PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Baseball Season R.I.P.

Dub25
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Congrats to the Yanks on a well purchased World Series.

Favorite moment: Being in attendance for Buehrle's perfecto and I love the fact MLB network has been running a promo with that leading it off.

Another moment: The Cubs choking again after the Chi-town media already had NLDS tickets printed back in January after the cuddly Cubbie Convention.

Another moment: The over-rated Twinkies being swept by the well purchased Yankees.

Anyone else...

BleacherBandit
11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Pettite and A-Rod steroid users. Does anybody remember that right now? Probably not. Kind of reminds me of Frank Lucas. He can kill dozens of people but since he does a few good things for the city of New York (by ratting out his cronies) so everybody loves him. A-Rod and Pettite can use steroids, exhibit total lack of moral judgement--but since they help the Yankees regain their first world championship since 2000 (that's what the media keeps saying. Their first in oh-so-many years), these two *******s are considered heroes.

I will forget this season (except Buehrle's perfect game) in a few days.

BNLSox
11-04-2009, 11:00 PM
The Jake Peavy daytime saga that has brought us hope for our staff like we haven't had since the summer of 2004 when The Rock came to join us.

Soxman219
11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Pettite and A-Rod steroid users. Does anybody remember that right now? Probably not. Kind of reminds me of Frank Lucas.

Looks like we'll have to take the title from them.

Dub25
11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Pettite and A-Rod steroid users. Does anybody remember that right now? Probably not. Kind of reminds me of Frank Lucas. He can kill dozens of people but since he does a few good things for the city of New York (by ratting out his cronies) so everybody loves him. A-Rod and Pettite can use steroids, exhibit total lack of moral judgement--but since they help the Yankees regain their first world championship since 2000 (that's what the media keeps saying. Their first in oh-so-many years), these two *******s are considered heroes.

When the N.Y. douchebags were chanting, "Andy Petite", I was thinking the same thing. Those chants should have been followed with HGH or steroids or something like that.

Dub25
11-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Looks like we'll have to take the title from them.

Pipe dream? C'mon.

LoveYourSuit
11-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I think with the right moves we are going to be a legit contender next season for the first time since 2006.

Dub25
11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I think with the right moves we are going to be a legit contender next season for the first time since 2006.

Agreed.

chisoxfanatic
11-04-2009, 11:30 PM
All we need to do is bring back BA, and we're set!!! :redneck

Dub25
11-04-2009, 11:35 PM

Ok ChiSox, is the redneck smile some code for teal? I have not been around for a while so cut me some slack.

chisoxfanatic
11-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok ChiSox, is the redneck smile some code for teal? I have not been around for a while so cut me some slack.
That's not a "redneck" smile...It's my hockey smile (no front teeth)! It's hockey season, so I use it more.

Dub25
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
That's not a "redneck" smile...It's my hockey smile (no front teeth)! It's hockey season, so I use it more.

Sorry, its just when I hovered over it... it said redneck. I love hockey to, go NJ Devils... I mean Blackhawks. I forgot, when old man Wirtz owned the team I rooted for the Devils but go Blackhawks now days.

RadioheadRocks
11-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Brett Favre hijacking another baseball season with his "will he stay retired or won't he?" crap. :rolleyes:

veeter
11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Let the Gordon Beckham era begin.

downstairs
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM

I dislike the "piling on" that is done for the 'roid users- sometimes its just far too much of a soap opera.

However, to hail Pettite like a God last night, and not even mention a tiny whisper of what happened is just plain wrong. Heck- at least mention that Pettite handled the 'roid issue with a lot of grace. Sugar coat it, fine. But you HAVE to mention it.

Last night's game was a low point in my baseball fandom for sure.

LongLiveFisk
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM

:rowand

"Hey, what about me?"