PDA

View Full Version : where would you like to go??

soxman66
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Just wondering....if you could travel anywhere to see our boys play, where would you prefer to go??

I think Baltimore, maybe the new stadium(s) in NY and maybe the Big A.

Where would you want to go??

:gulp:
:gosox:

Lundind1
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I would follow them everywhere if I had the resources but I think that it would be cool to see them in Seattle.

DSpivack
11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I would follow them everywhere if I had the resources but I think that it would be cool to see them in Seattle.

I'd also put in a vote for Seattle. The only major American city I have yet to see that I care to go to [don't really have any desire to see Houston or Dallas]. I'm sure I would love it.

Boondock Saint
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
If it were just for the stadium, it would be either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. If it were for the trip, I think it would be the Marlins, Giants or Padres.

LoveYourSuit
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't care too much for the Trop, but we have made a trip to catch the Sox out there the last 2 seasons. I enjoy St Pete Beach and throwing in a Sox game in the evening is icing on the cake.

San Diego would be my next trip looking forward to, if the Sox get them on the schedule in the future.

Anaheim was good too.

goofymsfan
11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I know I'm biased, but Seattle is a good choice for a stadium to see the Sox play. While the Big A is a nice stadium, I'm not overly fond of the fans there and they make it not worth it. I've talked to several people that have had issues with the fans at the Big A which is really sad because the stadium itself is beautiful.

I've already made plans to see the M's play in Arlington next April. It's a park I haven't been to before so I'm excited for that.

San Diego is another beautiful park as well.

GoGoCrede
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
AT&T Park in San Francisco. It looks so beautiful on television. I have family that lives in that area and I'd like to someday visit (and say hi to Roward. :D:).

Bobby Thigpen
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Baltimore
Pittsburgh (planning on going there next summer)
Seattle
San Francisco
San Diego
Denver (have been to Coors, just not for a Sox game)
Boston

mccoydp
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Pittsburgh for interleague.

Seattle for a game vs. the Mariners.

jmeneghini1433
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Angel Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Fenway Park, and Yankee Stadium.

WhiteSox4Lyfe
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Ive already seen the Sox play in
Detroit
Cleveland (Twice)
KC

I wanna see them play at
Mets or Yankees (Because of the City)
The Twins new stadium
Toronto (cus of the city)
Pittsburgh
Cincy
San Fran
SD
Milwaukee
Arizona

JermaineDye05
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
The clinching game of the World Series.

soxfan21
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM
the clinching game of the world series.

+1.

LITTLE NELL
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Sarasota Florida for spring training. The Sox should have never left.

chisoxfanatic
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd love to go to the Big A myself, especially if it were an April game.

PKalltheway
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Any of the California parks except for Oakland.

ChiSoxGirl
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I don't care too much for the Trop, but we have made a trip to catch the Sox out there the last 2 seasons. I enjoy St Pete Beach and throwing in a Sox game in the evening is icing on the cake.

San Diego would be my next trip looking forward to, if the Sox get them on the schedule in the future.

Anaheim was good too.

Absolutely! The Trop is a total pit and not meant for baseball, but catching an evening Sox game after a day in the sun in St. Pete Beach is the perfect way to end a perfect day.

skobabe8
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Glendale!

(4 1/2 more months)

chisoxfanatic
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Absolutely! The Trop is a total pit and not meant for baseball, but catching an evening Sox game after a day in the sun in St. Pete Beach is the perfect way to end a perfect day.
What was it like stepping inside a building knowing it is gorgeous outside? I've never been totally inside for a baseball game, as the Miller Park and Skydome roofs were open when I was at both ballparks. How dreary was it?!

ChiSoxGirl
11-03-2009, 10:27 PM
What was it like stepping inside a building knowing it is gorgeous outside? I've never been totally inside for a baseball game, as the Miller Park and Skydome roofs were open when I was at both ballparks. How dreary was it?!

Both times I went down there and saw the Sox play, it was weird because as Sox fans, we're so used to watching baseball outdoors, not under a roof. Not having the weather conditions play a factor whatsoever in the ballgame is what makes it so bizarre. It's 72 degrees for each and every game against the Rays, and balls don't get lost in the sun, nor do they get taken away by the wind. I will say, though, that since the Trop is an enclosed "ballpark," it can get VERY loud in there.

chisoxfanatic
11-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Both times I went down there and saw the Sox play, it was weird because as Sox fans, we're so used to watching baseball outdoors, not under a roof. Not having the weather conditions play a factor whatsoever in the ballgame is what makes it so bizarre. It's 72 degrees for each and every game against the Rays, and balls don't get lost in the sun, nor do they get taken away by the wind. I will say, though, that since the Trop is an enclosed "ballpark," it can get VERY loud in there.
I'd imagine it gets even louder when they ring all of those cowbells. I'd like to know how many balls have been lost in the lights or catwalks.

Were you able to comfortably talk baseball with the fans down there, or did they all seem like newbies to MLB?

ChiSoxGirl
11-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd imagine it gets even louder when they ring all of those cowbells. I'd like to know how many balls have been lost in the lights or catwalks.

Were you able to comfortably talk baseball with the fans down there, or did they all seem like newbies to MLB?

Well, when I went down there in 2007, the Rays were still the Devil Rays and garbage. The only fans surrounding me for that four game sweep were Sox fans, so talking baseball was super easy. :wink:

When I went up to Tampa from West Palm Beach back in April, we had amazing seats behind the Rays' dugout (courtesy of my friend who now works for the Cardinals), so I was in the exact opposite situation. Obviously, my friend and I were the only Sox fans around that part of the ballpark, and since we don't get to see one another all that often, we just kind of kept to ourselves that night and enjoyed the fact that we were at a Sox game together. And honestly, the people around us didnt' seem too interested in talking baseball with us; maybe the Sox shirts scared them off.

When we were in Tampa in April, we went to Ferg's before the game and talking baseball was super easy over there... even with Rays fans. But from what I can remember, we mostly chatted up the many Sox fans we saw at the bar. Ferg's is a great place to go before a Rays game- we had a great time!

areilly
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Boston, if only to see if I hate their real fans as much as I hate their phony fans.

Pittsburgh, because if that park is even half as gorgeous in reality as it looks on television, I would be in heaven.

San Diego, because I need an excuse to go to San Diego.

asindc
11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Boston, if only to see if I hate their real fans as much as I hate their phony fans.

Pittsburgh, because if that park is even half as gorgeous in reality as it looks on television, I would be in heaven.

San Diego, because I need an excuse to go to San Diego.

I went to Fenway for the first time during the late August series up there. Fortunately, I chose the game the Sox won. I went with a friend who grew up in Mass. and is a Boston fan. There were quite a few Sox fans there and several sitting around me. I have generally found Boston fans to be knowledgeable (even many of the obnoxious ones) and I found that to be the case at the game as well.

Back on topic. Of the parks I haven't been to yet, I would like to visit these in this order:

LA (both parks)
San Fran
NY (both parks)
Miami (the new park only)
Detroit
San Diego
Minny
Seattle
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
Cincy
Arizona

I have no desire to visit either Texas park, Atlanta, or Tampa's building.

gr8mexico
11-04-2009, 10:59 AM
I would love to watch the Sox play in Cuba.
Just like the Orioles did a few years back.

TomParrish79
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I plan to travel to Kansas City to see the Sox play next year that will take the place of my yearly trip to The Cell to see them play. I have always wanted to see their park, plus I know there wont be a crowd for me to have to battle.

ewokpelts
11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
vegas.