PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't Durham be a great fit for the Cubs?

SoxxoS
06-10-2002, 04:56 PM
I mean, Bobby Hill isnt cutting it. I think he is hitting .200. Not what they are looking for at all. He needs another year in the minors. I think Durham would be a great fit for them. They need a hitter, and you can count on Durham heating it up in the next week or two, b/c I blame the slump on his hand. They have a lot of prospects we would like to have. Don't say they wouldnt want a rent a player, b/c I think they still think they are still in it, as rediculous as that might seem. The only thing that scares me is Kenny "cameo" Williams who will probably trade him for Pat Listach.

Tragg
06-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I mean, Bobby Hill isnt cutting it. I think he is hitting .200. Not what they are looking for at all. He needs another year in the minors. I think Durham would be a great fit for them. They need a hitter, and you can count on Durham heating it up in the next week or two, b/c I blame the slump on his hand. They have a lot of prospects we would like to have. Don't say they wouldnt want a rent a player, b/c I think they still think they are still in it, as rediculous as that might seem. The only thing that scares me is Kenny "cameo" Williams who will probably trade him for Pat Listach.

Probably pat mahomes.
I'd do a hill-durham straight up.

I hate to say it, but the Cubs' top 3 pitchers are flaming dart throwers. Hope they keep making positional moves that make kenny williams look like a genius.

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 06:17 PM
I mean, Bobby Hill isnt cutting it. I think he is hitting .200. [b] what a CRYING shame :whiner:

[b]Not what they are looking for at all. He needs another year in the minors. I think Durham would be a great fit for them. They need a hitter, and you can count on Durham heating it up in the next week or two, b/c I blame the slump on his hand. They have a lot of prospects we would like to have. Don't say they wouldnt want a rent a player, b/c I think they still think they are still in it, as rediculous as that might seem. The only thing that scares me is Kenny "cameo" Williams who will probably trade him for Pat Listach. why should we want to help the northsider unless they give us a great pitching prospect, which they won't.

Daver
06-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

why should we want to help the northsider unless they give us a great pitching prospect, which they won't. [/B]

They have in the past,Garland for Karchner comes to mind.....

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by daver

They have in the past,Garland for Karchner comes to mind..... yeah we got lucky on that one, but for some reason i think they will not be that dumb again........... but then who knows..... :D:

however with all the money they have invested in hill, i don't think they will give up on him yet........... but i sure hope so.

cornball
06-10-2002, 08:40 PM
No doubt we took them with Garland but they still owe us for Sosa/Bell deal....just a thought.....it would be nice for a pitcher

FoulkeTheIndians
06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
After all he's given us over the years, it just wouldn't be right to send Ray-Ray to eternal damnation in Wrigley Field. I'd hate to see him waste his talent there, and I'd really hate to help out the Scrubs.

But on the other hand, what about Parque for Prior straight-up?

:butter
"Ahhh, then I'd get back up into the big leagues."

SoxxoS
06-11-2002, 01:37 AM
Just for the record, Durham hasn't gotten a hit in about 3 weeks, while playing bad, bad 2B. I just hope KW can unload him. Him, CLee, Clayton or Valentin, and any of the catchers for anything he can get for him. We'd be the first team in baseball to actually get better after unloading payroll.

Nellie_Fox
06-11-2002, 02:44 AM
We'd be the first team in baseball to actually get better after unloading payroll. Let's see. Seattle, in consecutive years, let go of Randy Johnson, Junior, and ARod. Seems that I remember them having a pretty nice little season since then.

LongDistanceFan
06-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Let's see. Seattle, in consecutive years, let go of Randy Johnson, Junior, and ARod. Seems that I remember them having a pretty nice little season since then. esp when they got quality returns in prospect for those players you mention

DrWatson27
06-11-2002, 09:07 AM
I'd go for it, but why would the Cubs trade a no-hitting 2nd basemen with good potential for a no-hitting 2nd basemen on his downside. The Flub's management is stupid but not THAT stupid-I think. :D: