PDA

View Full Version : The annual Carl Crawford rumor...

JermaineDye05
11-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Cowley mentioned on B&B today that "the 'sexy' rumor of the day" was Jenks and Danks (Jordan) to TB for Carl Crawford and that TB would have to pick up some of the money.

Cowley said he thinks this is just the "heading into the GM meetings rumor of the day" and that "unless" Kenny gets a "knockout offer" for Jenks, then Bobby will be with the team come next season.

BadBobbyJenks
11-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Crawford or Figgins, one of them eventually has to land here right?:tongue:

I would do that deal without hesitation, but we have been down this road before.

TheOneDawg
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
and getting Carl Crawford for Jenks is not a "knockout" offer?:?:

cws05champ
11-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Crawford or Figgins, one of them eventually has to land here right?:tongue:

I would do that deal without hesitation, but we have been down this road before.
I do the deal too. You are only adding $3M in Salary this year...and though I like Danks, you trade for a proven OF like Crawford when you can. We'd definitely have to add some more BP depth if we lose Bobby.

I'm not holding my breath...

Noneck
11-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I do the deal too. You are only adding $3M in Salary this year...and though I like Danks, you trade for a proven OF like Crawford when you can. We'd definitely have to add some more BP depth if we lose Bobby.

For 1 year? Hes a FA after 10. You know the Sox will never resign him.

Zisk77
11-06-2009, 09:16 PM

Problem is crawford is a FA after next year. you only do this deal if you are committed to showing Carl the Money. Can we do that right now?

Frater Perdurabo
11-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not holding my breath either, but this would be a fantastic deal. Crawford fills the RF and leadoff holes in one fell swoop, but I like Crawford even better as a #3 hitter. KW then would only need to augment the bullpen, and then bring back Pods to share LF/DH duties with Quentin.

Pods, Beckham, Crawford, Quentin, Konerko, AJ, Rios, Teahen, Ramirez

SoxNation05
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not holding my breath either, but this would be a fantastic deal. Crawford fills the RF and leadoff holes in one fell swoop, but I like Crawford even better as a #3 hitter. KW then would only need to augment the bullpen, and then bring back Pods to share LF/DH duties with Quentin.

LF/DH Pods L
2B Beckham R
RF Crawford L
1B Konerko R
C Pierzynski L
LF/DH CQ R
SS Ramirez R
3B Teahen L
CF Rios R

getonbckthr
11-06-2009, 09:45 PM

Problem is crawford is a FA after next year. you only do this deal if you are committed to showing Carl the Money. Can we do that right now?
Contracts coming off the books after 2010:
Konerko - 12million
Dye- 1 million (buyout)
MacDougal .350 (buyout)
Pierzynski - 6.25
Kotsay 1.5
Garcia 1 mil

DirtySox
11-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Any sane team that acquired Crawford would offer arbitration if they couldn't sign him to a deal, hence receiving (likely) type A compensation which is nothing to sneeze at.

gr8mexico
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I wonder if this trade can be made with out trading Jordan?
An outfield of Carl Crawford , Alex Rios & Jordan Danks would be great
1.Carl Crawford LF
2.Gordon Beckham 2B
3. Carlos Quentin DH
4. Paul Konerko 1B
5. A.J C
6. Alex Rios CF
7. Alexei Ramirez SS
8. Mark Teahan 3B
9. Jordan Danks RF

JermaineDye05
11-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I wonder if this trade can be made with out trading Jordan?
An outfield of Carl Crawford , Alex Rios & Jordan Danks would be great
1.Carl Crawford LF
2.Gordon Beckham 2B
3. Carlos Quentin DH
4. Paul Konerko 1B
5. A.J C
6. Alex Rios CF
7. Alexei Ramirez SS
8. Mark Teahan 3B
9. Jordan Danks RF

Defensively, yes.

Offensively, Idk.

We still don't know how Jordan will perform at the ML level.

Frater Perdurabo
11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Defensively, yes.

Offensively, Idk.

We still don't know how Jordan will perform at the ML level.

That outfield would catch almost everything, which would help the pitchers. I think that would overcome the admittedly anemic offense, which to its credit would have a fair amount of speed and gap power.

Zisk77
11-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Crawford is a LF. His arm is not good for a RF. TCQ would be better in RF (Even better at DH).

Zisk77
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Konerko - 12million
Dye- 1 million (buyout)
MacDougal .350 (buyout)
Pierzynski - 6.25
Kotsay 1.5
Garcia 1 mil

Well 22 mil. a year might get it done. I think Crawford might command a yankee-like overpaying on the FA market.

oeo
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM

We're also not going to sign Jenks long term. We would be getting his year before free agency which probably means his best year to date. Go for it all with this rotation.

Noneck
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
We're also not going to sign Jenks long term. We would be getting his year before free agency which probably means his best year to date. Go for it all with this rotation.

Crawford will be more expensive than Rios and probably want a 5 year contract. The Sox will have to compete with the big boys and no way they would outbid them. Crawford would be with the Sox for 1 year.

All that being said, I say go for it also. Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

Red Barchetta
11-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Nice lineup, however I hope Pods and Quentin can have one full healthy season between the two of them!

beasly213
11-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Well rumor going around is that no matter where, Crawford will be traded somewhere. So, why not the White Sox?

oeo
11-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Crawford will be more expensive than Rios and probably want a 5 year contract. The Sox will have to compete with the big boys and no way they would outbid them. Crawford would be with the Sox for 1 year.

All that being said, I say go for it also. Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

That's exactly what I said. I know they wouldn't re-sign Crawford, but if we can get our rotation to the postseason, I like our chances.

soltrain21
11-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Konerko - 12million
Dye- 1 million (buyout)
MacDougal .350 (buyout)
Pierzynski - 6.25
Kotsay 1.5
Garcia 1 mil

And, hopefully our young guys will be ready to fill some holes so we will sign a big name guy. Crawford has to play somewhere. Why not here?

Noneck
11-07-2009, 04:12 PM
That's exactly what I said. I know they wouldn't re-sign Crawford, but if we can get our rotation to the postseason, I like our chances.

My 1st post is what I think will happen, we agree on what we would want to happen.

wulfy
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Since when is Carl Crawford a leadoff hitter?

He didn't lead off once in the last two and only in 7 games in 2006.

Zisk77
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM

he has done it successfully before in his career, but has more power than most leadoff guys so he was moved down in the order. TB also had numerous leadoff candidates such as Upton & Iwamura.

If we traded for him he would lead off unless there was a better candidate (or a passable one) then he would be moved where he could drive some guys in.

tstrike2000
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
he has done it successfully before in his career, but has more power than most leadoff guys so he was moved down in the order. TB also had numerous leadoff candidates such as Upton & Iwamura.

Iwamura was traded to the Pirates last week, so Tampa Bay may be more inclined to keep Crawford.

Zisk77
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Iwamura was traded to the Pirates last week, so Tampa Bay may be more inclined to keep Crawford.

I know he was and they are not inclined to keep Crawford for salary reasons. They have other options, I just listed 2 in the past. Barrett & Perez come to mind and I know they have some other studs to be in the minors.

JermaineDye05
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Since when is Carl Crawford bad?

I don't care if he may not be the ideal lead-off hitter. The main fact is that he instantly makes this team better, depending on the package of course.

LITTLE NELL
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Tampa Tribune and Rays website this A.M. confirmed that Rays picked up Crawford option for 2010 at 10 million.
Tampa Tribune stated that a trade could still be in the works but both sides are working on a new contract.

beasly213
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Tampa Tribune and Rays website this A.M. confirmed that Rays picked up Crawford option for 2010 at 10 million.
Tampa Tribune stated that a trade could still be in the works but both sides are working on a new contract.

I still think they'll trade him. Even at 10 mill he is still a good value.

JermaineDye05
11-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Crawford wants out of TB...or does he?

Link (http://www.faniq.com/article/Sources-conflicted-on-whether-Carl-Crawford-wants-out-of-Tampa-Bay--1876256)

oeo
11-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Crawford wants out of TB...or does he?

Link (http://www.faniq.com/article/Sources-conflicted-on-whether-Carl-Crawford-wants-out-of-Tampa-Bay--1876256)

The first comment is awesome.

WhiteSoxOnly
11-14-2009, 05:44 PM
The first comment is awesome.

And the follow-up isn't bad either.

HomeFish
11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
The Rays would be pretty dumb to trade us Crawford for Jenks. But boy what an improvement that would be for us.

JermaineDye05
11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
The Rays would be pretty dumb to trade us Crawford for Jenks. But boy what an improvement that would be for us.

If Crawford is coming here, it'll be for a lot more than Jenks. If that's all Kenny was offering, then he might as well not bother picking up the phone.

NLaloosh
11-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Carl Crawford will be the White Sox leadofff hitter. I have a psychic friend that predicted it.

She said the opening day leadoff hitter will be:

2010 Scotty Pods
2011 DeWayne Wise
2012 Scotty Pods
2013 Scotty Pods
2014 Chris Getz
2015 Scotty Pods
2016 Dayan Viciedo
2017 Scotty Pods
2018 Carl Crawford

So, you see, it's true.

KMcMahon817
11-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Carl Crawford will be the White Sox leadofff hitter. I have a psychic friend that predicted it.

She said the opening day leadoff hitter will be:

2010 Scotty Pods
2011 DeWayne Wise
2012 Scotty Pods
2013 Scotty Pods
2014 Chris Getz
2015 Scotty Pods
2016 Dayan Viciedo
2017 Scotty Pods
2018 Carl Crawford

So, you see, it's true.

Pods in 2017!??!:o::o::o: