PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Hudson?

mzh
11-06-2009, 11:09 AM
There was probably a thread about this last offseason, but...

It looks as if the Dodgers might not resign him, and after the all-star season last year, maybe KW will listen to the cries of the fans and go after him this time around. If the Teahen trade goes through, this might be a decent fit if Teahen ends up at left or right. We didn't do this last year, now that Getz is supposedly gone I think it clears the way perfectly for a 2-year deal.

VMSNS
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, please.

spawn
11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I would be ok with that.

JohnTucker0814
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I liked Hudson last year, but didn't he get benched by Torre for Ronnie Belliard at the end of the year??? What happened to him in LA? Was it an attitude problem or was he just not hitting or playing D?

Marqhead
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I liked Hudson last year, but didn't he get benched by Torre for Ronnie Belliard at the end of the year??? What happened to him in LA? Was it an attitude problem or was he just not hitting or playing D?

I don't know the exact situation but I do know Belliard caught fire when he was acquired. Maybe it was a case of Torre going with the hot hand?

I'd love to see him here.

voodoochile
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Doesn't look likely, KW just announced Beckham is going to 2B and Teahen will be starting at 3B...

sox1970
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I think everything is subject to change. Watch Alexei get traded, and Beckham goes to SS. You never know with Kenny.

BadBobbyJenks
11-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Ronnie Belliard was a better option for the Dodgers. I think I will pass.

tm1119
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I would say yes to Hudson, IF he wasnt a type A free agent. Not worth the picks in my opinion.

LITTLE NELL
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Doesn't look likely, KW just announced Beckham is going to 2B and Teahen will be starting at 3B...
Why not Beckham at SS and Alexei at second?

sox1970
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Why not Beckham at SS and Alexei at second?

Alexei's arm and range is superior to Beckham's. If Beckham is at SS, Alexei is on another team.

Chez
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Alexei's arm and range is superior to Beckham's. If Beckham is at SS, Alexei is on another team.

Alexei is still a bargain. He's not going anywhere.

Chipol
11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
A player with no baseball sense whatsoever isn't really that much of a bargain.

Jim Shorts
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
A player with no baseball sense whatsoever isn't really that much of a bargain.

Neither are ignorant comments. Alexei had a poor sophomore year and now he has "no baseball sense whatsoever"

I'm really glad WSI doesn't run a baseball team

broker3d
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm really glad WSI doesn't run a baseball team

Well said.

Lip Man 1
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Love to get him but Kenny is crying poor again this afternoon.

Let's hope that talk is all smoke and mirrors.

Lip

TDog
11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I think everything is subject to change. Watch Alexei get traded, and Beckham goes to SS. You never know with Kenny.

Ramirez provides too much production relative to his cost for a trade to made any sense, especially with the Sox taking on the Rios and Peavy contracts.

The White Sox had no interest in Hudson last off-season and they will have no interest in Hudson this off-season.

russ99
11-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Love to get him but Kenny is crying poor again this afternoon.

Let's hope that talk is all smoke and mirrors.

Lip

We'll see about that when he frees up the $7M we're due to pay Jenks.

And he didn't trot out the usual 50 cents line, either. He said they'll spend what they have.

Lip Man 1
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Russ:

That's the million dollar question isn't it...how much do they have and do you believe them?

Not saying they are misleading anyone by the way, just that I think it would benefit the Sox in the long run to be more open with their fans about what's going on given that:

A. Ticket prices were raised last year
B. The Sox had the second largest payroll reduction in MLB last year
C. The Sox have averaged 2,610,610 fans per season for the last four years. (That by the way is the greatest four year attendance average in franchise history surpassing the average of 2,549,690 from 1990 through 1993.)

If they are having financial issues putting a team on the field that can contend for a title again than you have to wonder how many fans do they have to draw to do so?

The Sox may find that by being more transparent fans will actually be willing to cut them more slack knowing that they are doing what they can.

Just something to consider.

Lip

soxinem1
11-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Russ:

That's the million dollar question isn't it...how much do they have and do you believe them?

Not saying they are misleading anyone by the way, just that I think it would benefit the Sox in the long run to be more open with their fans about what's going on given that:

A. Ticket prices were raised last year
B. The Sox had the second largest payroll reduction in MLB last year
C. The Sox have averaged 2,610,610 fans per season for the last four years. (That by the way is the greatest four year attendance average in franchise history surpassing the average of 2,549,690 from 1990 through 1993.)

If they are having financial issues putting a team on the field that can contend for a title again than you have to wonder how many fans do they have to draw to do so?

The Sox may find that by being more transparent fans will actually be willing to cut them more slack knowing that they are doing what they can.

Just something to consider.

Lip

And don't forget they won it all while saving $$$$.