PDA

View Full Version : Randar or Vic


LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 05:30 PM
we just heard that our ss that we drafted last yr is not with the club anymore......... heard anything???????

Andy something

Konerko05
06-09-2002, 05:36 PM
Andy Gonzalez? Where did you hear this?

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
Andy Gonzalez? Where did you hear this? in the "i'll trade you" thread

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
in the "i'll trade you" thread he may be hurt or something............ i just haven't heard anything so i was asking.

Konerko05
06-09-2002, 05:45 PM
I believe he is playing rookie ball. Check the rookie leagues at baseballamerica.com.

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
I believe he is playing rookie ball. Check the rookie leagues at baseballamerica.com. yup........ thanks...... batting over 300......

Vsahajpal
06-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
we just heard that our ss that we drafted last yr is not with the club anymore......... heard anything???????

Andy something

He was traded in March to the Phillies for the rights to Thomas Jacquez.

Vsahajpal
06-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
yup........ thanks...... batting over 300......



Those stats are from last season.

Vsahajpal
06-09-2002, 08:43 PM
well that was disappointing, no reaction? :D:

Andy Gonzalez is still in the organisation, and will suit up for Bristol when the short season Appalachian League begins.

Daver
06-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
well that was disappointing, no reaction? :D:

Andy Gonzalez is still in the organisation, and will suit up for Bristol when the short season Appalachian League begins.

I don't get baited that easy Vic.

Sorry.

Vsahajpal
06-09-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by daver


I don't get baited that easy Vic.

Sorry.

yeah, but I was trying to target the chicken-little crowd. Silly of me to assume they know who Andy Gonzalez is, let alone Thomas Jacquez!

:D:

delben91
06-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Silly of me to assume they know who Andy Gonzalez is, let alone Thomas Jacquez!


Ok, I know Gonzalez ripped rookie level pitching, but how's his glove? Any chance three years from now we could see him with the big club?

Oh, and is Jacquez still sucking a$$ in charlotte?

Vsahajpal
06-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by delben91


Ok, I know Gonzalez ripped rookie level pitching, but how's his glove? Any chance three years from now we could see him with the big club?

Oh, and is Jacquez still sucking a$$ in charlotte?


He'll make his fair share of errors as a 19 year-old, but he does have tools to be an effective 6. He's quite agile for a kid his size, and has plus arm-strength (hitting the low 90's from the mound in high school).

delben91
06-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal



He'll make his fair share of errors as a 19 year-old, but he does have tools to be an effective 6. He's quite agile for a kid his size, and has plus arm-strength (hitting the low 90's from the mound in high school).

:hitless
"But does he have cool hair like me?"

Randar68
06-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal



He'll make his fair share of errors as a 19 year-old, but he does have tools to be an effective 6. He's quite agile for a kid his size, and has plus arm-strength (hitting the low 90's from the mound in high school).

That's about right. I've never seen a teenage SS that didn't make a ton of mistakes. Good range for his size, and agile as you say. Good enough arm that many teems saw him more as a mid-round pitcher than a SS...shows occassional power and good potential at an Alfonso Soriano build...

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal


yeah, but I was trying to target the chicken-little crowd. Silly of me to assume they know who Andy Gonzalez is, let alone Thomas Jacquez!

:D: oh that is not nice vic.......... i don't consider myself part of the chicken-little crowd, so if i was here i would've fall for it............. you are evil........ :D:

thanks for the info...

palehosemike
06-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Isn't the SS in question named Angel Gonzalez? If so isn't he going to be 21 this December.... at that age I don't consider him a teenager... Correct me if I am wrong..... :D:

PHM

Spiff
06-10-2002, 07:55 AM
One card I have of his...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=100131

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=98905

Randar68
06-10-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by palehosemike
Isn't the SS in question named Angel Gonzalez? If so isn't he going to be 21 this December.... at that age I don't consider him a teenager... Correct me if I am wrong..... :D:

PHM

No, Andy Gonzalez was last year's fifth round pick out of HS in Florida. He is now 19.

palehosemike
06-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Ok I know I am not seeing things but the Sox site has the following for the 2001 draft

Angel M Gonzalez R/R 6'2" 180 12/15/1981 5th round SS

PHM

Randar68
06-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by palehosemike
Ok I know I am not seeing things but the Sox site has the following for the 2001 draft

Angel M Gonzalez R/R 6'2" 180 12/15/1981 5th round SS

PHM

Your mistake may be trusting info on the Sox site....

5. Andy Gonzalez, ss, Florida Air Academy, Melbourne, Fla.

Maybe his birth name is Angel, but he goes by Andy, but Andy is the only thing I've ever seen him referred to as...

palehosemike
06-10-2002, 07:47 PM
The name thing is fine - same goes for Royce Riggs - he also goes by a different name. Though for Andy according to MLB he is 20 going on 21.... not 19

Vsahajpal
06-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by palehosemike
The name thing is fine - same goes for Royce Riggs - he also goes by a different name. Though for Andy according to MLB he is 20 going on 21.... not 19

Royce Riggs was great in Lethal Weapon 1 & 2. Didn't care much for the others, though.

Royce Ring was a good draft, despite what anyone else has to say :D:

palehosemike
06-11-2002, 05:53 AM
ahhhhh so I hit the g instead of the n....... :D: