PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Danks might be one of our starting OF'ers next season

Rockabilly
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
http://csnchicago.com/pages/soxdrawer

I would love to see this but not exactly sure if he's ready..

oeo
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Possibly further building up trade value. I know the Sox like Danks, but let's be honest, very few Sox prospects actually make it to the big show with the Sox...they're usually dealt.

CLR01
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
That seems like a terrible idea to have just one guy starting in the outfield.

Rockabilly
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
That seems like a terrible idea to have just one guy starting in the outfield.

LOL!! yea I know miss typed

Domeshot17
11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
The guy hit like 240 at birmingham last year. Nothing about his bat is MLB ready, nothing.

Lip Man 1
11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
God help us.

Lip

SoxNation05
11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
LOL!! yea I know miss typed
"Miss typed"? I mean I know you have a myriad of typos, but "miss typed"?

oeo
11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
The guy hit like 240 at birmingham last year. Nothing about his bat is MLB ready, nothing.

You forgot to add that he did that with an injured wrist. Not saying he's ready, but he's better than that.

DirtySox
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
He won't be.

His bat is nowhere near ready. I expect him a September callup at the earliest.

This is even more idiotic then the idea that Dayan will be breaking camp with the team.

JohnTucker0814
11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
About as idiotic as people saying Beckham would start the season with the Sox last year, that he'd be maybe a Sept. call-up... Yes, Beckham didn't start the year, but he should have!

Maybe Ozzie and Kenny feel differently about prospects after Becks year, had they brought him up instead of the Fields experiment, maybe we win the central... who knows!

DirtySox
11-06-2009, 04:46 PM
About as idiotic as people saying Beckham would start the season with the Sox last year, that he'd be maybe a Sept. call-up... Yes, Beckham didn't start the year, but he should have!

Maybe Ozzie and Kenny feel differently about prospects after Becks year, had they brought him up instead of the Fields experiment, maybe we win the central... who knows!

Jordan Danks is nowhere near close to the prospect Gordon was.

BadBobbyJenks
11-06-2009, 04:58 PM
God help us.

Lip

Have you ever seen Danks play that you have such a disdain for him?

Rockabilly
11-06-2009, 04:58 PM
He won't be.

This is even more idiotic then the idea that Dayan will be breaking camp with the team.

Buddy Bell thought that Jordan was ready for the big leagues before he injured his wrist..

Hitmen77
11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
He won't be.

Agreed. I doubt Danks will be ready for opening day 2010.

Nonetheless, I think KW's comments are very revealing. I know he likes to "fly under the radar" and "don't believe anything he says" yada yada yada....but his comments about having little money left to spend and talking about Thome and Jordan Danks does give us picture of what the Sox are likely to do this offseason.

Look for more Mark Teahen-caliber players to fill our 2 remaining lineup holes. ......of course, KW could also trade Jenks to free up money to acquire a a solid bat for RF or DH.:shrug:

Lip Man 1
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Bad Bobby:

I don't disdain him at all. He's had one injury shortened season in the professional minor leagues.

If anyone thinks he's not only going to start in the outfield but hit leadoff next season, I'm love to have what they are drinking.

Kenny is shrewd not stupid.

And yes I have seen him play. He has potential. That's the key word, potential...that has to be groomed, cultivated and refined to play in the big leagues. He is not even close to playing in the major leagues yet.

Lip

JB98
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Danks might be ready in 2011. More likely, 2012.

dickallen15
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Buddy Bell thought that Jordan was ready for the big leagues before he injured his wrist..
Keith Law, and I know he seems to always hate White Sox prospects, thinks J. Danks peaks as a 4th OF at best.

oeo
11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Keith Law, and I know he seems to always hate White Sox prospects, thinks J. Danks peaks as a 4th OF at best.

Do you read Keith Law all day?

tm1119
11-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Jordan Danks has little to no power and K's way too much. We might as well just bring BA back.

Oh and remember KW had nothing but great things to say about BA last season.... and then he traded him.

Dont read too much into this

Britt Burns
11-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Ain't.

Gonna.

Happen.

DirtySox
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Not an unreasonable projection.

Noneck
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
In one breath Williams says Pod is too expensive and the next breath, Danks can leadoff next year. I look it as a way to justify not being able to get that hometown discount on Pods. I just hope this is a short term ploy till he is able to get someone that can really leadoff next year.

Lip Man 1
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I think Pods or his agent pissed Kenny off in an initial meeting by possibly making demands.

Kenny's comments today were icily cool and he seemed to close the door on this very quickly.

Not that I'm upset, the odds of Podsednik remaining healthy and productive next year based on his track record were slim.

Lip

Jpgr91
11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Knowing that KW does not like to tip his hand, I think it is very possible that him releasing this information on Danks is an attempt to drive up his trade value. Most MLB teams want MLB ready talent in return, KW making this statement may be an effort to put Danks in that MLB ready category.

Noneck
11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I think Pods or his agent pissed Kenny off in an initial meeting by possibly making demands.

Kenny's comments today were icily cool and he seemed to close the door on this very quickly.

Not that I'm upset, the odds of Podsednik remaining healthy and productive next year based on his track record were slim.

Lip

Lip,

I am thinking it may have been that Pods representative may have told Williams, no home town discount and if the Sox want Pods, they will have to pay the going rate.

I am not in love with Pods either but if the solution to the leadoff role is Danks, I'll roll the dice with Pods.

BadBobbyJenks
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't this talk about Danks remind you of how KW pimped Brandon McCarthy?

soxfandy
11-07-2009, 05:00 AM
I really hope this is just a case of KW hyping Danks up for a trade. This brings back bad memories of going into last year with owens/wise as our leadoff hitters. I know Danks has alot more talent than those two, but he is still a big unknown at the major leaguee level. If we do that and he is terrible we find ourselves scrambling for somebody on the current roster to leadoff once again. Rather not have to watch that happen.

dickallen15
11-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Danks leading off would be a real stretch. If you recall, Ozzie didn't even want Beckham hitting near the top of the order breaking in because he felt it was too much pressure. If anyone thinks Jordan Danks is more advanced than Gordon Beckham, they need to put the pipe down. I'm sure he's about the 15th option to be leading off opening day in KW's mind, although he would be an upgrade over 2009 opening day's lead off man.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I really hope this is just a case of KW hyping Danks up for a trade. This brings back bad memories of going into last year with owens/wise as our leadoff hitters.

Didn't John say he wanted to play on the same team with his brother? Something tells me if they trade Jordan, the Sox's chances of signing an extension with John take a huge hit.

I'm not advocating Jordan starting or even being on the Sox when camp breaks, but I'm not too sure Jordan would be shipped out, at the risk of alienating John.