisj
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
UZR/my eyes/scouting reports. They all say the same thing: he's a statue.

He has a good arm though, right? Not that that matters if he can't get to a ball, but I seem to recall him on some crazy highlights of outfield throws a few years back.