PDA

View Full Version : No Matter What...

ChiSoxBobette
06-10-2002, 11:28 AM
No matter what I'm going to go to the White Sox games this year and support them , I have weekend season tickets and I've bought several single game tickets(as a matter of fact i purchased tickets to the sept.6th cleve. game & the last game of the year against boston sept.26th this morning) so I will probably be attending 35 games. I say what I said because I'm convinced that all we do on these fan sites is blow off steam I don't think anyone listens to us fans. My dad raised me to hate the flubs & love the White Sox .My best freinds dad as a matter of fact works for the flubs & as a youngster in the summer we we're down at gigley almost every day whether the flubs we're in town or not(my buddies favorite team is cincy) so you see I 'm a Sox Fan do or die I could'nt even be swayed by sitting behind the flubs dugout under the stands in a tunnel that was or maybe still is back there and sitting there with myself & my buddy was Rick Reushel (think I spelled his name right) and a couple of other flub players listening to them talk about the women up in the stands and who was trashed out on the field playing. I was also in the flubs umpires room when in walked a third baseman for the flubs (who in the off season moonlighted as a grave digger)and we watched as he downed more than a couple of beers which we're in a frig for the umps after the game he then went out and pitch hitted and played the field. So you see as a 10/11 year old seeing this and hearing this could have swayed me to become a flub fan because at that age that stuff was cool, but not with my dad it was the White Sox in our house. This last May against the Angels I brought my granddaughter whos 2 years old to the game I have photo of myself holding her with the Sox scoreborad behind us. I say this because I'm through bitching I don't think it will do any good anyhow so I'm going to the games and I will support the White Sox players out on the field when they do good and boo them when they stink it up. I think with this owner and his manager & G.M. thats about all I can or we can do with them. I will be there tonight against the mets sitting in my seats with my wife and yes I expect some bonehead moves from our manager but only these fan sites and the booing help us blow off steam. So I'm going to be more possitive about this team - maybe Royce Clayton will start hitting now like he did at the end of last year, maybe big Frank, Maggs, Pauly, Jose and yes even C.Lee will get hot and rip off 10 wins in a row then we'll go into minn. and destroy them. If not I'm going to enjoy going to the White Sox games and I'm going to tell my grandchildren the same things my father preached to me about the White Sox, to him there was only one ball team in Chicago the White Sox. Maybe everyone will jump all over me for this attitude but like I said I don't think anything we scream about on these sites anyone in the front office is listening to. As a last cooment about our manager(who I think has had to many chances)over the weekend why oh why did he in saturdays game at the end pitch hit for the catcher at the end of the game with Pauly against a lefthanded picher when he could have saved Pauly for the 9th or later in that inning and used Sandy to hit for the catcher, Manuel in effect used 2 players because sandy was not going to come up again for a while batting in the 9th spot and Pauly was gone.Well thats all Maybe J.R. knows something we don't about this season & maybe a I was stupid buying those extra tickets for later in the year but then again I'm A Die Hard White Sox Fan who every year thinks this will be the year we go to the series.
Go White Sox
We Are'nt Going To Lose Anymore To new york teams
See Ya At The Sox Games :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :)

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 02:34 PM
that was a positive statement.

MarqSox
06-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
My best freinds dad as a matter of fact works for the flubs & as a youngster in the summer we we're down at gigley almost every day whether the flubs we're in town or not(my buddies favorite team is cincy) so you see I 'm a Sox Fan do or die I could'nt even be swayed by sitting behind the flubs dugout under the stands in a tunnel that was or maybe still is back there and sitting there with myself & my buddy was Rick Reushel (think I spelled his name right) and a couple of other flub players listening to them talk about the women up in the stands and who was trashed out on the field playing.

That's a heckuva run-on sentence!

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

That's a heckuva run-on sentence! what, are we reverting to being an english teacher..........