PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH -- Sox are in Playoffs!!

comet2k
10-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I just received an e-mail from Stub Hub titled, "Get great seats to any Chicago White Sox playoff game"

The message said: "Be there alongside your Chicago White Sox as they chase baseball immortality. Go to StubHub, where you’ll find a fantastic selection of tickets to every playoff game – so you experience the championship chase live and in person."

Wow! How did I miss that?

Anyone else get this?

roylestillman
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Somebody at Stub Hub is about to have a bad day.

I got one inviting me to join the Tigers in a "Chase for baseball immortality."

A friend got one asking the same about the Cubs.

kevingrt
10-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Somebody at Stub Hub is about to have a bad day.

I got one inviting me to join the Tigers in a "Chase for baseball immortality."

A friend got one asking the same about the Cubs.

A friend got one for the Cubs and just called and asked if it was some cruel joke or something. I am still laughing.

DumpJerry
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I got that email, too.

We can't even blame the Red Sox for this one.

It just shows, you can't find good help these days.

Edit: I hit the reply button and typed "You're kidding, aren't you?"

DickAllen72
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I just received an e-mail from Stub Hub titled, "Get great seats to any Chicago White Sox playoff game"

The message said: "Be there alongside your Chicago White Sox as they chase baseball immortality. Go to StubHub, where you’ll find a fantastic selection of tickets to every playoff game – so you experience the championship chase live and in person."

Wow! How did I miss that?

Well this certainly is good news.

SoxFan1979
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I just received this

Hi Baseball Fan,

Earlier today, an email promoting Chicago White Sox postseason tickets was sent to you. This, unfortunately, was a mistake. We regret the error and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The StubHub Team

Foulke You
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I got the stubhub email yesterday about the Sox playoff tickets too. At least they sent out an apology. It's not nice to mess with the emotions of Sox fans.

Nellie_Fox
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Apparently this happened all over the country. My morning paper had a blurb that Mets fans got the same email.

slavko
10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Apparently this happened all over the country. My morning paper had a blurb that Mets fans got the same email.

My morning paper (Chicago Tribune) had an item that Cubs fans got the same email. No mention of White Sox.

Clembasbal
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
My morning paper (Chicago Tribune) had an item that Cubs fans got the same email. No mention of White Sox.

CLTV News mentioned the White Sox and the Cubs on the bottom of their scrolling screen last night. So, I guess it's not always bad:D: