PDA

View Full Version : Dallareo Balks at Pitching

duke of dorwood
06-10-2002, 09:42 AM
From Sun Times:

At Class AA Birmingham, Jason Dellaero played at shortstop and went 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI in a 5-3 loss to Chattanooga. The Sox want to convert Dellaero to a pitcher because of his earlier inability to hit. But the Sox' 1997 first-round draft pick has been hesitant to make the move, though he is 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in five relief appearances. Since being sent back to Birmingham after hitting .167 in six games at Charlotte, Dellaero is hitting .288 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 22 games for the Barons.

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
From Sun Times:

At Class AA Birmingham, Jason Dellaero played at shortstop and went 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI in a 5-3 loss to Chattanooga. The Sox want to convert Dellaero to a pitcher because of his earlier inability to hit. But the Sox' 1997 first-round draft pick has been hesitant to make the move, though he is 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in five relief appearances. Since being sent back to Birmingham after hitting .167 in six games at Charlotte, Dellaero is hitting .288 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 22 games for the Barons. ahhh i guess he is going to ruin a poss of a decent career as a pitcher........... dump move.

duke of dorwood
06-10-2002, 10:31 AM
Wonder if the choice would hit .288 in Double A ?

:hitless

With one hand I'd hit .288

MarqSox
06-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Wonder if the choice would hit .288 in Double A ?

Hitting, hitting, hitting. God people, get over it. Offense is stupid.

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Hitting, hitting, hitting. God people, get over it. Offense is stupid. offense = wins, no-off = lost.......... simple

MarqSox
06-10-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
offense = wins, no-off = lost.......... simple

In this day and age, it's just not fair to great shortstops like myself. They expect me to hit .300 and they expect my team to win games. But, life isn't fair.

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

In this day and age, it's just not fair to great shortstops like myself. They expect me to hit .300 and they expect my team to win games. But, life isn't fair. funny :smile:

CerberusWG
06-10-2002, 01:48 PM
From Sun Times:

At Class AA Birmingham, Jason Dellaero played at shortstop and went 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI in a 5-3 loss to Chattanooga. The Sox want to convert Dellaero to a pitcher because of his earlier inability to hit. But the Sox' 1997 first-round draft pick has been hesitant to make the move, though he is 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in five relief appearances. Since being sent back to Birmingham after hitting .167 in six games at Charlotte, Dellaero is hitting .288 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 22 games for the Barons.

Shutup, Jason. You hit below .200 two straight years in the minors. You are lucky to even be in the Sox organization right now. Start hitting consistently or shut up.

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Shutup, Jason. You hit below .200 two straight years in the minors. You are lucky to even be in the Sox organization right now. Start hitting consistently or shut up. like he really thinks he can hit.......... how long has he been in the minors....... 3 yrs or more?

Randar68
06-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
like he really thinks he can hit.......... how long has he been in the minors....... 3 yrs or more?

1996 first round draft pick, 1 spot before Lance Berkman...

MattSharp
06-10-2002, 03:41 PM
The thing is, unless he is really impressive there is no room for him in the next couple of years, unless someone screws up....

LongDistanceFan
06-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
The thing is, unless he is really impressive there is no room for him in the next couple of years, unless someone screws up.... in what position